Pro steroids and lawsuits

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i remember when i took M1T back a few years ago and that stuff was harsh man. it threw my hormones out of whack, my cholesterol was funked up, my hair was thinner and still is, my liver enzymes were screwed. on my bottle of M1T there was no warning label, there was no list of potential side effects. now i am not the kind of guy to sue over coffee i spilled on myself cuz i already knew it was hot, but i was in a local supplement store and the guy behind the counter was recommending it and selling it to anybody as a supplement that really works. I mean guys that look like they work out once a mont and eat burger king everyday. It seems like these companies that sell prosteroids are just asking for trouble and a massive lawsuit to come there way. i was just curios if this has happened or if it is even possible?

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
who are you gonna sue? Some defunct, or fly by night supplement company that is an LLC.

Probably no assets other than some raw powder and a capping machine.

You have to prove financial damage which may be tough, getting any money from them might be tougher.

Lawyers don't like taking on targets that have no assets.

bwrestler31

Awards
I hate local morons who work at the local supp. stores. I went a few years ago on a normal basis just to ask the guys who worked there what would work. Neither of them work their anymore. I bet it's because they always told people the truth and didn't cell all that B/S **** the store wanted them to. One competed in NPC bb shows and the powerlifter competed in a usapl meets. I trusted those guys and would have bought whatever they told me to.... Now there are over tanned , skin sagging, thinning hair, middle age women working there and I haven't been in there since.

If anything you may have more luck getting money from the store then the company that makes the product.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
You should sue whomever put those products into your body without knowing what they were doing.

Oh wait, that was you...

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Actually if a company is having their products sold by a brick & mortar retailer like GNC or Max Muscle, then the company has to carry around $1 million in product liability insurance for situations like that. Should be quite a lot more to sue for than a capping machine....

bb

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
M1T is a steroid. It would be illegal for them to be selling it retail, and as well, illegal for you to be purchasing it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well a few years ago it wasn't illegal but I never remember it being sold in GNC's either.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, if he was talking about in the past then it was not. I have a hard time understanding people when they do not capitalize and use run on sentences.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
Yes, if he was talking about in the past then it was not. I have a hard time understanding people when they do not capitalize and use run on sentences.
sometimes if you think you have a lot to say and you think its important even if you would normally capitalize or use some sort of punctuation you have to skip it because if you do that it will slow you down too much and you cant get everything out that you wanted to say because youre thinking more about where the comma is on the keyboard than all the fun stuff you want to get out and it really doesnt matter if you have done any research or not you just buy a bottle of pills and take them and hope for the best but really if it doesnt work out it cant be your own fault for doing something stupid because it doesnt work like that in america if something goes wrong and money changed hands it is automatically somebody elses fault and they can be therefore sued for it but that doesnt really have to do with the run on sentences part of things i was just explaining that in addition because it sort of relates to it in a way if you think about it <PERIOD>.

lol

In my head, it sounds like the guy from the old Micro Machines commercials :)

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
<insert big gasp of breath sound>

:) ^ :goodpost:

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the place where i saw it being sold was at a local supplement store. the guy that owned it was a roided out indian guy. but yes this was a few years ago.

i noticed the comment that said it is my fault for doing M1T without knowing what i was doing. i knew what i was doing. i wasnt talking about me. the problem i saw was that the companies that were selling M1T from Legal Gear all the way to VPX would put no information on their product about the potential side effects. of course anabolicminds members know about these side effects but imagine you are some regular Joe that walks into a supplement store wanting to buy some supplements cuz you want to get serious about your routine. you pick the product of the shelf and you read the label and it looks good to you so you take it and **** yourself up. the fact that there was no warnings on the label kind of screwed you over.

believe it or not alot of people think that the stuff you get in supplement stores is alot of stuff that is good for you.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
you pick the product of the shelf and you read the label and it looks good to you so you take it and **** yourself up. the fact that there was no warnings on the label kind of screwed you over.

believe it or not alot of people think that the stuff you get in supplement stores is alot of stuff that is good for you.

Do you think the slowest elk in the pack can sue when it gets eaten by the lion? Of course not - it's natural selection. Of course someone like a regular joe could walk in and **** themselves up. The hope is that his HPTA will be permanently shut down and he will never breed, and next generation will be "slightly better than average Joes".

If you take **** without knowing what you're doing, then that's the kind of thing that can happen. And if you take a product without knowing what the chemicals in it do, then guess what, you're gonna learn one way or another :)

Sorry to sound cold blooded - I am just a firm believer in evolution and personal responsibility. Neither idea is very popular these days.

AM07

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like today's typical American; doesn't want to take personal responsibility for their actions, so they go and try to blame someone else.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
OK ok ok you guys may be taking this a bit far but there is a line.

A person that is responsible for helping you attain your HEALTH goals should not be offering hardcore steroids to new users or even users that know what they are doing without letting know what they are getting into. As well they should be guiding them on what they need to do to stay safe.

Now if he said " hey wanna buy some sh!t that will make you huuuuyoooj, but kill your liver?" and you said "sure thing mr.big.indian.muscle.guy." then yes it's your fault.

*Note* always study and research whatever you are thinking of taking before taking it!

I have a similar story, a guy at my local supp store offered me M1T after me telling him I wanted to get big. Thankfully I had already studied about it here. Plus it was $100 a bottle ...pfff.

NEoborn

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah i think you guys sound harsh. no one told them it was bad for them. how is a guy supposed to know if the expert tells him the stuff is good to go. not everybody knows about anabolicminds.com. you type in M1T into a search engine and the first 150 hits are probably stores selling the stuff and saying how great it is.

look at the products that are out there right now. products made with supposed cutting edge ingredients. do you know what they are really doing to your body???? i looked at the back of a bottle the other day and i was amazed at the amount of chemicals that were in them. even NO explode there are warning labels.

in my opinion a company should be liable if they are selling a potentially dangerous product without sufficient directions (ie liver protection, PCT) and warning labels of possible side effects. i mean even aspirin has that.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
in my opinion a company should be liable if they are selling a potentially dangerous product without sufficient directions (ie liver protection, post cycle therapy) and warning labels of possible side effects. i mean even aspirin has that.
While I agree with this in theory. I have found that the very people that SHOULD be reading labels, NEVER DO. Dumb people never do.

Face it these are gray market products, if the manufacturers we're to reveal too much about them in the labels, then they might draw too much attention to the products.

Sounds weird but its' true.

Most people think that supplements are generally bunk. They have no idea that there are effective legal PH's that really work. If the general public really did have a clue, they would be off the market in no time.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah but if there was a warning label then they would no longer be liable or at least they shouldnt be in my opinion.

SoulofIceman

SoulofIceman

Awards
Let's settle this thing

Ok look I agree whith both sides here.
1. Yes you should of did more research on this and any other product before taking them.
2. Yes the company should of posted something about it on there product for the public to read.

Now reallity. Look even if the comp did put something on there product would you still have taken it? I mean, it was mentioned above about the NO products have warring labels on there stuff, so does that mean don't take them? Or does it mean that take caution because the company can't speak for every individual out there who might take their product and have a bad side? Even back then some PH's had those warrings and still everybody took them, so its kinda hard to argue that and it really does come to you. If you did take it court one of the questions would be like this, "Who held you down and forced this horrible product inot your mouth day after day for weeks on end?". So I don't forsee you winning that one. :study:

SoulofIceman

SoulofIceman

Awards
Also the other thing is, that even if you didn't know about http://anabolicminds.com you could of always asked around at the gym, other shops, etc... Or just old fashion reading up on it would of helped out a lot and I'm not talking about other web pages of supplements, more like an ask.com or wikipedia.com type of page. What I'm trying to say and what I believe everybody else is trying to say is, TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. YOU BOUGHT IT, YOU TOOK IT AND YOU DID NOT DO EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO INFO YOURSELF ABOUT IT PRIOR TO USE. ALL = YOUR FAULT.:blink:

SoulofIceman

SoulofIceman

Awards
I need to slow down and not type so fast and learn how to spell some of my words. :icon_lol:

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what you are saying makes perfect senese. however, from a legal vantage the whole theory of no one made you take it does not hold up in a court.

FACT: Many prosteroids had serous side effects that were not listed on the bottle. As a company, you can not put out a product that is potentially dangerous with the mentality of "eeeh they'll figure it out."

hey but if you feel labels arent important lets just do away with them. well just have to figure out everything through wikipedia

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what you are saying makes perfect senese. however, from a legal vantage the whole theory of no one made you take it does not hold up in a court.

FACT: Many prosteroids had serous side effects that were not listed on the bottle. As a company, you can not put out a product that is potentially dangerous with the mentality of "eeeh they'll figure it out."

hey but if you feel labels arent important lets just do away with them. well just have to figure out everything through wikipedia

Excellent point dynomite. The company that sells the steroid should identify it as a steroid on the bottle. There should definitely be a warning label. If someone gets sick or dies it is the decision of the consumer whether or not to sue. Not having a warning label is not responsible and it tells me the company doesn't care about the customers health and safety...This is another reason I believe there just be some kind restritions on over the counter steroids. A lot of companies stoped producing these types of products exactly for this reason. A smart decison in my opinion.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
indians can get big? all joking aside i really am torn on this issue, some companies are responsible in their products but others go too far and are now mixing 3 methyl into 1 steroid and calling it a non hormonal test booster.... ids cough ids... and thats really asking for trouble when u get people who will buy 3 boxes of it and not see harm in what they are doing

size

Awards
  • Established
I would be surprised if many supplement companies have not been sued by consumers. Companies need to make sure that warning labels are clearly on the bottles and I believe this is the case with the majority of companies.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
the place where i saw it being sold was at a local supplement store. the guy that owned it was a roided out indian guy. but yes this was a few years ago.

i noticed the comment that said it is my fault for doing M1T without knowing what i was doing. i knew what i was doing. i wasnt talking about me. the problem i saw was that the companies that were selling M1T from Legal Gear all the way to VPX would put no information on their product about the potential side effects. of course anabolicminds members know about these side effects but imagine you are some regular Joe that walks into a supplement store wanting to buy some supplements cuz you want to get serious about your routine. you pick the product of the shelf and you read the label and it looks good to you so you take it and **** yourself up. the fact that there was no warnings on the label kind of screwed you over.

I think they cover themselves by saying "consult your physician before use". I don't know if your bottle said that, but the ph's out now do.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
yea but man everything says consult your physician before use. ive seen that on everything from creatine to deoderant. that should not remove the liability of the product's harmful effects from the company.

PhilABowl

PhilABowl

Awards
  • Established
You can buy a gun, machete, or pocket knife at Walmart, doesn't mean it's a good idea to put any of them in your body. At a certain point it becomes common sense; people at GNC are probably making $8 or $10 an hour, and worth every penny. You should consult your doctor before taking supplements. By FDA regulations, it has to say that on the bottle, so if you didn't follow the instructions, then you have no case in court, period. That is fact, not opinion.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the gun and machete defense is stupid. when you buy a gun or a machete there are warnings all over the package with instructions. and also a gun is meant to kill, a machete is meant to cut. M1T is not like these things. now if on the label it said "take 2 machetes a day" and had no warning label, then you would have a case.

Etomic

Awards
  • Established
the gun and machete defense is stupid. when you buy a gun or a machete there are warnings all over the package with instructions. and also a gun is meant to kill, a machete is meant to cut. M1T is not like these things. now if on the label it said "take 2 machetes a day" and had no warning label, then you would have a case.
cars don't come with a warning label saying, "the hood shouldn't be used as a seat on the highway." the "seek physician's advice" label should suffice as a warning. if you are easily sold by salesmen, which is all that gnc employees are, you have problems. you even have to go to a pharmacist and sign a consent form for some zit creams. by that logic you should realize that putting a chemical into your body to make yourself bigger requires a little more background than a suggestion from a salesman; even a doctor's patient might, and often do, seek a second opinion.
as horrible as it sounds, it's just darwinism at its finest.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
cars don't come with a warning label saying, "the hood shouldn't be used as a seat on the highway." the "seek physician's advice" label should suffice as a warning. if you are easily sold by salesmen, which is all that gnc employees are, you have problems. you even have to go to a pharmacist and sign a consent form for some zit creams. by that logic you should realize that putting a chemical into your body to make yourself bigger requires a little more background than a suggestion from a salesman; even a doctor's patient might, and often do, seek a second opinion.
as horrible as it sounds, it's just darwinism at its finest.

sorry man but you must not be the sharpest tool in the ol proverbial shed. there is this little thing called a license that one must obtain before you can legally drive a car. then once you are able to drive, there are all sorts of laws to follow.

and by saying even zit cream has warnings you are reitterating my point that all potentially dangerous products should have warning labels. basically you just sided with me but you did not even realize it. hope that darwinism theory doesnt catch up to you buddy.

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I agree that we're all responsible for our own reseach, etc. especially for what we put in our bodies. But the point here has some validity. Especially with PH's considering they should be required to but either a 'special' label or please consult your doctor warnings. Like when they 1st started to surface and you're in some independant retailer and the guy working tells you how fantastic it is. Ifo you looked at the label and only seen 4-chloro-17a-methyl-say-Goodbye-2-Your-nuts, who would understand all that chemistry...

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I tend to agree (for once, lol) with PhilaBowl on this one. Anyone (even teens who walk into GNC at the mall) have to realize the risk that may be inherent with swallowing a "supplement" that claims to increase the mass of your physical body, and contains "3,5,7 tetra-testa-andromesomax." If you pay $70 for a bottle of this at your local supp store, and eat 'em every day til the bottle's empty, without ever doing any research to see what you're actually ingesting, God help you. But I won't, and I don't think the courts should. I actually have no problem with sending the a$$holes to jail that lied to you about the true nature of the product, just to make a buck (if that, in fact, is what the store did). But to compensate you for being stupid? Never.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
take 2 pills a day... if someone followed the label to the T, they would **** themselves up. that is downright wrong. they were the only product that i can think of, that if you followed the label it would hurt you. sorry man but that is just wrong.

there is a reason these products are illegal now.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
take 2 pills a day... if someone followed the label to the T, they would **** themselves up. that is downright wrong. they were the only product that i can think of, that if you followed the label it would hurt you. sorry man but that is just wrong.

there is a reason these products are illegal now.
What product are you talking about?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am talking about almost every single prosteroid that came out around the M1T period. On a majority of the labels it merely said (compound name)........5mg. Take 2 a day, or whatever the dosage the label specifed. i cant even remember the names of 90% of them.

no pct instructions, no hairloss warnings, no liver warnings.

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
And you would just walk into the supp shop, buy Product X (containing "3-andro, 2-beta, 1-testoblasterone") to increase the actual mass of your body, go home and pop them everyday, without bothering to research what you were ingesting?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
dude, i totally understand what you are saying but say the individual goes to 5 diffeent sites and still does not read a single thing about pct, liver damage or anything. the guy at the store reassures him it is safe. therefore the person felt they did research and felt comfortable. is it still the guys fault? no, he did his research. unfortunately the places he went to did not shed the light he did not know he was missing. that is why products that are dangerous are illegal.

you can defend putting steroids on the market all you want but man you know it aint right

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
I'm kind of a libertarian. I'm a grown-ass man and I think it should be my right to "adjust" my body chemistry any way I see fit, without fear of imprisonment.
And like I said earlier, I have no problem with locking up the a-holes who would lie about the safety aspects of a product just to get paid.
But it still comes down to personal accountability. If you purchase this stuff, and go to "5 different sites and still not read a single thing about post cycle therapy, liver damage, or anything," then you're just too dumb to succeed. And you're wasting my oxygen.
And I'm not talking about you personally -- obviously you're bright enough to be here involved in the discourse. But you're simply defending the indefensible -- the brain-dead. But fortunately, I think very few people actually fall into this category. And I despise the notion of restricting my rights under the guise of protecting the "less-informed."
Let's thin the herd.

Zig5699

Awards
I think both sides of this "argument" are saying that people should be held accountable for their own actions, which they should be...

However, the law/court system doesn't always take the same approach. Look at the lady that sued McDonalds over hot coffee. Duh, coffee is supposed to be hot. Don't set it in your lap with sweatpants on.

In my opinion, though, PHs are tricky. I totally agree that people should know what they are putting in their body, but the info for PHs is not right out there. You have to dig a little to find out information about some of these products. I give myself as an example. My old gym sold supplements, one of which was M1T. The guy at the front desk said it was a great muscle builder. I read the bottle and gave it a try (before it was banned).

After gaining, 20 lbs. and all my lifts going up a lot, I decided to research this product a little and found out it was a steroid. Should I have done this before, I should have no question. However, if the bottle would have stated that is was a steroid that could cause liver damage, high blood pressure, etc... I probably would not have bought it. I, the average customer, was not aware of the side effects of this product, until I took it upon myself to research.

The law, unfortunately, protects these (myself included) people...

babyblu

babyblu

Awards
  • Established
Most people have no idea what the McDonald's coffee case was truly about.

Consumer protection laws have been around for about a century. Why shouldn't manufacturers be held responsible for false labels? I understand 'buyer beware' but there has to be a balance.

bb

Ziquor

Ziquor

Awards
  • Established
I agree about the McDonald's issue, that was long ago. From what I understood they kept their coffee 20 degrees higher than what any other place did. Also it was higher than the fda would've allowed. 1 thing that puzzles me about ph's though is how are they available everywhere after the fda ban a couple years ago? I'm surely not complaining, just curious.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree about the McDonald's issue, that was long ago. From what I understood they kept their coffee 20 degrees higher than what any other place did. Also it was higher than the fda would've allowed. 1 thing that puzzles me about ph's though is how are they available everywhere after the fda ban a couple years ago? I'm surely not complaining, just curious.

i would have to read the law but i remember when it came out it had a long list of substances. then there was a clause that was meant to include similar subastances that could be made in the future. obviously they got around it somehow. i am sure the answer lies in chemistry.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I despise the notion of restricting my rights under the guise of protecting the "less-informed."
Let's thin the herd.

i am not saying make then illegal or even that they should be illegal. ****, lets hand out steroids to everyone on the 21st birthday for all i care (joking of course). but along with the bottle there should be a label that includes warning and sufficient instructions, just like on a bottle of Advil.