Is gluconeogenesis possible while on cycle?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I've read that protein sythesis is 50x higher on cycle than off. This would lead me to believe you body can handle alot more protein without turning it into glucose or storing it as fat.

I wonder if there is a limit however. Assume you eat 400 grams of protein a day. Would AAS be efficient enough to prevent fat storage from too much protein or would there be a limit?

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
400 grams of protein would hurt your kidneys and liver so freaking bad. I do believe in a surplus of protein while on cycle now, but there's alot more involved with protein synthesis than just androgens and amino acids.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
400g protein would not hurt your kidneys unless you have kidney disease, and would not hurt your liver period.

But there is a limit to how much protein your body can assimiliate and absorb, and this is not affected by A.A.S. So increasing your protein by 1.5-2x on-cycle might be a good idea, but anything above 40-50g per meal might not get absorbed well.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
400g protein would not hurt your kidneys unless you have kidney disease, and would not hurt your liver period.

But there is a limit to how much protein your body can assimiliate and absorb, and this is not affected by A.A.S. So increasing your protein by 1.5-2x on-cycle might be a good idea, but anything above 40-50g per meal might not get absorbed well.
well said on both parts..off cycle the max your body can absorb in an hour is 40g...so on cycle i like to get around 50g per meal

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
well said on both parts..off cycle the max your body can absorb in an hour is 40g...so on cycle i like to get around 50g per meal
I've heard 40 grams is the most your body can use, but really, this has to vary from person to person. Ronnie Coleman off cycle could surely use more than 40 grams off cycle than some skinny ecto.

Also, take into account the state your metabolic rate is at. Say you just finished a workout. Now I'm assuming you could use more.

It's gotta be more complicated than to say everyone's limit is 40 grams. Maybe I could use 50 grams per meal, etc.

The G Train

The G Train

Awards
  • Established
I had also heard of 40grams per hour from my doctor, just throwing it out there

tek

Awards
so pumpin up the Creatine also wouldt hurt. while ON ??i try to take 40gs protein hourly. i think the body can only take in some much.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
An across-the-board "40g per hour" isn't really accurate. Different proteins are absorbed at radically different rates, and in fact the research is incomplete and we really don't know as much as we should. (There is an excellent review of the research in Alan Aragon's new book.)

If you take 40g whey on an empty stomach, perhaps most of that will be absorbed within the hour. If you take 40g meat protein in a single meal, it can take many hours for the flesh to be completely digested and the protein completely absorbed.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
An across-the-board "40g per hour" isn't really accurate. Different proteins are absorbed at radically different rates, and in fact the research is incomplete and we really don't know as much as we should. (There is an excellent review of the research in Alan Aragon's new book.)

If you take 40g whey on an empty stomach, perhaps most of that will be absorbed within the hour. If you take 40g meat protein in a single meal, it can take many hours for the flesh to be completely digested and the protein completely absorbed.
I agree. Granny grey hair and Arnold most likely had completely different absorption rates.

Now, is everyone meaning absorption into blood or meaning "absorption" as in utilization for tissue synthesis?

As stated above, there are many variables that would affect absorption in GI tract e.g. form, peptide size.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I mean absorption as absorption through the digestive track and assimilation into the bloodstream as amino acids (without being quickly turned into glucose). I don't think A.A.S. can affect this.

I do, however, think A.A.S. can affect utilization for tissue synthesis.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
40 grams per hour is the most you can absorb? it is so much more complicated than that, as teamsavage pointed out. different types of protein have different absorbtion rates, and can continue to be absorbed as they make their way through the digestive track...for 24 hours.

no one should really go to a doctor for bodybuilding advice. these are the same doctors ive read say 6-7grams of protein a day is all that is needed and that 150-170 grams of protein is the most a person can digest in a day (bb'ers included). also the same guys that published a study in 1975 proving steroids didnt build muscle and didnt conclusively agree that they actually DID build muscle until 1996.

i take in 450grams a day and i assure you i can see a 150gram difference from when i was only taking in 300grams.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I mean absorption as absorption through the digestive track and assimilation into the bloodstream as amino acids (without being quickly turned into glucose). I don't think A.A.S. can affect this.

I do, however, think A.A.S. can affect utilization for tissue synthesis.
I agree kinda. The first part of your statement sort of contradicts the second part. If amino acids are used for tissue synthesis then they will not be converted to glucose. So, AAS will effect the amount of gluconeogenesis from amino acids.

I think amino acid conversion to glucose is more closely related to blood glucose, glucocorticosteroid and muscle glycogen levels.