How honest are you about using anabolics?

How honest are you about your aas use?

• I'm very open, I tell anyone who asks.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I tell only close friends

Votes: 67 59.3%
  • I tell everybody I'm still natural, just good genetics.

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 15.9%

• Total voters

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
i only tell other users...although everyone knows since i graduated high school at 165 and was 205 2 years later

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Theres probably only a handful of people that know about my usage.

Luke667

Awards
i don't tell most people, for the simple reason that there is alot of ignorance. word spreads round quickly and once someone sees you making progress its "oh, that cos he's on steroids" or if you have a bad day and get angry its "oh, thats cos he's on steroids" etc.

i only tell
a)my supplier
b)my gym partner
c)my mum, she has access to my logs, so that god forbid should anything happen, and i react, she'll be able to know what i've taken and at what dosages
d) oh and the online forum people that i ask for advice hehe

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
You said it Luke, there is just alot of ignorance and people automatically will attribute all your success to steroids. People don't realize all the hard work in the gym and dieting that is done to make the gains.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
Only a handfull of people. There isn't a reason for most people to know, allthough it's a pain in the butt to keep telling people I got this big from just eating massive amounts of food.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
I only tell my close friends and there is only like 2 or 3 that know. The rest of the people I just say I put on muscle fast I guess. Most of them by it because i'm in the gym all the time.

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
just my girlfriend, i tell people i have lots of protein and even use creatine sometimes, althouth former user figued it out and a lot of people just dont believe me

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I just say that the line between AS and supplements is so blurred theses days theres not much difference

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I tell people I've used them and probably will again, and that it is good stuff provided you know what you are doing.

But then again, usage is pretty much legal here in Canada...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering the things that can come and bite you in the ass now days you better make that list as small as possible and learn to be a genetic monster in people's eyes :)

GFH

Awards
close friends, people I trust (that ask), very open with training partners in the gym (welcome to powerlifting), a few "e-friends" from lifting forums.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
deny deny deny deny deny deny

Question- "dude are you like, on steroids?"
Response- "the only steroids i need are milk and jesus"

getreal

Awards
i only tell other users...although everyone knows since i graduated high school at 165 and was 205 2 years later
I could have done that naturally, unless your talkinging about total muscle weight. I put on 25 lbs in 4 months with no steroids or supplements.

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
deny deny deny deny deny deny

Question- "dude are you like, on steroids?"
Response- "the only steroids i need are milk and jesus"

Hahaha, i'm a religous guy, I should actually use this line.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I could have done that naturally, unless your talkinging about total muscle weight. I put on 25 lbs in 4 months with no steroids or supplements.
Of muscle? Get real.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
**** happens grunt

between my sophomore and junior year of highschool (3 and a half months or so) i put on a solid 40lbs of muscle.

180ish to 220.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So what was the total weight in the end or did you not gain any fat in that?

I've seen people make some impressive muscle gains both on and off any juice but 40 pounds of muscle in under 6 months is a feat.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) Online, though a very, very small number of people know my real name and location

2) My GF, of course

3) 3 of my friends.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
half of it was natural...i started lifting my junior year of high school at 145lbs

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So what was the total weight in the end or did you not gain any fat in that?

I've seen people make some impressive muscle gains both on and off any juice but 40 pounds of muscle in under 6 months is a feat.
i was a lacrosse player and ran winter track, thats a lot of cardio. having stopped both of those things for the summer the weight just flew on. at that point i was already drinking over a gallon of milk a day just for the hell of it. i was getting a ton of protein just by luck

on a side note as soon as i got back to school they immediately called me down for steroid testing.

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
i was a lacrosse player and ran winter track, thats a lot of cardio. having stopped both of those things for the summer the weight just flew on. at that point i was already drinking over a gallon of milk a day just for the hell of it. i was getting a ton of protein just by luck

on a side note as soon as i got back to school they immediately called me down for steroid testing.
whaaaaaaaaat? they were allowed to do that at school. thats crazy

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whaaaaaaaaat? they were allowed to do that at school. thats crazy
i went to a private school. they didnt actually test me, they had me talk to a drug counselor and threatend me with about 50 different things trying to get me to admit to steroid use, including testing.

anyway, back to the topic

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Why would I use steriods, they are illegal.

olb

Awards
I love nothing more than for someone to say, "Bro. I know you're on something. Tell me what it is"

Keep in mind, this is always from the fat kids whos mouths are stuffed with pizza.

I respond. "Alright man. Don't tell anyone. I take this **** I guarantee you've never heard of"

Fat Kid: "No way! Whats it called?"

Me: "I take something called hard work."

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I love nothing more than for someone to say, "Bro. I know you're on something. Tell me what it is"

Keep in mind, this is always from the fat kids whos mouths are stuffed with pizza.

I respond. "Alright man. Don't tell anyone. I take this **** I guarantee you've never heard of"

Fat Kid: "No way! Whats it called?"

Me: "I take something called hard work."
nice, i got to use this one too

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I don't take anything you can't get at the local vitamin store.
Cause that's where I bought it. (While it was in stock).:twisted:

Jwillbc55

Awards
I've never used before but if I choose to I wouldn't tell anyone who wasn't a very close friend. I wouldn't even tell a girlfriend because they come and go and a lot of the time it ends with bad blood.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually respond with, "I'll let you decide if I take steroids or not."

I don't like lying to people. I get annoyed when I see guys that I know are on tell people that it's all genetics and diet. It seems to put them down a little; so, as I said, I let them decide.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
In my humble opinion..............if you tell ANYONE, you are bragging. If you are going to brag about it, then you get what you deserve.

Just because someone guesses the truth doesn't mean you are obligated to tell them. If they aren't you, it isn't their business.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In my humble opinion..............if you tell ANYONE, you are bragging. If you are going to brag about it, then you get what you deserve.

Just because someone guesses the truth doesn't mean you are obligated to tell them. If they aren't you, it isn't their business.

I'm not quite sure why you would feel it's bragging?

I tell my wife so i dont' have to hide it. I tell my trainer so we can adjust accordingly. usually my teammates know because of the weight and strength they can feel and see in training. I even tell my dr although I say supplements so she doesn't question why i get my lab work so frequently. I don't tell strangers or co-workers but depending on the situation some people I feel should know.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
If someone asks, all you have to say is...........MUSCLETECH ROCKS!! This Nitrotech/Cell-Tech combo kicks A$$!

colindep

colindep

Awards
  • Established
If someone asks, all you have to say is...........MUSCLETECH ROCKS!! This Nitrotech/Cell-Tech combo kicks A$$!
I couldn't bring myself to be so misleading, there are already too many people spreading that awful rumor around.

CarterMalone

CarterMalone

Awards
I had a tapeworm...

Wait, that might gross out some girls... lol.

Ive been thinking about this cause im starting my first cycle this summer. Hrmm all the people at the gym will notice, they see me almost everyday. Oh well...

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
Considering the things that can come and bite you in the ass now days you better make that list as small as possible and learn to be a genetic monster in people's eyes :)
wise words indeed!

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
I have told a few close friends that I work out with every day. Generally, I would advise against this. Even people that you are close with get this wierd kind of jealousy. They just dont look at you the same anymore. If I could go back, I would only tell my friends that are juicing themselves. I wouldnt let the excuse like I want to get some make you disclose your use. If people are serious about using they will get online and get some information for themselves, rather than simply get the clift notes from you. A juicer knows what others juicers look like, so I wouldnt talk about it to anyone that doesnt juice themselves. Thats just my 2c, but if I could do it again I wouldnt even talk about juice with anyone. It just sends the wrong vibes.