first bulking cycle: I want to keep my gains!

• Thread starter washingtonirvin
  • Start date

washingtonirvin

Awards
Hi all,

I am planning my first bulking cycle. I am not a competitive bodybuilder, but more of a weightlifting enthusiast who wants to be more jacked. Since I have no fat on me (I'm guessing 7-8%), this means that I stand to benefit from some bulking. I do not want to compromise my health with this cycle, especially in the long term.

Along with staying healthy, my main goal for this cycle is to keep as much of my gains as humanly possible.

Me: 28, 6', 170, guessing 7-8% bodyfat
Short Term Goal: get to 180 ASAP as a waypoint, and stay above 180.
Long Term Goal: see how 190 works for me, stay there if I like it. Somewhere around 193 could be a good long-term weight for me.
Why on earth a guy who is 6' and 170 is even thinking about gear: I have 14 years experience with weight training! When I reached my full height 10 years ago, I weighed 145. So, 25 pounds of completely lean, permanent gains. And I am pretty strong. Strong, but not big. If you know any cute girls who are into guys who can get 3 reps at 270 on the lat pulldown machine, please introduce me. Until then, methinks I need some mass. 170 has emerged as a type of natural limit for me. When I try to exceed it by stuffing myself, taking creatine, and lifting 5x 1 hour per week, I end up exhausted and with digestive problems. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2004. Thank god I am not sick now. But the lining of my gut is sensitive, making creatine intake and caloric increases difficult for me to sustain. This, and I am natually pretty slim. So take a hardgainer who has reached a long-term weight plateau, and give him a sensitive stomach. Sounds like he should forget about making progress in terms of mass. Unless...

So mass is the order of the day, and it may come more slowly to me than to other first-cyclers. I want to make up for this by keeping my gains to the fullest possible extent. There are two possibilities I am considering. I have a feeling people on this board will prefer the one that involves taking test. I am particularly curious to hear responses that engage me as an individual, and less interested in responses that seek to establish that particular ergogenic aids "suck".

Anyone who has spent even a little time on these boards knows that test is the best mass builder. But I wonder if it is best for my needs. I could easily see myself blowing up to 180 on a test only cycle, then dropping down to 175 in spite of an anavar bridge and appropriate post cycle therapy. This doesn't interest me much.

If I take test, I want to combine it with something that will enable me to keep the majority of my gains. I am interested Schering Primobolan Depot, since it has a reputation for promoting gains that are easier to keep than anything else out there.

I don't want to do more than 7 weeks for my first cycle (5 weeks bulking, then a 2 week bridge), though I would consider extending this in a subsequent cycle depending on results. I am also going to stick with conservative dosages. Remember this is for an amateur who wants to avoid sides, not a 260 pound beast in the making.

Here it is: 250mg Sustanon plus 100mg Primobolan every 5 days for the first 5 weeks of the cycle (that's 7 doses, for a total of 1750mg Sustanon, 700mg Primobolan in the main part of the cycle). To consolidate my gains, I would take 250mg Primobolan at the beginning of weeks 6 and 7, plus 30mg anavar daily during weeks 6-7, then initiate PCT. I imagine I could get at least 7 or 8 pounds of quality, long term gains from this cycle if I play my cards right.

The only things that make me hesitate about this cycle are the possibility of losing the majority of my gains as well as some of my hair. I noticed fallout with DHEA, which I stopped with saw palmetto and rogaine. I would use both of these on this (or any other) cycle. I want to be big, not bald.

The other option involves a compound that may be particularly suited for my needs: boldenone (aka Equipoise or eq). Boldenone is famous for dramatically increasing the appetite. I need all the motivation I can get to eat, so boldenone may be the ticket for me. On the downside, it can increase the pulse and cause anxiety in high doses, so I would stick with 200mg every five days for starters. If I wanted anything like the aforementioned gains with this, I would need to add more of something, and that something could be Primobolan. I would take 300mg with each dose of boldenone. This combo would go for the first five weeks. Then I would run Primobolan 300mg per week plus anavar 30mg/day for the last two weeks of the cycle. I wouldn't blow up as much on this cycle, but I might just end up with the same long-term gains due to the appetite stimulation that comes with boldenone.

The combination of these two is described thusly by Peter "Big Cat" Van Mol (please don't characterize him as an "idiot" in your responses): "There is a slight merit in stacking Methenolone with boldenone, because apart from its 1-methyl group, methenolone is basically DHB, the 5-alpha-reduced form of boldenone. But since boldenone itself has very low affinity for 5-alpha-reduction, it should have a good synergistic effect stacking the two at 300 mg/week each."

Allow me to write out these cycles for head to head comparison. Remember that my goal is to gain at least 10 pounds of muscle that I can keep, but it is fine with me if this takes 2 or even 3 cycles, provided that I actually keep the gains.

Sustanon 250 + Primobolan Depot Cycle:
Days 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31: Sustanon 250mg, Primobolan 100mg
Days 36, 43: Primobolan 250mg
Days 36-49: Anavar 30mg
Total Intake: Sustanon 1750mg, Primobolan 1200mg, Anavar 420mg
Total Cost: Sustanon $105 + Primobolan $180 + Anavar $10 (yeah, baby) = $295

Boldenone + Primobolan Depot Cycle:
Days 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31: Boldenone 200mg, Primobolan 300mg
Days 36, 43: Primobolan 300mg
Total Intake: Boldenone 1400mg, Primobolan 2100mg, Anavar 420mg
Total Cost: Boldenone $70 + Primobolan $315 + Anavar $10 = $395

In terms of your responses, the only test I will consider for this cycle is Sustanon. If you wish to suggest other tests for future cycles I welcome this.

The Primobolan is more open to amendment, if you know of something that is better at producing long-term gains with minimal sides. I would consider masteron if you think it wouldn't kill my hair, but not deca (too many sides), unless something like 150mg deca every 5 days could be done without sides. Same goes for something like masteron or trenabol. Let me know.

I eagerly await your responses, and hope that I haven't gone on too long. Just don't say I didn't do my homework!

Popa Murph

Awards
Hi all,

I am planning my first bulking cycle. I am not a competitive bodybuilder, but more of a weightlifting enthusiast who wants to be more jacked. Since I have no fat on me (I'm guessing 7-8%), this means that I stand to benefit from some bulking. I do not want to compromise my health with this cycle, especially in the long term.

Along with staying healthy, my main goal for this cycle is to keep as much of my gains as humanly possible.

Me: 28, 6', 170, guessing 7-8% bodyfat
Short Term Goal: get to 180 ASAP as a waypoint, and stay above 180.
Long Term Goal: see how 190 works for me, stay there if I like it. Somewhere around 193 could be a good long-term weight for me.
Why on earth a guy who is 6' and 170 is even thinking about gear: I have 14 years experience with weight training! When I reached my full height 10 years ago, I weighed 145. So, 25 pounds of completely lean, permanent gains. And I am pretty strong. Strong, but not big. If you know any cute girls who are into guys who can get 3 reps at 270 on the lat pulldown machine, please introduce me. Until then, methinks I need some mass. 170 has emerged as a type of natural limit for me. When I try to exceed it by stuffing myself, taking creatine, and lifting 5x 1 hour per week, I end up exhausted and with digestive problems. I was diagnosed with Crohn's in 2004. Thank god I am not sick now. But the lining of my gut is sensitive, making creatine intake and caloric increases difficult for me to sustain. This, and I am natually pretty slim. So take a hardgainer who has reached a long-term weight plateau, and give him a sensitive stomach. Sounds like he should forget about making progress in terms of mass. Unless...

So mass is the order of the day, and it may come more slowly to me than to other first-cyclers. I want to make up for this by keeping my gains to the fullest possible extent. There are two possibilities I am considering. I have a feeling people on this board will prefer the one that involves taking test. I am particularly curious to hear responses that engage me as an individual, and less interested in responses that seek to establish that particular ergogenic aids "suck".

Anyone who has spent even a little time on these boards knows that test is the best mass builder. But I wonder if it is best for my needs. I could easily see myself blowing up to 180 on a test only cycle, then dropping down to 175 in spite of an anavar bridge and appropriate post cycle therapy. This doesn't interest me much.

I pretty much agree with this.

If I take test, I want to combine it with something that will enable me to keep the majority of my gains. I am interested Schering Primobolan Depot, since it has a reputation for promoting gains that are easier to keep than anything else out there.

You haven't posted a diet. It dosen't matter what you stack you won't keep any of it if you don't eat.

I don't want to do more than 7 weeks for my first cycle (5 weeks bulking, then a 2 week bridge), though I would consider extending this in a subsequent cycle depending on results. I am also going to stick with conservative dosages. Remember this is for an amateur who wants to avoid sides, not a 260 pound beast in the making.

Why?

Here it is: 250mg Sustanon plus 100mg Primobolan every 5 days for the first 5 weeks of the cycle (that's 7 doses, for a total of 1750mg Sustanon, 700mg Primobolan in the main part of the cycle). To consolidate my gains, I would take 250mg Primobolan at the beginning of weeks 6 and 7, plus 30mg anavar daily during weeks 6-7, then initiate post cycle therapy. I imagine I could get at least 7 or 8 pounds of quality, long term gains from this cycle if I play my cards right.

First off Sust is a very bad choice of test IMO.
Why not go with Prop 500mg a week for 6-8 weeks or 350mg/w if you want to keep dosage low. That sounds like a solid 10lbs cycle to me and it cost 1/2 the previous cycle.

The only things that make me hesitate about this cycle are the possibility of losing the majority of my gains as well as some of my hair. I noticed fallout with DHEA, which I stopped with saw palmetto and rogaine. I would use both of these on this (or any other) cycle. I want to be big, not bald.

The other option involves a compound that may be particularly suited for my needs: boldenone (aka Equipoise or eq). Boldenone is famous for dramatically increasing the appetite. I need all the motivation I can get to eat, so boldenone may be the ticket for me. On the downside, it can increase the pulse and cause anxiety in high doses, so I would stick with 200mg every five days for starters. If I wanted anything like the aforementioned gains with this, I would need to add more of something, and that something could be Primobolan. I would take 300mg with each dose of boldenone. This combo would go for the first five weeks. Then I would run Primobolan 300mg per week plus anavar 30mg/day for the last two weeks of the cycle. I wouldn't blow up as much on this cycle, but I might just end up with the same long-term gains due to the appetite stimulation that comes with boldenone.

IMO this cycle is better than the Sust but I'd still go with the Prop for 8 weeks.

The combination of these two is described thusly by Peter "Big Cat" Van Mol (please don't characterize him as an "idiot" in your responses): "There is a slight merit in stacking Methenolone with boldenone, because apart from its 1-methyl group, methenolone is basically DHB, the 5-alpha-reduced form of boldenone. But since boldenone itself has very low affinity for 5-alpha-reduction, it should have a good synergistic effect stacking the two at 300 mg/week each."

If you like Big Cat why do you like Sust? He dosen't.

Allow me to write out these cycles for head to head comparison. Remember that my goal is to gain at least 10 pounds of muscle that I can keep, but it is fine with me if this takes 2 or even 3 cycles, provided that I actually keep the gains.

Eat, Post a diet!

Sustanon 250 + Primobolan Depot Cycle:
Days 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31: Sustanon 250mg, Primobolan 100mg
Days 36, 43: Primobolan 250mg
Total Intake: Sustanon 1750mg, Primobolan 1200mg, Anavar 420mg

Don't like it, I wouldn't post prices if I were you.

Boldenone + Primobolan Depot Cycle:
Days 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26, 31: Boldenone 200mg, Primobolan 300mg
Days 36, 43: Primobolan 300mg
Total Intake: Boldenone 1400mg, Primobolan 2100mg, Anavar 420mg

I think you should stick with one compound and see how you respond to it. KISS

In terms of your responses, the only test I will consider for this cycle is Sustanon. If you wish to suggest other tests for future cycles I welcome this.

If you made up your mind why ask for an opinion?

The Primobolan is more open to amendment, if you know of something that is better at producing long-term gains with minimal sides. I would consider masteron if you think it wouldn't kill my hair, but not deca (too many sides), unless something like 150mg deca every 5 days could be done without sides. Same goes for something like masteron or trenabol. Let me know.

I eagerly await your responses, and hope that I haven't gone on too long. Just don't say I didn't do my homework!

Post up a Diet and post cycle therapy. You'd get alot better feedback if you did.
IMO

washingtonirvin

Awards
Wow, thanks. Points all well taken. I thought I went on too long, but you're right, diet and PCT are essential, and I should include a summary of my training plans as well. I was a bit overconfident there... I am open to suggestions for the test component of this cycle, and thanks for yours. Additionally, it has dawned on me that the Boldenone should probably be used for 2-3 times as long as proposed (if at all). My reason for wanting to keep the cycle short is fear of side effects, mainly long term HPTA suppression in spite of PCT. I would like to hear feedback on the likelihood of this for a healthy 28y/o guy.

I will write out proposed diet and PCT tonight. In the mean time, it's hard for me to plan out my training... as it is, fatigue after a training day really sets me back, and one of the things I want most from gear is the ability to turn it up in the gym. Any suggestions for how to plan for new energy that result from these cycles. As it is, I experience substantial fatigue the next day from doing 6 sets of 8-10 reps using compound movements and free weights, and prohibitive/debilitative fatigue from doing a workout with 18 sets, 12 of which are compound movements with free weights, and maybe 6 are less taxing isolation exercises.

Energy is a scarce resource for me, and I welcome any ideas about how much of it these cycles could produce.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
If you really want to gain 10lbs, go with prop and anavar. Prop at 75ED or 150mgEOD and anavar at 40mgED. Do this for 6 or 8 weeks and eat as much as you can. I'll bet you can get to that 180. Though to be honest, I don't think you're near ready for gear at 170lbs and 6'. I think you could easily get to 180 an even 190 at 6' without ever touching gear.

Also, wanting to do a short cycle for fear of supression, well running test at or above endogenous amounts for more than 4 weeks will drop your LH to at or near 0 anyway. Given that, why not just run a test-e cycle out to 12 weeks? Once your shutdown, you really can't get MORE shutdown. I would bet with 12 weeks and alot of food you could easily make it to 190lbs.

Jared

Awards
I can see your reasoning for everything you have layed out. What I would like to add is in my experience, test gains have been very easy to maintain. Recovery from test only cycles has been much easier for me than any oral cycles.

Stupes

Yeah - you're 28 years old and naturally skinny - and have been lifting for 14 years - you know your body. Some guys are naturally 250 - some are 170 - most are 190. Your a big boy who can make his own decisions by now. So........

EQ would be usless with any cycle under ten weeks. It's a long acting ester and won't even start really kicking in until week 3 or 4 and then it stays in your system for a couple weeks after the last injection. If it's your first time pinning yourself - do you really want to be doing every other day injections? Why not go with a Test E/EQ stack? 2 injections a week. And anavar for 2 weeks is not long enough either. You wouldn't get anything from that. Var is not explosive like DBol or Superdrol - it's best used at a minimum of 6 weeks. I propose this:
12 week cycle
weeks 1-10 Test E 250-500mg
weeks 1-10 EQ 200-400mg
weeks 7-12 Anavar 40mg/day
weeks 3-12 HCG 500IU a week
weeks 13-14 Nolva 40mg/day
weeks 15-16 Nolva 20mg/day

and if you are really concerned with estrogen sides from the test - Arimidex at .5 mg every other day will take care of that at your dosages. Finasteride for the hair. The HCG is low dose sub-q shots that will just keep the boys going until PCT starts and you run no risk of HCG desensitization. Eat well and you can't miss. Low sides and clean mass. But the only way to hold the gains has been stated - you need to eat more than you do now in order to maintain more weight. You need to change your eating habits - like instead of eating every 2.5 hours - cut it down to every 2 hours.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cannot say I agree with the above whatsoever, sorry, don't mean to be a ****. Regardless of your age you should stick to one long-estered injectable for your first, IMO, as you will not be able to attribute any negative side effects, should they arrive, to either compound because you won't know. Stick with an oral, if you so choose, as the negative side effects of the longer acting ester most likely will not manifest themselves until a few weeks in, and by that time you could be finishing up depending on which oral you choose. At any rate, I don't think running 3 compounds for your first is a great idea.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
It's your first cycle as it is so your going to keep most if not all of your gains anyway as long as you run proper post cycle therapy. I'd do the following:

Weeks 1-12 500mg Sustanon
Weeks 1-4 50mg Anavar
Weeks 12-14 50mg Anavar
Weels 1-14 50mg Proviron

Pct:

Week 15: 60mg Nolvadex, 25mg ATD, 3 Retain, 12 PowerFull
Week 16: 40mg Nolvadex, 50mg ATD, 3 Retain, 12 PowerFull
Week 17: 40mg Nolvadex, 50mg ATD, 3 Retain, 12 PowerFull
Week 18: 20mg Nolvadex, 25mg ATD, 3 Retain, 12 PowerFull

So you've got the anavar to help kickstart your cycle, then for the last 4 weeks to help solidify gains, you should make some high quality gains from this cycle. Considering this is your first cycle and the post-cycle therapy that i outlined you shouldn't have any problems keeping all of your gains and gaining alteast 10lbs of new mass. I included Proviron in your cycle to help free up bound testosterone to make the test more effective but if you can't get it or want to keep costs down then don't use it and just keep nolvadex on hand if signs of gyno appear. Also if your only going for 10lbs of new muscle you could do that easily at your size naturally.

Stupes

Cannot say I agree with the above whatsoever, sorry, don't mean to be a ****. Regardless of your age you should stick to one long-estered injectable for your first, IMO, as you will not be able to attribute any negative side effects, should they arrive, to either compound because you won't know. Stick with an oral, if you so choose, as the negative side effects of the longer acting ester most likely will not manifest themselves until a few weeks in, and by that time you could be finishing up depending on which oral you choose. At any rate, I don't think running 3 compounds for your first is a great idea.
But what negative side effects is really possible with 250 mg of Test E? Minimal bloat - if any - and minimal hair loss - and minimal blood pressure. It's Test - your body has it already - and at 250mg - come on - that's HRT dosage we're talking about here. Anavar is the safest oral - and the safest steriod behind Test - it's been studied and proven as such for over 4 decades - it's used on children for months at a time. The only wild card is EQ - and it's mild also - especially at 200mg. I understand the caution - but Test and Var are as safe as it gets - especially at the doses we're talking about here. In fact if it was me - I would go for 500mg Test and 6-8 weeks of Anavar at 40-60mg. Safe and solid. But is one question mark really going to kill? No - and it's EQ - which is mild.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Washingtonirvin- your proposed dosages are too low. By running a cycle at those doasges you will in all likelyhood just replace your own testosterone production with synthetic so just up the dose. A simple first cycle suited for your needs would obviously be test prop&var and as CHAPS said throw in some proviron its good stuff. Keeping your gains all comes down to how your PCT is executed. Above all else you must take in more calories, especially during post cycle.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Also, wanting to do a short cycle for fear of supression, well running test at or above endogenous amounts for more than 4 weeks will drop your LH to at or near 0 anyway. Given that, why not just run a test-e cycle out to 12 weeks? Once your shutdown, you really can't get MORE shutdown.
This is not exactly true. LH release isn't the only important factor in shutdown and recovery. For longer cycles, testicular atrophy is more important. There's a study discussed in Anabolics 2006 where subjects were given test enth 250mg for 21 weeks, and then LH and natty test were measured when they came off. LH began recovering immediately and was close to normal just 6 weeks after the last shot. But natty test levels continued to drop until 5 weeks after the last shot, didn't begin to climb at all until 11 weeks after, and were still only 85% recovered 18 weeks after.

"This lack of correlation makes clear that the problem in getting androgen levels restored is not necessarily the level of LH, but more so of testicular atrophy and desensitization to LH. After a period of inactivation, the testes have lost mass (atrophied), making them unable to perform the required workload. The protracted post-cycle window can, likewise, no longer be looked at as one of low testosterone and low LH. Much of it actually inolves low testosterone and normal (even high) LH." pg 68

Of course this problem can be avoided by using HCG on-cycle. But if HCG is not used, there is still an advantage to keeping cycles shorter rather than longer, even if LH production will be shutdown either way.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But what negative side effects is really possible with 250 mg of Test E? Minimal bloat - if any - and minimal hair loss - and minimal blood pressure. It's Test - your body has it already - and at 250mg - come on - that's HRT dosage we're talking about here. Anavar is the safest oral - and the safest steriod behind Test - it's been studied and proven as such for over 4 decades - it's used on children for months at a time. The only wild card is EQ - and it's mild also - especially at 200mg. I understand the caution - but Test and Var are as safe as it gets - especially at the doses we're talking about here. In fact if it was me - I would go for 500mg Test and 6-8 weeks of Anavar at 40-60mg. Safe and solid. But is one question mark really going to kill? No - and it's EQ - which is mild.
No, it's not going to 'kill' someone, and while all those compounds are mild the fact still exists that anyone can have an adverse reaction to ANY compound. Seeing as EQ and Sust both contain relatively long esters, if those problems were to arise he would not be able to attribute it to either one, and they would take 2-3 weeks to subside.

Though I didn't see the dosages listed, but even still-the point remains. You do 3 compounds for your first cycle? Where is there to go from there? While these compounds are relatively safe (keyword being relative, let us not kid ourselves here) I still believe in getting the job done with the least amount of compounds. For a first cycle you wouldn't need anything else besides Test, and maybe a nice oral to start off with.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not exactly true. LH release isn't the only important factor in shutdown and recovery. For longer cycles, testicular atrophy is more important. There's a study discussed in Anabolics 2006 where subjects were given test enth 250mg for 21 weeks, and then LH and natty test were measured when they came off. LH began recovering immediately and was close to normal just 6 weeks after the last shot. But natty test levels continued to drop until 5 weeks after the last shot, didn't begin to climb at all until 11 weeks after, and were still only 85% recovered 18 weeks after.

"This lack of correlation makes clear that the problem in getting androgen levels restored is not necessarily the level of LH, but more so of testicular atrophy and desensitization to LH. After a period of inactivation, the testes have lost mass (atrophied), making them unable to perform the required workload. The protracted post-cycle window can, likewise, no longer be looked at as one of low testosterone and low LH. Much of it actually inolves low testosterone and normal (even high) LH." pg 68

Of course this problem can be avoided by using HCG on-cycle. But if HCG is not used, there is still an advantage to keeping cycles shorter rather than longer, even if LH production will be shutdown either way.

Yeah, I read that as well. It would seem that study gives more credence to the 'burst cycles' proposed in BTPB.

washingtonirvin

Awards
This is all helpful. I am trying to discern some kind of consensus from your replies.

Since hairloss and estrogenic sides seem to be controllable, I am going to plan my cycle to protect my gonads. I will use hcg midcycle and toremifene post-cycle. So what will I use, how much of it will I use, and for how long will I use it?

The only bulking compound I will use will be Test Enanthate. The only bridging compound I will use will be anavar. I will pick dosages that suit me as an individual, somewhere between an HRT dosage and a competitive bodybuilding dosage. For starters, I will use 400mg of Test E per week. I will use this for at least the first two weeks.

At the beginning of the third week I will see how I feel. I will of course keep a log of my progress and do my best to prevent sides from emerging (with your help!). If the sides seem under control I will stick with 400mg. Ditto for the fourth week. I will see how far I can get in 6 doses. Hopefully I will be able to stick with 400mg for the whole six weeks. I feel that increasing the dosage beyond this would expose me to too many potential side effects, and going longer than 6 weeks would make me concerned about HPTA recovery. I will use HCG, but nonetheless I want to make sure I do this right.

So here it is, the simplest bulking cycle with a bridge that I could design:
Weeks 1-6: 400mg Testosterone Enanthate
Weeks 7-8: 30mg anavar daily

HPTA protective measures:
Weeks 3-7: 1000iu HCG twice per week
Weeks 9-10: 70mg toremifene daily

This pretty much settles the gear question for now. No eq this time around.

Clearly I will put on some mass with this cycle, though not as much as if I were to rock 500mg for 10 weeks. That's fine with me, and it puts more of a burden on me to eat properly.

Next step for me: design a diet. This will be more of a challenge for me than for most people because I have a sensitive stomach. I often stop eating even though I am still a bit hungry to avoid indigestion.

My metabolism is fast as shhhh it ... never stops. I would guess I burn 3000 calories per day.

I don't think I could stomach 5000 calories per day, and I don't think I would be happy with my gains at 4000. So I will pick 4500 as my daily intake.

To make this as fun as possible, my diet will be largely polymeric. Polymeric diets involve giving the body foods that require no digestion or just a simple 1-step digestion. Dextrose, for example, requires no digestion, while maltodextrin is digested in a single step. Free form amino acids require no digestion. Coconut oil is extremely easy to digest.

These will be my staples. Not typical perhaps, but they work for me. Don't expect me to add any whey protein any time soon.

I will have 2 Zymactive Proteolytic Enzyme tablets before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For breakfast, I will have bacon and eggs, both cooked with coconut oil, along with a bagel with melted swiss cheese and cream cheese.

For lunch I will have a 1/2 pound burger.

For dinner I will cook fish and eat it with rice and flaxseed oil.

In addition, I will frequent my favorite micro-restaurant here in NYC for Takoyaki (octopus balls) and pasta with squid and shrimp ever day.

In addition I will have two bottles of Twinlab's Ultra Fuel per day, and have 20g of amino acids with each bottle. That's 960 calories right there! I will have one before training and one immediately after.

Hmmm I'm still shy about a thousand calories, and I've already got 3 meals and a snack. So I will munch on: yogurt cranberries ed, as well as 2 or 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I eat like a kid.

Next: Training ... Fatigue is my biggest enemy here. I will keep this at bay by sleeping 8-10 hours per night. I will train 5 days per week, resting Wednesday and Sunday. Monday I will work chest and biceps. Tuesday I will squat, deadlift, and work my abs. Wednesday I will be very tired, but happy. Thursday I will work delts, arms, and traps. Friday I will do leg isolation exercises, plus forearms, neck, obliques. Saturday I will work whatever isn't sore. Sunday I will rest and watch Sleeper Cell.

Workouts will have 6-18 sets. If a workout has just 6 sets, you can rest assured that they will be compound movement sets with free weights, and that they will kick my a $ $. If this cycle gets me feeling as I did in high school (apart from the fact that I was weak back then), I might just kick it up to 18 sets.

How is this sounding?

washingtonirvin

Awards
oops ... I will also work my back on Thursday...

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
So here it is, the simplest bulking cycle with a bridge that I could design:
Weeks 1-6: 400mg Testosterone Enanthate
Weeks 7-8: 30mg anavar daily

HPTA protective measures:
Weeks 3-7: 1000iu HCG twice per week
Weeks 9-10: 70mg toremifene daily
No offense but you have ALOT of reading to do if you think that is a good cycle idea. You might want to look up what a half life is and the half life of test-e, for starters. 2 weeks of var @30mg will lead to little if anything.

1000iu hcg 2x per week? Thats alot of hcg. maybe 250iu 2x week? Also, start a little higher with the tor, work your way down and extend it to 4 weeks if your worried about suppresion like you claim.

I just think you have alot of research to do before you cycle. Thats my honest opinion.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established

I can see how this makes sense, but in order to draw these conclusions do they have a side by side with another control group that did use hcg? I'm not saying its wrong at all, I'll admit I tend to recover a little faster from shorter cycles than longer ones if everything else is equal. Just to me the difference isn't that significant, maybe an extra week or two, but this can be minimized with an excellent pct protocol.

This leads to my other question. When we use SERMS to drastically raise LH, I would bet that the level of testosterone is brought back much faster due to supraphysiological of LH that is forced. Is there any studies in Anabolics 2006 that put men side by side with a SERM and with nothing? My only point is I don't get how one can draw such a conclusion with so many variables acting on the situation and nothing to compare it to draw the conclusion.

washingtonirvin

Awards
Testosterone Enanthate has a half-life of 10.5 days. A half-life is the time required for the activity of a substance taken into the body to lose one half its initial effectiveness.

I will receive my Phd. from a leading research university this spring, and I have a publication in a peer-reviewed journal.

How about you, aspire210?

Why did you bring up the half-life issue?

As for the var, I plan on using it only to harden up the gains I have made, nothing more. I would have initiated pct during weeks 7-8, but there is that thing ... what's it called? Oh yeah, the halflife of test e.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Testosterone Enanthate has a half-life of 10.5 days. A half-life is the time required for the activity of a substance taken into the body to lose one half its initial effectiveness.

I will receive my Phd. from a leading research university this spring, and I have a publication in a peer-reviewed journal.

As for the var, I plan on using it only to harden up the gains I have made, nothing more. I would have initiated post cycle therapy during weeks 7-8, but there is that thing ... what's it called? Oh yeah, the halflife of test e.
Well my e-degree is in biological sciences and cloning with a minor in steroidology from havard. I honestly don't give a **** what you say you are doing with your life. You are using a long acting compound for a short cycle.

I brought up half life due to the amount of time it takes for a longer acting injectible to each optimal serum levels. I got an idea, sit your ass down and map out the daily serum levels of testosterone, or you can customize the excell sheet I posted on here a few weeks ago. The general "kick in" time for test-e, where the gains start to actually show is around 4-6 weeks and they grow from there. You are quitting just as its getting good. Now do you understand why your cycle is just moronic?

Also, good luck "hardening your gains" on var. Var tends to kill appetite in a lot of people, you obviously already have trouble eating enough food, do you think takening a steroid that tends to decrease appettie will help you hang on to the minimal gains you have made from a horribly designed cycle?

Use a short ester for a short cycle, ie prop. Long ester for long cycles, ie cyp, enthane, etc.

Oh and on a final note, i was almost as heavy as you, with about the same amount of body fat before my first cycle. However, you've got half a foot of height on me. Why don't you learn how to really eat and train before you jump into steroids?

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I can see how this makes sense, but in order to draw these conclusions do they have a side by side with another control group that did use hcg? I'm not saying its wrong at all, I'll admit I tend to recover a little faster from shorter cycles than longer ones if everything else is equal. Just to me the difference isn't that significant, maybe an extra week or two, but this can be minimized with an excellent post cycle therapy protocol.

This leads to my other question. When we use SERMS to drastically raise LH, I would bet that the level of testosterone is brought back much faster due to supraphysiological of LH that is forced. Is there any studies in Anabolics 2006 that put men side by side with a SERM and with nothing? My only point is I don't get how one can draw such a conclusion with so many variables acting on the situation and nothing to compare it to draw the conclusion.
Those are valid points. Although I haven't read the original study, Anabolics 2006 gives the impression that there was not a control group. And I don't believe any P.C.T. was used, either. (I'm guessing there was none.) So it really doesn't speak directly to HCG use, as that part was my interpretation. But IMO, the important point is that focusing solely on LH when discussing suppression and recovery is a mistake. LH is certainly a factor, but there are other factors at play, and in all likelihood testicular atrophy is the most important (or "recovery-limiting") of these when discussing longer cycles. Even after this 21-week cycle with no P.C.T., LH recovered in just a few weeks, but it took much longer for natty test production to recover.

The study citied is:
Effect of long-term testosterone oenanthate administration on male reproductive function: Clinical evaluation, serum FSH, LH, Testosterone and seminal fluid analysis in normal men. J. Mauss, G. Borsch et al. Acta Endrocrinol 78 (1975) 373-84.

I'll see if I can get my scanner working and post a picture of the graphs provided...

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established

As for the var, I plan on using it only to harden up the gains I have made, nothing more. I would have initiated post cycle therapy during weeks 7-8, but there is that thing ... what's it called? Oh yeah, the halflife of test e.
Congratulations on your impending PhD.

The very fact that you are comtemplating using Test Enanthate for 6 weeks discounts your understanding of using a hormone with an Enanthate ester for your proposed goal.

No matter your understanding of endocrinology, or pharmacokinetics, you haven't ran the compound before. I, as well as my peers have only started to enjoy the effects of Test Enanthate, or any other long ester for that matter around week 5-6.... Granted the effects of the hormone are there the very day you inject, but it takes considerable amount of time to really notice the effect once you start dealing with the longer esters.

Extend the cycle OVER 10 weeks if you are using Enan, overlap the Var at the end, for 4-6 weeks if you are bent on using these compounds.

Just my opinon. Good luck.

aspire210

aspire210

Awards
  • Established
Here's a scan of the page with the graphs.
I believed you. I just had the questions from the conclusion, it just seems like a little jump in logic was done. Not saying I'm right, its just I wouldn't mind seeing more evidance to pin down the cause is all. I've never tried hcg but I have heard alot of anecdoctal reports that it helps alot. Sadly, somtimes all we have is anecdotal reports in this area. I've never had a problem recovering, atleast in feeling and keeping gains without hcg but I also don't have any blood work to prove that I was completely recovered either. It is interesting to know that normal LH doesn't necessarily mean that test levels will be normal. Wonder if this is due to total testosterone levels being low, but free test levels being in the normal range? With the testosterone being unbound the body may not feel it needs to make more since there is probably adequate estrogen levels. Just a theory, thinking out loud.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I believed you.
I know. It just helps everybody understand if they can see the graphs.

Not saying I'm right, its just I wouldn't mind seeing more evidance to pin down the cause is all.
I agree completely. I'd love to see more research on this. IMO, testicular atrophy is by far the most likely cause of the delayed recovery of natural test. But this study certainly doesn't prove that, but only suggests it.

washingtonirvin

Awards
Aspire, it sounds like you have an axe to grind. Others might appreciate your help more than I do.

Yes, I am aware that I have proposed a long ester for a short cycle. But I don't want long-term HPTA problems from this cycle. If anything, perhaps I should add a short ester at the beginning of the cycle to kickstart my gains.

Suggestions?

washingtonirvin

Awards
Let's suppose that the goal is to put on 10 pounds of mass that can be retained over the course of a 6-week cycle.

Let's also suppose that test will be the only bulking agent used. What would you guys recommend?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I have an article pending publication in a Sociological Journal, join the club buddy. However, and what it seems you fail to realize, is that degress and peer reviewed Journals do not prevent you from seeming as if you have no idea what you are talking about.

The half life of an ester and its active life are two different different matters. Whilst Test E's half-life is 10.5 days its active life (the time in which it takes to reach stable, and optimum blood levels) is much longer.

Seeing as you have a PhD your powers of logic, reason, and deduction should be second to none. Use those powers to truly think about what you propose before you bring your intellectual condescendence down on a member who was attempting to help you.

Jared

Awards
Let's suppose that the goal is to put on 10 pounds of mass that can be retained over the course of a 6-week cycle.

Let's also suppose that test will be the only bulking agent used. What would you guys recommend?
Why not use a different ester of testosterone? The propionate ester would work well.

washingtonirvin

Awards
Thanks Jared... I agree with you in principle. Looking into it, I am not sure I want to get into a propionate cycle. Those who have recounted their experiences with propionate cycles often describe discomfort surrounding the injection site that becomes quite debilitating. I'm not needle-shy, but I don't want to hobble around for 6 weeks.

In contrast, I am reading very positive things about Andropen, a 5 test blend from British Dragon. It can be used eod or every third day. I think this might just be my ticket for a 6-week cycle.

I would use it on days 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34, 37, 40. That's 14 doses in 6 weeks. I like the idea of sticking with 400mg/week. That makes for 2400 mg. 2400/14=171.4. Call it 175.

So now we're looking at a cycle of:
Weeks 1-6: 175mg Andropen every third day
Weeks 7-8: 30mg anavar every day (should I add another week here to account for the long half-life of the decanoate ester?)

then post cycle therapy

How does this sound?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established

Transdermal Test.
Days 1-20 TD Test 200mg/day
Days 10-40 Anavar 40mg/day

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Jared... I agree with you in principle. Looking into it, I am not sure I want to get into a propionate cycle. Those who have recounted their experiences with propionate cycles often describe discomfort surrounding the injection site that becomes quite debilitating. I'm not needle-shy, but I don't want to hobble around for 6 weeks.

In contrast, I am reading very positive things about Andropen, a 5 test blend from British Dragon. It can be used eod or every third day. I think this might just be my ticket for a 6-week cycle.

I would use it on days 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34, 37, 40. That's 14 doses in 6 weeks. I like the idea of sticking with 400mg/week. That makes for 2400 mg. 2400/14=171.4. Call it 175.

So now we're looking at a cycle of:
Weeks 1-6: 175mg Andropen every third day
Weeks 7-8: 30mg anavar every day (should I add another week here to account for the long half-life of the decanoate ester?)

then post cycle therapy

How does this sound?
I hate to beat a dead horse but it truly does not seem like you are getting the issue. EOD, or E3D is often common for Ester blends, however, they are simply still not a proper choice for shorter cycles because of the extremely long esters they contain.

Short cycle=short esters/no esters (Suspension)

Stupes

I hate to beat a dead horse but it truly does not seem like you are getting the issue. EOD, or E3D is often common for Ester blends, however, they are simply still not a proper choice for shorter cycles because of the extremely long esters they contain.

Short cycle=short esters/no esters (Suspension)
Yeah - Mullet and I maybe disagree a bit on the EQ for a first time cycle - but anything with long esters have to be run at LEAST 8 weeks or it's usless - anything shorter than that and just when it's up and running in your system you start cutting it back. And long steady cycles generally produce retainable gains - as long as HCG and proper PCT is incorperated.

washingtonirvin

Awards
I appreciate everyone's help. There is no way in he|| I am going on suspension; I want to keep my gains. Propionate is out too for practical reasons (a tendency to debilitate its users), though an ester of its length would be ideal. And you have convinced me that enanthate is too long for a 6 week cycle.

So I want something longer-acting than suspension and shorter-acting than enanthate, and propionate is out.

Where does that leave me? Actually it leaves me thinking that (dare I say it?) Sustanon or another blend would not be such an awful choice for this cycle.

This is my first cycle, and I simply don't want it to last for 12 weeks. I don't want it to last for 10 weeks either. If I do a 6 week cycle there will be gear in my system for at least 8 weeks. That is pushing my comfort zone; but I will rely on hcg to prevent testicular atrophy. If I make it halfway to my goal and feel great post-cycle, maybe I will do a longer cycle next time. Or maybe not. Whatever I choose will be dictated by my desire to get more jacked and be healthy, not a desire to let any particular ergogenic aid reach its theoretically maximum anabolic level.

Is that clear? I'll be happy to explain my goals more fully to anyone who asks.

It just seems that some of you are prioritizing the efficacy of the gear over my desire to do a short cycle and keep my gains. In my opinion that is putting the cart before the horse. Would you tell a recreational smoker to chain smoke an entire pack of cigarettes in order to maximize the concentration of nicotine in his or her body?

Some of you hate Sustanon so much. I think it is preposterous to love exogenous testosterone but hate Sustanon. Please respect that other people's goals may differ from yours. And for a first time user keeping the cycle short seems like a reasonable goal to me. Of the half-lives of particular test preparations we can be certain. Of their affects on my body we cannot. It is this latter category that I am planning my cycle around.

Maybe I do things differently from other people on this board, prioritizing my health and my goals over the theoretically maximum anabolic cycle. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you do understand my goals but think they're stupid, please post elsewhere. If you don't understand my goals please ask and I will happily explain.

My IQ is a perfect square. That's right, baby: 64.

If one of you smart science nerds wants to be REALLY helpful, how about cooking up a test preparation with a half-life of 4.5 days that does not lead to debilitation?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds to me like you need to do a transdermal cycle.

Jared

Awards
I think transdermal is your only option. That or maybe you shouldn't be cycling at all. If you are willing to go this far, why not deal with a little bit of prop pain? It's not like you will be bed ridden for 6 weeks due to injection pain. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Sounds to me like you need to do a transdermal cycle.
That's exactly what methinks. I mentioned it earlier but it seems to have been overlooked. I actually think that the layout I suggested would be quite ideal for his purpose.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Only thing I would do different is run the Test for the full 40.
That's an excellent idea also. TD's are always overlooked by them there needle snobs :)

washingtonirvin

Awards
I am unfamiliar with transdermal gear. My source has base powder. Presumably this could be turned into a transdermal using DMSO.

In my 28 years, I have been hospitalized once. I got meningitis as a result of using DMSO as an antioxidant and was hospitalized for three days. I was released from the hospital just in time to defend my dissertation proposal before three of my professors. With percocet in my system, the dissertation defense felt like a warm breeze ... ahhh.

Now, if anyone has a source for oxycodone it could be fun, but suffice it to say that my appetite for DMSO has been ... nullified.

If it works for you, god bless. Unless there is another way to rock transdermals (and I would probably be wary of that too), I will stick with injectible gear.

I might suck it up and do propionate. But once again this raises the issue of my goals versus the on-paper anabolic ideal. I am doing a cost-benefit analysis here, not compromising everything in the name of gains.

Let me present two possibilities:
1: I do a 6-week propionate cycle and gain 10 pounds of mass for keeps. Awesome. But I experience persistent discomfort as a result of the injections, which I grow to dread. I spend the entire cycle waiting for it to end so I can be comfortable again.

2: I do a 6-week cycle with a test blend that has some long esters that I don't want in it. I gain 7 pounds of mass for keeps. Awesome. In a sick way, I look forward to the injections even though they are somewhat painful. I am wistful at the end of the cycle because it was so awesome, but hey, I got 7 pounds of mass.

Which would you choose?

Some people on this board are mystified by the popularity of Sustanon, and think that the people who use it are foolish.

If there was a viable mid-length ester out there, I think it would really catch on. If any manufacturers actually read these boards please reread the previous sentence: massive untapped demand alert.

But I think I am beginning to understand the appeal of blends. They are not perfect (there seem to be a lot of perfectionists on this board!!), but they may be a good, even great option for shorter cycles.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DMSO is not an ingredient in OTC transdermal solution. Look around. There has been many years of OTC transdermal cycle logs throughout the board.

washingtonirvin

Awards
I will look into this. Thanks for your help and patience. You guys might just get me into transdermal gear. No needles.

There is no way I am going to sound informed on the subject of transdermals (not that I sound particularly informed on the subject of injectibles!) until I do some reading on the subject.

Could I convert liquid propionate into a transdermal, or would I have to make the preparation using a base powder?

If I just use t base powder, is this different from just running suspension? If so, how?

washingtonirvin

Awards
I will definitely read up on this carefully. If any of you wish to kickstart my knowledge gains by answering the questions in my last post, I would be eternally grateful...

Jared

Awards
Let me present two possibilities:
1: I do a 6-week propionate cycle and gain 10 pounds of mass for keeps. Awesome. But I experience persistent discomfort as a result of the injections, which I grow to dread. I spend the entire cycle waiting for it to end so I can be comfortable again.

2: I do a 6-week cycle with a test blend that has some long esters that I don't want in it. I gain 7 pounds of mass for keeps. Awesome. In a sick way, I look forward to the injections even though they are somewhat painful. I am wistful at the end of the cycle because it was so awesome, but hey, I got 7 pounds of mass.

Which would you choose?
I would probably go with #1. How do you know that you will not have an adverse reaction to the propionate and phenylpropionate esters in sustanon?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Could I convert liquid propionate into a transdermal, or would I have to make the preparation using a base powder?
Cheaper & easier to get Test Base powder.

If I just use t base powder, is this different from just running suspension? If so, how?
Test Base TD would be similar to running Test Suspension without pinning daily. TD's need to applied daily but are painfree. At your size I would go with ~200mg/day transdermally figuring 25-30% absorption in OTC transdermal medium.

washingtonirvin

Awards
I don't know that I won't have an adverse reaction to a blend, Jared. But I do know that blends, and in particular Sustanon, are wildly popular, and propionate only cycles exist mostly in the minds of steroid literati.

If you do a google search for "propionate cycle", you may see the reason why. Propionate logs read like horror stories.

OK, it's not like Requiem for a Dream where the guy's arm has to be amputated, but I have yet to see a log written by a happy propionate-only cycler. And I want to be happy.

My desire for happiness inclines me toward option 2.

washingtonirvin

Awards
Thanks for your replies, Jonny21.

You say that "Test Base TD would be similar to running Test Suspension without pinning daily."

I am reluctant to do a Test Base TD cycle because I want to keep my gains. Are the gains any easier to keep with TD t base than they are with injectible suspension?

How would the gains on this differ in their retainability from that of a blend?

Jared

Awards
Thanks for your replies, Jonny21.

You say that "Test Base TD would be similar to running Test Suspension without pinning daily."

I am reluctant to do a Test Base TD cycle because I want to keep my gains. Are the gains any easier to keep with TD t base than they are with injectible suspension?

How would the gains on this differ in their retainability from that of a blend?
The retention of gains is not ester related. Test is test. Do you believe that the base hormone will be less effective than an estered version?

Jared

Awards
Smoke and a pancake?Pipe and a crepe? Flap jack and a cigarette?...I guess there's no pleasing you, Mr. washingtonirvin.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mr. Washingtonirvin. Though you are very articulate in your communication skills and are likely a very intelligent individual, you really need to research steroids and their applications. You are expanding upon many theories and myths without the ability to differentiate from truth and fiction regarding them. Gains and retains are diet and training dependent. You want a short injection test cycle then inject prop. You want a short non injection test cycle then use TD test. They are both test base. You want to keep your gains then you need a solid post cycle therapy and and solid diet. It is not really rocket science here.