Conservative management of azoospermia following steroid abuse. Hey Beelze-Good News!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Only 3 Short Pages, with Graphs. Very Short.
http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/12/8/1706

PDF File

Abstract:
Conservative management of azoospermia following steroid abuse

MR Gazvani, W Buckett, MJ Luckas, IA Aird, LJ Hipkin and DI Lewis-Jones
Reproductive Medicine Unit, Liverpool Women's Hospital, UK.

As well as athletes and competitive body builders, recreational body builders attending gymnasia are known to abuse anabolic steroids, using doses from 10- to 40-fold above physiological levels. Androgenic steroids induce hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism with associated azoospermia, leading to infertility. Little literature exists on the treatment of steroid-induced azoospermia following the cessation of abuse. We present four cases of steroid-induced azoospermia, its conservative management and eventual return of normal semen density. 3 cases resulting in pregnancies within less than 2 years.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Azoospermia..azooschmermia, I got my wife preggers right after my last cycle.

Thanks AM, Dr D and Toremifene!

:study:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
sweet!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Azoospermia..azooschmermia, I got my wife preggers right after my last cycle.

Thanks AM, Dr D and Toremifene!

:study:
Doesn't surprise me...After a bit of experimentation and a little bit of empirical evidence being extrapolated in a very unscientific manner, I'm convinced almost all of the "scary" things we hear are blown out of proportion. :D

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Doesn't surprise me...After a bit of experimentation and a little bit of empirical evidence being extrapolated in a very unscientific manner, I'm convinced almost all of the "scary" things we hear are blown out of proportion. :D
i dunno 'that kid' 'died' 'from' 'steroids'...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
At least that article admits that they don't know what happens after cessation of "abuse". That will be glossed over by the powers that be, of course.

I always like to keep in mind that studies like these are using people that abused AAS for looooong periods of time, doubtless with little knowledge of proper cycling and PCT. If alcohol use and abuse were presented in the same manner..it'd be banned in no time.