Is this a conservative/safe/natural cycle?

xstalkrx

Awards
My friend who has been into anabolics for a while recommended the following cycle for me. I have never taken any steroids. PH, or anything before. I told him that I want a subtle and safe cycle. He recommended a cycle of TEST and Anti-Estrogen.

He recommended 400mg a week of Denkal Test and then letrozole for anti-estrogen. He said the Denkal would be 400mg per CC in a 10 CC bottle which would last me 10 weeks.

Is this a subtle and safe cycle? I do not want to do something that is over the top and I do not want to harm my body. Safety is a top concern.

I like doing Rippetoes Starting Strength routine and have gotten the best results naturally from doing that routine. No supplement use. I am hoping I can do this recommended cycle and continue doing this routine and hope for increased results.

Any insights or advice are appreciated. I'm 6'1 and 175 lbs. Dont want to overdose either.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
That is a safe and conservative cycle, only use the letro if you get massive bloat or gyno. What did he sugest for PCT?

ManBeast

xstalkrx

Awards
He has not recommended anything yet. What would you recommend?

Does TEST atrophy testicles as well?

Bryanz47

Awards
Referring to your statement of "No supplements"
Are you using staples
Protein fish oil multi creatine etc etc...

xstalkrx

Awards
Referring to your statement of "No supplements"
Are you using staples
Protein fish oil multi creatine etc etc...
I am taking absolutely nothing.

I've also just been reading about taking finasteride to prevent DHT production and to prevent baldness. What else do I need to be taking? Again, safety and reduction of side effects is a top priority.

Bryanz47

Awards
Then some staple supplements and a solid diet program will shoot up naturally in a couple of months.

Oh and of course training dedication too.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Anything that shuts down your natural production of testosterone will atrophy your testicles. A proper pct would include a SERM and a form of natty test booster, and possibly a mild AI (like Erase by PES). You shouldn't have to worry about DHT sides on a test only cycle. I'd have Arimidex and nolva on hand just in case you are prone to gyno or get horribly bloated for some reason.

This thread might help you decide better if you are truly ready for a cycle:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html#post3177184

ManBeast

xstalkrx

Awards
Anything that shuts down your natural production of testosterone will atrophy your testicles. A proper pct would include a SERM and a form of natty test booster, and possibly a mild AI (like Erase by PES). You shouldn't have to worry about DHT sides on a test only cycle. I'd have Arimidex and nolva on hand just in case you are prone to gyno or get horribly bloated for some reason.

ManBeast
Ok. Friend has recommended clomid as a natural test booster for PCT and Letro during the cycle for gyno prevention. Sound good?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Clomid will be your SERM on pct, DAA would make a better test booster by far, and Erase would be the AI of my choice during PCT (letro during the cycle if needed).

ManBeast

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
My friend who has been into anabolics for a while recommended the following cycle for me. I have never taken any steroids. PH, or anything before. I told him that I want a subtle and safe cycle. He recommended a cycle of TEST and Anti-Estrogen.

He recommended 400mg a week of Denkal Test and then letrozole for anti-estrogen. He said the Denkal would be 400mg per CC in a 10 CC bottle which would last me 10 weeks.

Is this a subtle and safe cycle? I do not want to do something that is over the top and I do not want to harm my body. Safety is a top concern.

I like doing Rippetoes Starting Strength routine and have gotten the best results naturally from doing that routine. No supplement use. I am hoping I can do this recommended cycle and continue doing this routine and hope for increased results.

Any insights or advice are appreciated. I'm 6'1 and 175 lbs. Dont want to overdose either.
You don't need the finasteride unless you are already balding. Steroids will not cause baldness. They will only speed up the balding process for those who are going to go bald anyway. Don't take finasteride, which has a whole host of side effects, unless you are already going bald. Just fyi.

This cycle does match your desire for a subtle cycle, but your PCT must also be solid. For long term health and safety benefits, a proper PCT with a SERM is more essential than minimizing the harshness of your steroid in my opinion. Harsh side effects from the steroid are temporary while on cycle, but a bad PCT can take months to recover from. Anyway, I'm just saying first and foremost ensure you have a proper PCT and your cycle will be safe.

You've been doing Rippetoes' SS? You from reddit or something?

Also, you can include standard supplements to increase your gains including simple additions such as fish oil and creatine. More importantly your diet needs to be in check with a large volume of calories (4000+) to enhance hypertrophy. I prefer a protein/carb/fat ratio around 40%/40%/20%. I'd make sure these factors were in check before starting a cycle.

xstalkrx

Awards
Clomid will be your SERM on pct, DAA would make a better test booster by far, and Erase would be the AI of my choice during PCT (letro during the cycle if needed).

ManBeast
Why not just use the erase during cycle and PCT? Why would you not want to use erase during the cycle?

xstalkrx

Awards
You don't need the finasteride unless you are already balding. Steroids will not cause baldness. They will only speed up the balding process for those who are going to go bald anyway. Don't take finasteride, which has a whole host of side effects, unless you are already going bald. Just fyi.

This cycle does match your desire for a subtle cycle, but your PCT must also be solid. For long term health and safety benefits, a proper PCT with a SERM is more essential than minimizing the harshness of your steroid in my opinion. Harsh side effects from the steroid are temporary while on cycle, but a bad PCT can take months to recover from. Anyway, I'm just saying first and foremost ensure you have a proper PCT and your cycle will be safe.

You've been doing Rippetoes' SS? You from reddit or something?

Also, you can include standard supplements to increase your gains including simple additions such as fish oil and creatine. More importantly your diet needs to be in check with a large volume of calories (4000+) to enhance hypertrophy. I prefer a protein/carb/fat ratio around 40%/40%/20%. I'd make sure these factors were in check before starting a cycle.
What would be considered safe and subtle then?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Any AI during cycle has the potential to hurt gains. Erase is not strong enough to combat gyno if it happens (letro is), but could control mild bloat (which letro can do as well). It is useful in PCT to help minimize and control the estrogen rebound.

ManBeast

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
What would be considered safe and subtle then?
Your proposed cycle would qualify as subtle. For first cycles it's helpful to pick one with minimal sides. A testosterone only cycle would also be effective for this. I had good gains and minimal sides with a compound called Ultradrol.

I'm sure others can suggest a variety of compounds that are easy on the first time user. I haven't tried them all personally, so I can't comment on minimal sides. But what is essential is having a proper PCT with a SERM such as Clomid or Nolva.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Seems fairly straight forward for a start. Just make sure you have a complete pct and know what your getting into / doing.

xstalkrx

Awards
Seems fairly straight forward for a start. Just make sure you have a complete pct and know what your getting into / doing.
When you say "what you are getting into/doing" can you elaborate? What are some pit falls that I should avoid? What are some dangers or simple/major side effects that I might not be aware of?

I read Man Beasts link and I believe I'm ready. I've been lifting for many years.

Thank you everyone for your help.