Gains lost in air guard basic training

nickhp123

Awards
I was planning on running a 3 week superdrol cycle in june, but I am worried about losing my gains. I will be leaving for basic training in the air national guard, which lasts around 8 weeks, in september. I know the air guard has one of the least intensive bt programs, but I won't be able to train or eat properly for an extended period of time. Do you think I will loose my gains if I run this cycle so close to leaving?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, and no, but probably yes. I say that because the vast majority of individuals who run a ph/aas/ps cycle and then put themselves in a caloric and training deficiet immediately after lose what they have gained. But, there are a select group of individuals who can seemingly do whatever they please and still keep what they have gained. So, unless you are part of that small group, I wouldn't suggest it.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
well since I have been in I havent been a big fan of military chow, but in the past couple years they have taken steps to improve what they serve. Healthier choices are available. And your DI's will try to emphasize this. And plus you may or may not be subjected to MRE's which are about 2000+ calories in one meal.

Im sure the Air Guard will afford you enough time to pick and chose what you eat. The menu's are published prior to you stepping up to the server, so you can somewhat plan ahead. Trust me, they may push you to a limit but they'll feed it right back into you. I went into Army Basic and I neither lost weight nor gained weight, I wasnt to concerned with BF% then so who knows.

But why waste SD for an 8 week cardio program

Just my thoughts.

nickhp123

Awards
well since I have been in I havent been a big fan of military chow, but in the past couple years they have taken steps to improve what they serve. Healthier choices are available. And your DI's will try to emphasize this. And plus you may or may not be subjected to MRE's which are about 2000+ calories in one meal.

Im sure the Air Guard will afford you enough time to pick and chose what you eat. The menu's are published prior to you stepping up to the server, so you can somewhat plan ahead. Trust me, they may push you to a limit but they'll feed it right back into you. I went into Army Basic and I neither lost weight nor gained weight, I wasnt to concerned with BF% then so who knows.

But why waste superdrol for an 8 week cardio program

Just my thoughts.
I would be using the superdrol for bulking. I will be bulking until August.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
I can only speak about army so I dont wanna steer you wrong, but for army they require new recruits to do a fitness test which includes running, push ups sit ups yada yada yada, and if there was anything you didnt pass, they put u in fat camp... cant remember if they pushed the height/weight standard then since they are under the impression you will lose it all during your 8 weeks. But its just something to think about if you want to be carrying all that extra weight, unless your just athletic like that, and can handle it. But i seen alot of people in my Basic get sent to fat camp for various reasons.. jus something to think about

nickhp123

Awards
I'm an extreme ecto, so I'm not worried about the fat I will be putting on, as it will be minimal. I already do light cardio 3-4 times a week, and 1 month before I leave for basic I plan on upping it. when you were in ait did they give you a chance to lift weights. I know I probly won't be able to lift during basic, but I was planning on getting back in to lifting during technical school. My recruiters told me I would be able too, but they have lied before, so I'm not sure.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you dont want to do pct in basic. lots of stress will slow the recovery. you will get very little sleep also. the food 8 yrs ago was horrible. I was an ecto. I ate as much as I could and was hungry the whole time. I lost muscle and gained fat. none of my jeans would fit me after ward and I only gained a few lbs overall. I did an army basic. I would suggest an nha stack and for the week prior LX to get rid of some cortisol. there will be plenty of cortisol coming back. this might help get you through the first couple of weeks. you have very little time to lift weights. I spent the extra time sleeping. save the sd for when you get back.

nickhp123

Awards
I would be done with post cycle therapy about 2 months before I left for basic. Cortisol is something I have been worried about though, probly going to experience a lot more stress than I'm use too.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
not worth it IMO. save it for later use. i just don't see how you could possibly benefit from taking SD now when you know this is right around the corner.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you have to question it, you already know your answer. (In this case.)

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
I'm an extreme ecto, so I'm not worried about the fat I will be putting on, as it will be minimal. I already do light cardio 3-4 times a week, and 1 month before I leave for basic I plan on upping it. when you were in ait did they give you a chance to lift weights. I know I probly won't be able to lift during basic, but I was planning on getting back in to lifting during technical school. My recruiters told me I would be able too, but they have lied before, so I'm not sure.

We lifted weights frequently in AIT, the gym was across the street and we were let go after dinner chow. If your picky about your supps, buy em before you leave for boot, then have your mom send em to ya when u get to AIT. My Drills saw my creatine and never questioned it. Even during room inspections. Bodybuilding is pretty much ingrained in the military life no matter branch or job, so you should have no troubles, and if drill sarge is into it you may make a friend but dont hope for it.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand here...

SD cycle say June 7-28 (3 weeks)
PCT June 29-July 27 (4 weeks)
OFF FOR SIX WEEKS July 28 -- Sept 7

So there'd be 10 weeks of recovery from the end of his SD cycle until he left for basic.

I don't see a problem running that SD cycle... you should be recovered by then...

Anyone else?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
yeah, he'll be recovered but i just don't see a point in it. he'll most likely lose it all in bootcamp regardless so i say just wait until he's out of it, then worry about packing on some lbs. at this point, it's just a waste.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
I think the problem is that the cycle will be a big waste of time and money because basic training will shed off that new weight quickly.

I say wait till after basic training and enjoy your new size.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I think the problem is that the cycle will be a big waste of time and money because basic training will shed off that new weight quickly.

quickryde, for once, we agree ;)

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, we disagree once last year and now we sworn enemies.

LET IT GO BIG GUY. :icon_lol:

p.s What's up with all those tats? Are you a biker dude????

quickryde, for once, we agree ;)

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
ah yes, now THAT makes sense. why my simple little brain didn't think about that, i don't know. i was simply look at it with a "time" perspective.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
and can you guys just get a room?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established

lol, something like that.

nickhp123

Awards
Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll wait till after basic to run the cycle. It really wouldn't be worth it if I only kept the gains for a couple of months.

nickhp123

Awards
I didn't neg reg anyone. I gave wrkn4muscles a positive rep to help him out with his existing negative reputation. The web site must of f***** up or something, sorry bro

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
I didn't neg reg anyone. I gave wrkn4muscles a positive rep to help him out with his existing negative reputation. The web site must of f***** up or something, sorry bro

:wave: is all good.. no worries good luck with boot