Effectiveness of combining aromatase inhibators and SERMs?

Tha Don

Awards
currently a week into a test/primo/dbol cycle and i'm experiencing some irritation from my left nipple, i'm running arimidex at 0.5mg EOD and i'd like to add in either raloxifen or nolva at 20/60mg to take care of this irritation, however i've heard that combining SERMs and AIs can often lead to a drop in effectiveness of one or the other, does anyone have any futher knowledge on this? does what i've proposed sound okay?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Anecdotally, it seems to work well for me and have had no diminished gains or lessening of SERM/AI effectiveness. I've used a combo of low dose Nolva and Letro many times to combat pre-gyno symptoms and it has worked well. ATD and a serm is another option, but many disagree with this strategy...it has also worked well for me and has even made lumps disappear.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
currently a week into a test/primo/dbol cycle and i'm experiencing some irritation from my left nipple, i'm running arimidex at 0.5mg EOD and i'd like to add in either raloxifen or nolva at 20/60mg to take care of this irritation, however i've heard that combining SERMs and AIs can often lead to a drop in effectiveness of one or the other, does anyone have any futher knowledge on this? does what i've proposed sound okay?
How bad is the irratation? Is it painful or no? If its just itchy, it might not be as big of a problem as you may think. Its not always bad to have a little estro hangin around. :D

Tha Don

Awards
Anecdotally, it seems to work well for me and have had no diminished gains or lessening of SERM/AI effectiveness. I've used a combo of low dose Nolva and Letro many times to combat pre-gyno symptoms and it has worked well. ATD and a serm is another option, but many disagree with this strategy...it has also worked well for me and has even made lumps disappear.
thanks for your reply

Tha Don

Awards
How bad is the irratation? Is it painful or no? If its just itchy, it might not be as big of a problem as you may think. Its not always bad to have a little estro hangin around. :D
its not really itchy, more like a nuisance, like a little tight feeling behind the nipple, i certainly don't want to take any chances with it, its been bugging me since yesterday and today too so i definately need to take action sooner rather than later

FYI i agree on the estro bit, this is why i am looking to add in the SERM (to keep estrogen in my system but block the binding to receptor sites) as opposed to upping the adex dose

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
its not really itchy, more like a nuisance, like a little tight feeling behind the nipple, i certainly don't want to take any chances with it, its been bugging me since yesterday and today too so i definately need to take action sooner rather than later

FYI i agree on the estro bit, this is why i am looking to add in the SERM (to keep estrogen in my system but block the binding to receptor sites) as opposed to upping the adex dose
Gotcha. Yeah, if its something thats bothersome and got you worried, then take care of it before it gets worse. Yeah, you should be fine by adding the SERM. Good luck bro, and hopefully it will subside in a couple of days. :D

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Letrozole and novladex do have an interaction in that both reduce the levels of the other by arournd 40%. That is the only one I know of.

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
i would stay off the nolva and bump the arimidex up. if you can get your hands on some letro switch over to that its alot stronger. i know alot of people who developed gyno on a cycle using only arimidex, arimidex is approximately 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase, Femara (letro) is around 95-97% and no need for a serm while on, (beside some estrogen is good) plus save it for pct youll need it being letro does have a pretty harsh rebound effect with estrogen.

NickyNoNames

NickyNoNames

Awards
Letrozole and novladex do have an interaction in that both reduce the levels of the other by arournd 40%. That is the only one I know of.
and Skye is correct they do have a negative interaction with eacother

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and Skye is correct they do have a negative interaction with eacother
Not to be an ass, to either of you..But in my above post I posted a link to another thread with about 4 studies showing that they had absolutely no reaction with eachother..I did however discover one study, and only one study that claimed they had a reaction, which was listed as 37%..However, that study was not on pubmed, and the other 4 or so I looked up were, so take it as you will...I even bolded the parts you need to know, the second study listed, cites Letro and Novla specifically, and shows no pharmacokinetic reaction between the two.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Not to be an ass, to either of you..But in my above post I posted a link to another thread with about 4 studies showing that they had absolutely no reaction with eachother..I did however discover one study, and only one study that claimed they had a reaction, which was listed as 37%..However, that study was not on pubmed, and the other 4 or so I looked up were, so take it as you will...I even bolded the parts you need to know, the second study listed, cites Letro and Novla specifically, and shows no pharmacokinetic reaction between the two.
Ok, I will look that up, last I heard they reduced the blood levels of each others. I think (don't hold me to this) that it was out of the AMCS. But to be honest I haven't looked at most of that in a couple of years. I may need to read up and get current

samv12

Awards
am sorry if this sounds dumb but i think the whole " some estrogen is good " concept implies that one actually uses a SERM on cycle as they leave the estrogen circulating while preventing them from binding to the receptors, AIs on the other hand reduce aromatization and hence u have less estrogen. IMO just stick with 10-20 mg of nolva ED so as to have the benefits of estrogen while not having to deal with nipple issues.
peace