Formasin

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. How was that 3-alpha on your hairline shadowjack?

2. 3Alpha was a wonderful supp but it was hard on my prostate. My hair line was not affected.
    •   

3. How can you tell when you're having prostate problems from an androgen, ww7? Is it painful urination, etc? Did you take Saw Palmetto while on the 3alpha?

BigVrunga

4. Originally posted by chosen5

Curious again, what doses did you run of the topical 3-alpha, what did you stack it with, and what were the results?
    I had a post on this on another board. After reading the following post, if you have any other questions, I will be happy to try to answer them.

I am currently running a 1-test/3-Alpha topical, that may be of some interest. Systematic, of course. I wish I was smart enough to figure out a localized carrier. 6g of 1-test and 6g of 3-Alpha, applied over a total of 30 days. 200mg of each per day. I've been running it for 3 weeks so far, and I have 1 week left.

Strength gains have been good, though they have slowed in the last week. I was lifting at maximal loads when I started, however, so I guess I shouldn't expect dramatic increases. It's also been about 3 months straight of 6-day per week lifting, without a week off, so I'm a little burned out, as well. After I get through the final week of this cycle, and 3-4 weeks for post-cycle recovery, I will be taking a week off from lifting, and start something new. I'll be using a 6-OXO topical for post-cycle, with no other anti-e, so it should prove to be a good test of how well 6-OXO works when applied topically. I have used it post-cycle orally in the past, so I have something to compare it to. I'll also be running a 7-Keto DHEA topical, to go along with the 6-OXO.

Getting back to the 3-Alpha topical, I have never used it orally before, so it is difficult for me to compare. Vascularity and muscle hardness are very good, even though I am on bulking level calories (~5000/day on average). I have gained 10 pounds in the past 3 weeks, and I would say that none of it is water weight. Some of it is fat, of course, although I would say it is limited, as my pants are still fitting very well.

As far as side effects. Acne is worse than using 1-test alone, or 1-test with 4-AD. Actually, it is the worst acne I have experienced, although it is still not "bad" per se, or anything I would consider to be a major problem. Lethargy is about the same as using 1-test alone. Noticeable, and slightly problematic at times, but nowhere near the major lethargy I get when taking SU or UA.

The biggest problem that I have had is (workout) stamina. It has gotten worse the longer I have gone in this cycle. It has been very difficult having enough energy to get through a full workout. So, my workouts have taken longer, as I have needed more time in-between sets. Because of this, I have gone to split AM/PM workouts, doing about half each in the morning and at night. This has helped me continue at a high volume and high workout frequency. Recovery between workouts is very good. I'm ready to go again the next day, it's just that during the workout, my recovery in-between sets has not been good.

Also, joint pain is fairly bad. Worse than I have experienced when using 1-test alone. It hasn't kept me from working out, or forced me to reduce the weights, but near the end of workouts, and definitely right after, it is quite painful at times. The joint pain doesn't last; I'm fine the next day. It is only during and right after lifting. The only time I have experienced worse joint pain is when I was using Viratase on-cycle (with ONE and a 4-AD topical), to eliminate water bloating and itchy nips.

Blood pressure is definitely up. I haven't actually measured it, but I can tell, as it is normally quite low. Cardio workout stamina is an absolute joke right now. I am having great difficulty getting through HIIT workouts, even at lower duration and intensity than I normally go at. Also, back stiffness is quite bad. I normally get this on-cycle, but it has been worse this time (from the added 3-Alpha?). It's probably as bad at the 3-week point right now, as it has been in the past at the 7-week point on a 1-test/4-AD cycle. So, it has come on sooner than usual for me. The back stiffness is the biggest thing holding me back during HIIT workouts. I'm not really challenging my cardiovascular system to the extent I normally do, because the back pain sets in too quickly for me to reach the intensity that I am used to.

I think that addresses most of what I have noticed. In conclusion, I like the addition of 3-Alpha. I will be trying it again, but next time during a cutting cycle, as I am presently bulking. Am interested in seeing the results. I may also run 3-Alpha alone, next time, without the 1-test, to get a better feel for what the 3-Alpha can accomplish (by itself). Either way, I will definitely be running it topically, as I have no plans to run 3-Alpha orally.

Originally posted by chosen5

Would you consider buying raw 3-alpha powder from BAC?(beyond-a-century.com), a much cheaper alternative to filtering molecular 3-alpha
    BAC sells the 3-beta isomer of 5-AA in bulk powder. Mike (1fast400) has it as well.

Unfortunately, the only (current) source of the 3-alpha isomer of 5-AA is Molecular, as Bill L. holds a patent on it. Par has posted that he will be offering it soon in bulk powder form. I believe he will be sourcing it directly from Bill.

5. Originally posted by BigVrunga
    How was that 3-alpha on your hairline shadowjack?
    I have been very fortunate in that regard. I have run numerous 1-test cycles over the past year, and not had any adverse effect on the hairline. The 1-test/3-Alpha cycle also did not have a noticeable effect on my hairline.

This may not apply to everyone though. I'd advise caution if going the 3-Alpha route, especially if you have had any adverse reactions from either 1-test or 4-AD.

I wouldn't advocate the usage of 3-Alpha as a first PH cycle. Probably better for experienced users, who have a good feel for how PH's effect their system. Also, I wouldn't dose it topically for longer than 4 weeks, due to some of the sides that I mentioned in the post above.
    •   

6. Also, joint pain is fairly bad. Worse than I have experienced when using 1-test alone. It hasn't kept me from working out, or forced me to reduce the weights, but near the end of workouts, and definitely right after, it is quite painful at times. The joint pain doesn't last; I'm fine the next day. It is only during and right after lifting. The only time I have experienced worse joint pain is when I was using Viratase on-cycle (with ONE and a 4-AD topical), to eliminate water bloating and itchy nips.
    Using Formasin, I havent noticed any joint pain at all. (just as a comparison to the viratase...)

BigVrunga
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The battle of OTC Anti-Estrogens! 6OXO or Formasin??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
  2. Can Formasin be taken post cycle?
    By JWest0926 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2003, 11:35 AM
  3. Formasin vs Clomid during cycle
    By dannyboy5000 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-05-2003, 11:58 AM
  4. 6oxo vs aromazap vs formasin