Will NaOH strip the ester off Fina?

Viator

Awards
I know tren-acetate works just fine in a transdermal, but it would work even better if one were to strip off the ester. Could the same method for making test-base from synovex be used for fina too? (soaking crushed pellets in methanol to disolve the hormone, filtering, and adding to saturated NaOH).

If it would work, would the added absorption be worth the effort, as the acetate ester still passes through the skin pretty well.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
NaOH will work, but it isn't worth the hassle. Trenbolone acetate and trenbolone will both be absorbed at the same rate (according to Triceptor, the phlojel guy.)
I agree. I've seen lots of different acetates, propionates and even dipropionates in some cases that work transdermally. Bobo once told me he thinks tren base is still better absorbed that the acetate, I think based on some of Chemo's old studies. I doubt it is statistically signifigant.

Supersaturated NaOH will work best with a large abundance of absolute MeOH. It works but is somewhat tedious to perform IMO. Same can be said for it's use in an Oppenauer reaction, but it does bring about a fast equalibrium.