Stretch Marks

Pax

Pax

Awards
  • Established
Years of bodybuilding (supplementation also playing some part) have taken a toll on me and I now have very severe stretch marks in the front part of both of my armpits. My left side has a long 6"-8" deep reddish-purple line with a few smaller ones. My right side has almost a patch that is a bit more noticeable in a tank-top.

I know that stretch marks clear up some after time. I also know that there is really no way to "cure" them. I've done much research and know that Elastin and Collagen are responsible.

My question is, what have some of you used for severe stretch marks, and what results did you have?

RUS

Awards
there are some products to make it go away quicker, unfortunally i dont remember what it is.

I get alot of stretch marks on my triceps, last one was the biggest one *week ago, through out the whole upper arm, looking like a cell cage* and i dont have it anymore, however my first ever stretch martks on my triceps and biceps were about 3-4 inch *much smaller* but took a month to go away.

So it all depands on time.

p.s. i believe hot shower followed by cold shower helps tighten you skin *so they will go away quicker....try and see for your self*

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
these must be genetic, because I see a lot of huge guys who don't have any, but I seem to get them wherever I even look at a weight!

Strongman

Awards
I personally do not have any even after gaining 24lbs in 6 weeks on a cycle; however my wife who is very petite gained about 30lbs (she usually weighs ~100lbs) during her 2nd pregnancy and did aquire some stretch marks post pregnancy. She used cocoa butter and that worked ok, but the best thing she ever used is Mederma. It can be used for both scars and stretch marks. I have recommended this to many bodybuilders who have gotten them and it works extremely well.

Mederma can be purchased at Wal Mart or many other local places. It is a bit pricey, but honestly (my wife being one example) it does the job well.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
Here is some info>>>>>>>>

"While skin’s elastic nature is amazing in its ability to expand as we grow, unfortunately it has its limitations. Stretch marks (striae) are actually made up of scar tissue that result when the skin’s ability to expand is exceeded. This can occur from pregnancy, weight gain, bodybuilding / weightlifting, as well as from rapid growth spurts common during puberty. Some other known causes can be the result of using steroidal creams or ointments, such as hydrocortisone, if used on the skin for longer than a few weeks. High doses of corticosteroids taken orally for longer than a month may also contribute to the occurrence of stretch marks.

Stretch marks may vary in their appearance. When they first show up they may have a reddish or purplish coloration and appear slightly indented into the skin, with a noticeably different texture. In many cases, stretch marks may fade over time to a more silver-white color; however, their texture normally remains fairly consistent. Because scar tissue tends to have less melanin (pigment), tanning may make them become more visible as they may not darken with the surrounding skin."

I used cocoa butter and cocoa butter lotion during the cycles and during bulking season. If you ask any female, they will tell you to use cocoa butter because that what they use during pregnancy. I have a friend that is a bodybuilder and he rub his self down with cocoa butter lotion before he workout with weights.

Haggerty

Haggerty

Awards
cocoa butter with vitamin E works wonders :)

DobermanXXL

Awards
I agree

Also, try breaking up vitamin E caps and rubbing them on your marks.

Some women use cocoa butter daily on their stomachs during pregnancy to prevent marks.

They're easier to prevent than make go away.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
The cocoa butter helps prevent them from forming if you use constantly, also smooths them out a little Vit. E helps also. I hear the tret .1% cream helps get rid of them the best. As long as you are getting bigger though, keep the cocoa butter on the spots that are stretch mark sensitive. I got pretty bad stretch marks on my inner armpits/shoulder/bi's when i gained about 40lbs in less than a year. Was pretty much solid muscle when i just started lifting went from 150-190. Was crazy.

Khyron

Awards
I hear you guys, I have stretch marks on my chest, shoulders and biceps they all connect as one. The other day I notice my back was bigger, I'm like sweet but then I see stretch marks on my back, god damn it!

BIGAINS

Awards
In my experience nothing realy has done any good, coco butter, retin-a, whatever, I have just learned to accept it...they fade with time but are still visable. I have patches of them starting on my forearms going all the way up onto my chest on the front side. On the back side they start on my lower triceps and end on my lats. Also got s few on my ass and thighs.They were not prety when they were fresh, but they are more even with my skin tone at this point...If you are prone to get them lotions may help prevent them for some. Tanning can make them more noticable for old streach marks, but I found that it helps fade the fresh ones faster.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The only thing to have good results in fading them besides laser therapy is Tretinoin .1%, along with cocoa butter/alpha-hydroxy. I get them VERY easily. To keep them from happening, cocoa butter/vitamin E is best, 15 minutes before training, and after the shower. To fade them Tretinoin .1% twice a day.. VERY LIGHTLY, and the lotion combination, as often as possible, cause the tretinoin can cause dryness. Another stronger way, is getting Glycolic Acid. Treat the marks with that for upto 60 seconds, neutralize with baking soda. Then use the lotion.. an hour later use the tretioin. Only used the glycolic acid twice a week most.

**Glycolic Acid is a very strong alpha-hydroxy.

you can get Tretinoin at Innovative Research.

Adams

Danl4560

Awards
Am I the only one that feels his stretch marks are something to be worn with pride? They're like battle scars to me.

RUS

Awards
hell yeah i love those things

when you see tham you know for sure that grow quick

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
no way, im not going to lie, strech marks dont look good at all, on ANYONE. scars show that you've been through some pain and you might look "tough" becasue of the battle scar reason, but strech marks are just ugly.

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards
no way, im not going to lie, strech marks dont look good at all, on ANYONE. scars show that you've been through some pain and you might look "tough" becasue of the battle scar reason, but strech marks are just ugly.
100% agreed. I'm all about the ladies. Main reason i started working out. I workout and live a healthy lifestyle now because it feels great and i love being healthy. But im still in it for the ladies and i doubt they like stretch marks.

tops2heavy

tops2heavy

Awards
can anyone gimme a link to the innovative research site... thanks:think:

wiseguyx34x

Awards
use palmers's. its what pregnant women use so they dont get stretch marks, also helps make them go away.

Danl4560

Awards
100% agreed. I'm all about the ladies. Main reason i started working out. I workout and live a healthy lifestyle now because it feels great and i love being healthy. But im still in it for the ladies and i doubt they like stretch marks.
The main reason you started working out is to get laid? I don't see how someone can truly have a passion for weight lifting if the driving force behind it is to get with women. Perhaps it's different for one such as myself, being a powerlifter rather than a bodybuilder. I lift because I enjoy the satisfaction I feel from being able to say to myself, "holy ****, did I really just lift all that weight?"

A stretch-mark free body isn't going to get you laid, having confidence and carrying yourself like the true Alpha Male will. If you were to say that not having stretch marks increases your confidence, which in return makes you more marketable to the ladies, then I would agree.

To each their own, I suppose. Sorry for the hijack.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
The main reason you started working out is to get laid? I don't see how someone can truly have a passion for weight lifting if the driving force behind it is to get with women. Perhaps it's different for one such as myself, being a powerlifter rather than a bodybuilder. I lift because I enjoy the satisfaction I feel from being able to say to myself, "holy ****, did I really just lift all that weight?"

A stretch-mark free body isn't going to get you laid, having confidence and carrying yourself like the true Alpha Male will. If you were to say that not having stretch marks increases your confidence, which in return makes you more marketable to the ladies, then I would agree.

working out and being healthy for the ladies is just as good of a reason as any other. he is here and dedicated, what else matters?

Grifter

Board Supporter
Awards

I started working out to have a more attractive body , whats wrong with that? The main reason most people start working out is to be more attractive by the opposite sex. Having a nice body does boost your confidence. If you only work out for strength, thats good for you but don't bash me because thats the only reason you work out.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Palmer's?

I started because I had a big mouth when I was a teen.

Haggerty

Haggerty

Awards
Palmer's?

I started because I had a big mouth when I was a teen.
I use palmer's for my stretch marks... works wonders for me... the cocoa butter formula w/ vitamin E... i apply it every night before bed.

Danl4560

Awards
I started working out to have a more attractive body , whats wrong with that? The main reason most people start working out is to be more attractive by the opposite sex. Having a nice body does boost your confidence. If you only work out for strength, thats good for you but don't bash me because thats the only reason you work out.
I didn't bash you, I merely stated I couldn't empathize with your reasons for working out. No need to get all defensive there killer. Like I said, to each their own.

Ikaika

Ikaika

Awards
I get awful stretch marks...always have, and always will prolly. This past summer I used a cream called Striae 2x daily and to my complete suprise, it actually worked. Like, kicked ass and took names. I don't have any pics from before I started using it, but damn it was amazing. Definitely check it out.