Pec Shots

noctorum

Banned
Awards
I'm not super-familiar with the anatomy of the human body in this case, so bear with me :p

I want to try shooting my pecs, but I have this huge fear I'm going to pop a lung or end up doing an IC shot..

Am I being irrational?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Why do you want to shoot in your pec?

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Depends on you chest development.. For easiest results shoot toward where the muscle inserts under your arm pit, as you get more comfortable you can move farther out... watch for veins of course, there can be quite a few of them in there.. 1" may be to long for you, maybe not (again shooting toward the insert, makes this easier to deal with).

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I've never used an injected anabolic, so I can't offer too much advice here - but isnt the idea to maintain an elevated level of anabolic hormones throughout your whole system? I dont think site injections work to actually increase muscle accural in the target muscle. If there is some size increase - might just be due to pushing oil into your muscle tissue...and in that case its only temporary.

For a lagging chest, I would say you need to change your training routine. That would provide better results than site injections.

IGF-1 is supposed to enhance the muscle its injected into. (the muscle tissue damaged from resistance training supposedly exposes more IGF receptors) Ive never used that either though so take that for what its worth.

BV

noctorum

Banned
Awards
Poob: You mean pull my arm up over my head and shoot into my pecs sideways, or shoot it straight inwards but closer to my arm than my inner chest?

Vrunga: Esterless AAS are known for causing site-specific growth. I'm considering IGF-1 for it, however.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Site injection does not amount to site specific growth, as BV stated. If you use AAS, just work the **** out of your pecs and they will GROW. ****, even if you do not use AAS, work your chest 2x aweek compared to 1x for every other workout and your chest will eventually catch up.

Also, why suspension, a long ester is much easier, especially if you're a newb when it comes to injecting. BTW, I don't think you should be too worried about hitting your lung, maybe your heart. You shouldn't use more than a 1" needle when performing a pectoral injection and depth and location is key. Try your right pec first to get used to it. Good luck with that.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Most people who don't mind pinning love suspension in comparison to the other esterfied Testosterones. If you can take the pain and the pinning, suspension seems like a good option :D

CA'nt help with the pec shots, buddy.....I've been considering them myself, but it just seems a bit odd to me.

However, you're definitely not going to hit a lung with a 1" needle :D You'll probably feel a rib first, and something tells me you'd stop right there...

:eek:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
If you use AAS, just work the **** out of your pecs and they will GROW. ****, even if you do not use AAS, work your chest 2x aweek compared to 1x for every other workout and your chest will eventually catch up.
Exactly - work you lagging bodypart the first day of your training split and then hit it again 3-4 days later. Ive never *not* seet growth doing this. I can't see a body part not responding when properly trained, especially when on AAS.

If you really are hooked on the idea of site-specific muscle enhancement, you could try homebrewing some generic 'systenhance' type gel and adding test base to it. The reports of spot-enhancement from Systenhance (when it was available) varied, but it did seem like at least some of the hormones ended up staying in the target area.

It would be a lot less of a risk than sticking a needle in your chest, that's for sure.

BV

noctorum

Banned
Awards
I'm on Madcows 5x5. Everything is growing rapidly, but my chest just isn't keeping up. Theres not much modification I can really offer to the program short of adding a few sets of flies.

It's not like I've never shot before, I have a couple injectable cycles under my belt. I've just never shot my chest, usually just delts/quads/tris.

And kwyck has it right, I love to pin, so the total number of injections isn't the issue, it's just the correct safety procedure of pec shots I'm curious about.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Pecs are the easiest/least painful area to inject. All I use is short ester/no ester gear now. And I actually pinned pecs on my first cycle...it's all in your head guys....trust me.

Listen to what Poobah said....you want to hit where you have the most meat...and that is usually up on the top/outer part of the pec. Most of the time (if you;re lean or otherwise, you shouldn't be using AAS to begin with) you can see the major veins that run across the pectorals. I can always see the two biggest and they run parallel to one another. I shoot right in between them. Remember to ASPIRATE...penetrate SLOWLY...push plunger SLOWLY, and you shouldn't have any problems. If you need some how to's and/or pics showing the process, click on the link in my signature for inj. techniques...takes you too spotinjections>>>

As far as site-enhancement.....
Well, it is partially true and untrue in my experience. Using long estered gear is pointless for site-enhancement. The idea is to use ED or EOD injects with short/no ester gear...when you hit the spot so often, this will usually cause inflammation/muscle swelling. And when using prop, this is bound to happen even moreso...lol. When you have that swelling, this will inturn cause your fascia tissue to swell and stretch with it making the muscle worked easier to grow. And this indirectly will help with "site-enhancement". I know that doing EOD injects with prop for my last 3 cycles has really helped as far as pectoral growth is concerned...not so much ofr strength though...but that is just a whole nother story...as my genetics for strength are just retarded. :)

sponge

Awards
I'm on Madcows 5x5. Everything is growing rapidly, but my chest just isn't keeping up. Theres not much modification I can really offer to the program short of adding a few sets of flies.

It's not like I've never shot before, I have a couple injectable cycles under my belt. I've just never shot my chest, usually just delts/quads/tris.

And kwyck has it right, I love to pin, so the total number of injections isn't the issue, it's just the correct safety procedure of pec shots I'm curious about.
yo just stand in a normal standing kind-of stance.. arms hanging down by your sides (well one arm because the other will be shooting obviously).

i have always gone in from the side of my chest (ie into the biggest part) as poobah mentioned, an inch or so above the nipple

- dave

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
3 fingers above the nipple, straight up and you should be fine. I've put a 1.5" pin all they way into my pec and no problems. The first time I did it I wiggled the pin and now I have a ball of scar tissue that you can see when I work/flex my pec....it sucks. Hopefully a deep tissue massage will breakup that scar tissue.