Doctor refuses to take blood work

patzor

Awards
Hi,

I'm a 24 male from the Netherlands.
I've been bodybuilding for about 2 years and after reading allot about supplements and anabolics i have come to apriciate the importance of having blood work. Im perhaps planning on taking a cycle and felt it important to first see exacly how my hormone levels are.

So today i took a trip to the doctor and asked about the posibilities to have blood work done after which the doctor simply replied "We dont do bloodwork in the Netherlands unless you have a tumor in your head" :s

This really schocked me and i tried explaining how important blood work can be for any male who is activly participating into any sport especially bodybuilding. And even for those not into sports but are dealing with a bad libido etc it can be really important.

The reason the doctor said why i cannot request bloodwork to be done was because it was to expensive due to cut backs in health care and protocals they have to follow.

I pointed out that i was willing to pay myself for any bloodwork done. And the doctor still refused.

I also pointed out that i dont want excessive bloodwork just the basic's, Free testosterone, testosterone, IGF-1, DHEA/DHEA-s.

After the doc simply replied that these sort of tests are impossible.

I simply refuse to believe that getting any bloodwork done is impossible.

Now my question:

Are there any symptoms i can point out to the doctor that they normaly run blood tests for? (besides having a tumor in my head :s) Because i would like to believe that with the right complaints concerning health issues they will exually preform blood work.

And perhaps there are some dutch people on the forum that have had blood work done in the netherlands and can point me out into the right direction?

Thank you for your time and excuse my english :)

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Find a new doctor, I don't know how things are in the Netherlands but that doesn't sound right at all.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
The joys of public health care in Europe, God bless the USA (and capitalism).

patzor

Awards
Hi g4ud1n,

Yes im already looking for a second opinion on this.
And after this visit to the doc's im probably gonna switch to another doc anyway. Because this was just crazy,.

Im sure there are allot of dutch bodybuilders who get bloodwork done on a regular basis. I really would like mine checked once a year. So ik already looking for other options.
Just hoping there are any dutch guys on the forum here who can help me out.

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think you'll find more dutch people here: link

Also, health care in most western countries of Europe is MUCH better than in the USA, unless maybe you're only talking about the people who can actually afford it in the USA :rolleyes: