A. L. Rea's opinion of MOHN vs. "The Majority" of board members?

hushdrops

Awards
One thing that has confused me is the way Author L. Rea gives MOHN credit as the "best pro-steroid" ever created (whcih is saying alot, meaning MOHN is better than M-Dien, 1-Test, etc.) and most everyone on all of the message boards seem to resepct's Author L. Rea's opinion quite a bit.

What I'm confused by is if you read wht the moajroity of people that have used MOHN (even after raising the original doseage which was too low when MOHN was first instroduced) -most MOHN users state that it did very little for them with many lifters saying that it did "nothing" at all for them.

So the general consunses on MOHN (as well as M-Deien) is that it does NOT work very well. This real wqorld beliefe sharply contrasts the steament made by Author L. Rea on MOHN (see the original ErgoMax ads, it's still avialbnle on many store sites now that E...Max has been released).

How can the "favorite" pro-steroid of someone like Author L. Rea be so "low on the totem" pole compared to other pro-steroids when it comes to the "real world" opinoins / experiences of so many people that have actually used MOHN?

Either MOHN is being "underrated" by most of the board memebrs or it could be questioned as to why Author L. Rea makes such wonderful claims about MOHN when everyone doens't seem to agree?

I know some people have stocked up on MOHN & M-Dien and I HOPE that they are much better than what everyone has given them credit for and I also hope tht since Author L. Rea seems to "know what eh's tlaking about" that MOHN is also better than what it's reputation holds.

Why are we not seeing all osrts of postive posts on MOHN such as like with ErgoMax, Superdrol and the like? Most posts slam MOHN but yet those same people would agree that Author L. Rea "knows what eh's talking about"? It just doens't match up, that's all I'm getting at.

Anyone care to comment on maybe expalining how MOHN could be Author L. Rea's favorite Pro-Steroid (at least up until the ban when the ErgoMax ad was written) when it doesn't seem to hold a candle to any other cometing products according to the real world posters and users on the boards?

-Thanks (below is some of the text pasted from the ErgoMax ad in case some readers haven't read this before)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the ErgoMax advertisement by Author L. Rea:
One of my all time favorite prosteroids was commonly referred to in supplement circles as MOHN. Many of the more science-oriented lads knew of it by its chemical name 17aa-4-hydroxynandrolone. Here at ALRI we once we able to legally offer this amazing anabolic as a sterile oral product called Var, and many will recall it with muscular fondness as the well known product Oxanavar from our once sister company HM Gear. What was there not to love? It was as effective milligram for milligram as prescription anabolic steroid Oxandrolone (Also known under the trade name Anavar) and was well known for very few potential side effects!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I like M4OHN quite a bit myself, as it worked well for me at high doses, and was pretty much side-effect free. Not terribly strong stuff, however, compared to others...

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
For me the risks vs benefits were a huge factor. Def a great compound.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've only had good results with mohn when stacked with other compounds. I tried it solo, up to about 40-45mg a day with not much effect. But when stacked w/1t & 4ad, it seemed to act synergistically and improved my results over 1t/4ad-only cycles. Now that I understand how the compound works for me, I like it. But I would not personally call it one of the best. jmho

dd

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
All in all, MOHN is the best and safest thing I ever tried. Sure SD gets bigger gains, faster. It also has some sides of note. When I consider my interest in continued, steady, clean gains without having to worry about my BP, cholesterol or prostate I realize how much I like doing high dosage, long cycle MOHN.

sandman

Awards
I think that you are possibly misinformed with regards to the effects of
MOHN. It is, to my knowledge, an analog of anavar. Anavar is known
for imparting GREAT strength improvements while effecting body-comp
changes (strips fat). Lean mass gains are typically modest, comparatively speaking.
I've know people that have done 8 wk cycles of anavar, and claimed they didn't notice
any lean mass improvments (only strength, hardness). However, after testing body-comp
they realized that they were wrong. In other words, if your are losing fat and gaining muscle
the scale won't reflect a change. Additionally, if you are only talking about a 3-5lbs proportionate
change, it may not be subjectively apparent. With the other prohormones you mentioned, the effects
are different and more pronounced over a shorter period of time, which is why people perceive them as "better".

In my opinion, the term "better" is relative to your goals and risk tolerance. Just my two cents.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I truthfully pity those who aren't able to harness its benefits. Cause if it grew on trees I'd become an ape. Well, more of one than I already am.

And easy on saying ALR is "pimping" it. Not the case.

scipio

Ruthless.
Awards
It's not the best because it puts on 15lbs in a week, its the best because of everything else that comes with it's use (or lack thereof).

No sides, easy on the body, with nice, easily keep able gains plus the fact that I always feel great make it my favorite.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
It's not the best because it puts on 15lbs in a week, its the best because of everything else that comes with it's use (or lack thereof).

No sides, easy on the body, with nice, easily keep able gains plus the fact that I always feel great make it my favorite.
Yup. I like it. It does not have the kinda "gains" like SD or M1T. But it is alomst side effect free and it just a good little compound

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I always thought it was pretty good. Certainly not the best.

One thing to keep in mind though, some users love it and others got nada... this could be dosage, diet, etc. but also could be the brand/source of the MOHN. Perhaps it is that properly sourced (ie - 'good' MOHN product) is, in fact, very good while others... eh... not so much.

As a stand-alone, I prefer methyl-dien to MOHN. Though I tend to prefer Ergomax LMG now more than either.

My 2 cents...

hushdrops

Awards
There's no $$$ to advertise Oxanavar -it's been discontinued for quite some time

Maybe he's being paid to advertise it?
I don't think A. L. Rea is trying to push Oxanavar (MOHN) when he references it as his favorite pro-steroid in the ErgoMax literature as Oxanavar had been diconitued and not for sale for quite some time before the ErgoMax "ads" came about. So it can't really be for the $$$ when it comes to calling MOHN his fave. That's why I'm so ciruous. Hopefully MOHN is quite a bit better than most people realize if A. L. Rea truly belives so -I trust his opiion.

I just wondered why everyone else (for the most part) trusts A. L. Rea's opion but yet haven't questioned him stating that MOHN was his favorite because I know everyone most than likely has at least once read teh ErgoMax product / advertisem,ent info. There was so much "talk" about ErgoMax but never did anyone mention the MOHN quote.

Maybe I'm just making too big of a deal of this but I hope not, I hope MOHN is great and maybe should be used in a different manner than most users have tried thus far and there's some "unkown potential" down the raod with MOHN. That would be pretty aweseome. Perhaps MOHN stacked with Prostanozol would produce great results versus MOHN with M-Dien which is what most people seem to stack MOHN wiht?

We should as A. L. Rea to elaborate on the potential of MOHN and if it should be stacked with some fo the current ALRI supplements.

hushdrops

Awards
Great observation Sandman.

... In other words, if your are losing fat and gaining muscle
the scale won't reflect a change. Additionally, if you are only talking about a 3-5lbs proportionate
change, it may not be subjectively apparent. With the other prohormones you mentioned, the effects
are different and more pronounced over a shorter period of time, which is why people perceive them as "better".
That's a great point Sandman. I haven't used MOHN to know this first hand but I can surely see how it could be doing just what it is supposed to do (like Anavar) but yet many users are expecting a M1T type effect (quick strength, putting on notice lbs in a few days etc.).

hushdrops

Awards
Prima Force 4mg MOHN ? ? ?

Does anybody have experience with 4mg MOHN by Prima Force (black & yellow bottles)?

BigSwede

Awards
I've cycled M4OHN and Anavar many times in the past. The effects were very similar, save for scale. IMO, 'Var is a bit less than 2x the potency of M4OHN. [M4OHN] is fantastic stacked with test and tren, or run solo with test. As has been discussed ad nauseum; when released, users were running M4OHN at silly doses, 8-16mg daily. I would run a minimum of 48mg/daily for someone >200lbs.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I've cycled M4OHN and Anavar many times in the past. The effects were very similar, save for scale. IMO, 'Var is a bit less than 2x the potency of M4OHN. [M4OHN] is fantastic stacked with test and tren, or run solo with test. As has been discussed ad nauseum; when released, users were running M4OHN at silly doses, 8-16mg daily. I would run a minimum of 48mg/daily for someone >200lbs.
\
I agree withe Swede on this. If you have to run it run it pretty high.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's good stuff. It gets a bad rap because of people that have expectations that it is a mass monster maker like Dbol or Drol..which it is most definitely not. It's sort of the light beer of steroids...works great, less sides..something you can use spur of the moment to get some volume and strength back after dieting or being otherwise out of the BBing loop.

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
Good read fellas

I have high hopes for MOHN. Like everyone is saying its not going to help you put on a great deal mass in a short period of time. However, added to a 1test/4ad or a 1test/1,4 andro stack it may be a nice addition.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like my kinda product, stayin' lean is my game these days and this would help.. :thumbsup:

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like my kinda product, stayin' lean is my game these days and this would help.. :thumbsup:
Yeah with that 29 inch waist of yours you are definitely entering that obese catagory. :trout:

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Used as an additive in a decent cycle, M4OHN is great. By itself, most will be disappointed.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
One thing that has confused me is the way Author L. Rea gives MOHN credit as the "best pro-steroid" ever created (whcih is saying alot, meaning MOHN is better than M-Dien, 1-Test, etc.) and most everyone on all of the message boards seem to resepct's Author L. Rea's opinion quite a bit.
I agree. I think that m4ohn is the best PS created before the ban. Clean, dry and solid. Of course is not strong as m1t, SD or DMT, but is one of my favourite compounds of all time. The only problem with feedback, expecially initial feedback was that people underdosed it (or better, manifacturers overestimated the potency).
I really dont see the time to make another m4ohn cycle at higher doses (my first one was @24mg).

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I think that you are possibly misinformed with regards to the effects of
MOHN. It is, to my knowledge, an analog of anavar. Anavar is known
for imparting GREAT strength improvements while effecting body-comp
changes (strips fat).
Chemically speaking m4ohn and oxandrolone are not even cousins.
Though, the EFFECT are similar. Probably var is more helpful on the stripping fat part of the equation.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
T-bone, what made it the best cycle ever?...i personally love MOHN! No sides, but i do seem to want to eat more while on it. Other then that the only thing i dont Love about it is the fact it takes a few weeks to kick in, and the fact that it "can" stay in the body a while. Is there any research done on how long it stays in the body after last dose?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-bone, what made it the best cycle ever?...i personally love MOHN! No sides, but i do seem to want to eat more while on it. Other then that the only thing i dont Love about it is the fact it takes a few weeks to kick in, and the fact that it "can" stay in the body a while. Is there any research done on how long it stays in the body after last dose?
Well I had no sides whatsoever from it. I got a great sense of well-being using it. I had consistant amazing strength gains. I also had an increase in appetite and didn't gain any fat at all from it. I don't know what elese to say about it.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It worked well for me too. I got stronger on it than anything in a long time. Good fat loss too, but most people didn't respond as well I don't think.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Other than the rather severe acne I developed on my chest, back and shoulders, it is/was a fine finishing compound.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
20mg. I am on a SD cycle now, and so far, to compare I would trade all my SD for Mdien if I could!.
Are you taking M-dien alone?
good that i stocked that too :D I'm planning to use with m4ohn to cut.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, OT, but I'm running MD @ 14mg. daily w/ M4OHN @ 32mg. daily with wonderful results.

hushdrops

Awards
Sorry, OT, but I'm running MD @ 14mg. daily w/ M4OHN @ 32mg. daily with wonderful results.
It sure is nice to see all of these positive messages about MOHN & M-Dien. Too bad they were not around for too long before being banned & most people didn't use them correctly (low dose tabs put out by the manufacturers).

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hi guys, did any of you get gyno with MOHN and if not did you use any preventive measure on cycle? the progestinic action is scaring me, I got quite the gyno from a trans test/nandro cycle.
syr I would like to use it on a cut/recomp as well, what do you plan to use as PCT, I have nolva, LX and RXT...

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
syr I would like to use it on a cut/recomp as well, what do you plan to use as PCT, I have nolva, LX and RXT...
m4ohn pct is a piece of cake and u will not loose a pound. 3 weeks of your favourite thing. 4 if u are doing a 7-8 week cycle.
i just took 6oxo.