Steroids on Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel(HBO)

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Have you guys seen the Real Sports story on steroids. I saw it this morning and found new love for Bryant and his team. Didn't really care for the guy until I saw this. If anyone recorded it, could you please post it so everyone can watch this great story. Good stuff. The story was called Roid Rage.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
God damn it, I'm the one who saw this coming on their previews and promised everyone a frigging review and I still haven't been able to catch it. I found out it was on this Sunday at almost the same time I took a header off my kayak and floated around with some trout for a while. I've been checking the schedule at HBO.com, just have to find a time when I can catch it.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'd definitely be interested in seeing this...

Could you find the dialogue online anywhere?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I found it by accident flipping through channels in my hotel room. I hope someone can find it because it was worth watching, forget the dialogue.You must see it.

Tad50

Awards
I saw it twice. Great story.. I'm so glad at least some of the media are starting to see the real truth about steroid use.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
I've recorded it. If anyone knows how to post a 3.4 gig file, let me know.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I'll work on it. What's the largest file size I can post?
bit torrent is the way to share. 3gig and something? You can try compressi it using xvid codec.
I would really like to see this doc

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That was an awsome episode of real sports.

The other stories were great too. The first story was about a huge college basketball scandal. The second was the story about steroids and all the stuff WE already know; used properly by adult males they cause no long term sides. The third story was about this awsome sport called Quad Rugby, and nicknamed Murderball. It's rugby for quadraplegics. They sit in these crazy armored wheelchairs and then slam into each other relentlessly.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Compression + bittorrent == good idea :)

I'd love to see it.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Compression + bittorrent == good idea :)

I'd love to see it.

Still working on it. I wonder if I can get a mod to give me a larger attachment limit if I post this in the "Board Staff and Sponsors" section.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
there's always alt.binaries.multimedia ...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Still working on it. I wonder if I can get a mod to give me a larger attachment limit if I post this in the "Board Staff and Sponsors" section.
Hehehe. i doubt it bro. Bobo would end up reaching his bandwidth limit for the month in a matter of hours!

how long is the clip? you could probably get the file size down to a relatively small size and maybe even be able to fit it on a fileshare website...

CroCop

Awards
I just caught it tonight - it was good. All of the fat old guys making laws for us should be made to watch it. Maybe they should ban cheeseburgers instead...

I especially like the old dude that had been on AAS for 40 years or so....

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Well, I got it down to 71 megs. Still far to large for this site, but if you PM me I'll send you the file name and you can download it via Limewire.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
does that episode cover the Ohio State scandal and some other stuff? because if you have Charter Cable you can go to On Demand and watch if for free anytime! I just found that out and will be watching it right now

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
GREAT episode... Wow. There are 0 studies which indicate long term use of AAS is a serious health concern. What do you know? Another thing this made me realize is how intelligent most of the guys on here really are about appropriate usage, blood work, etc. A real eye-opener and a must see for anyone currently using / considering using AAS.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Well, I got it down to 71 megs. Still far to large for this site, but if you PM me I'll send you the file name and you can download it via Limewire.
Rapidshare.de does 50MB files...can you split it into two? :D

If not, I'd be more than grateful to have the limewire name. :D

Thx bro!

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I hope the audio is still good. 71 megs is really small, you can use gmail. if you have an extra account to give the info publically, that would be easy.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
walla.com allows large attachments and you don't need an invite, so that's a good idea, bro!

gobig1

Awards
Have you guys seen the Real Sports story on steroids. I saw it this morning and found new love for Bryant and his team. Didn't really care for the guy until I saw this. If anyone recorded it, could you please post it so everyone can watch this great story. Good stuff. The story was called Roid Rage.
I don't have HBO, don't watch alot of TV (Fox News and OLN) but if everyone on this thread says it is "2 Thumbs Up", I believe my AM brothers.

Now, how in fact could we go about "force feeding" this in a sense, to the Know-It-All lawmakers and their cronies, maybe via Rick Collins and his points of contact in the legal system......I'm just throwing out any ideas, because this would be a beautiful way to use the media against themselves, after all turnabout is fair play, let the truth be known for once.

Bryant Gumble is a very respected journalist with a sports anchor/reporter background, if he "endorsed" (in a way) this report it would definitely hold weight.......I don't think he would take unfounded criticism on this story sitting down, he would stand up and defend his report and the content of it!

GOBIG

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did some perusing of the fxnetwork forums for 30 days and several people on there posted referring to this Real Sports episode and said the two were examples of "bad journalism" (30 days) and "good journalism" (real sports).

It seems that actually the vast majority of people who post about steroids on various TV network forums are pro-steroid. This does say something about the public though. It says that the vast majority (which happens to be anti-steroid) do not care enough about the steroid issue to bother posting or even checking up on forums where such discussions are being held.

EDIT: Found a link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/2572196/HBO_Steroids.wmv.html

Last edited:
kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
You're the f'in man! Thx Nullifidian :thumbsup: Limewire didn't wanan find the file...

50joe

Awards
  • Established
That was an awesome, and refreshing view. :cheers:

I wished a story like this would be presented on a national prime-time show too. It'd be nice for other people to see.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I saw a re-airing of that today.. damn good segment and it does need to be shown on national free tv.. I love how unbais the story actually was, it was a huge change from the rest of the media's coverage of the whole steriod thing.. it is a shame that most people allow themselves to be sucked in the hyp about things.. and I am just as guilty, at times.. you think that the reporters are knowledgable of the subjects that they report on and for the most part, I don't think this is the case

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I did some perusing of the fxnetwork forums for 30 days and several people on there posted referring to this Real Sports episode and said the two were examples of "bad journalism" (30 days) and "good journalism" (real sports).

It seems that actually the vast majority of people who post about steroids on various TV network forums are pro-steroid. This does say something about the public though. It says that the vast majority (which happens to be anti-steroid) do not care enough about the steroid issue to bother posting or even checking up on forums where such discussions are being held.

It won't work for me. Do you need to buy something? I'm technologically inept. Please excuse:sad:

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Got it!

Very interesting discussions. Clapp talks like exactly like I thought ;)

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
It won't work for me. Do you need to buy something? I'm technologically inept. Please excuse:sad:
click the link, then click "free" and wait for the countdown for the download link. save to hard drive.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that was a great segment. That would be great to show side by side with 30 Days. Note 30 Days did not provide any actual data.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established

Bump for all those who missed this :D

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Very interesting, definately showing this to my girlfriend soon :)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting, definately showing this to my girlfriend soon :)
:thumbsup: My g/f is cool w/ me juicing because I educated her and she's cool....best of luck :D

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
:thumbsup: My g/f is cool w/ me juicing because I educated her and she's cool....best of luck :D
Until you guys break up and she uses it against you..it wouldn't be the first time, trust me. I told an old friend of mine (used to be my best friend), we got into it one day, and we went rolling around in the dirt one day in a fist fight. Didn't take but two hours and he was calling the cops and my G/f up to tell them I was using AAS. so then my g/f at that time knew...well we eventually broke up as I got caught cheating on her, and then she calls up my parents and tells them....

I'm tellin ya man, don't tell ANYONE ANYTHING about your AAS useage...I once thought that my old best bud would be my best bud forever..I found out the hard way....just a tip.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I caught the real sports show the other day... I couldn't believe that the guy who wrote for MD was using sustanon... if a guy knows this much about aas as he claims, then he should know that sustanon is the worse test to use...many people think that sust is the best thing for keeping consistent levels....when in fact it is the absolute worst.

Okay show, but some of the facts were still screwy...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Until you guys break up and she uses it against you..it wouldn't be the first time, trust me. I told an old friend of mine (used to be my best friend), we got into it one day, and we went rolling around in the dirt one day in a fist fight. Didn't take but two hours and he was calling the cops and my G/f up to tell them I was using AAS. so then my g/f at that time knew...well we eventually broke up as I got caught cheating on her, and then she calls up my parents and tells them....

I'm tellin ya man, don't tell ANYONE ANYTHING about your AAS useage...I once thought that my old best bud would be my best bud forever..I found out the hard way....just a tip.
Well, its a possibility, but I'm not worried about it. If I can't tell my g/f of 3.5 yrs, she shouldn't be my g/f. Plus, she would (rightfully) be pissed that I was keeping things from her. So, again, I'm not worried about her ;)

supes

Awards
Awsome this helped me get my fiance to leave me alone about it. Thanx.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Awsome this helped me get my fiance to leave me alone about it. Thanx.
Yea, I made my wife watch it. She was amazed at Clapp throwing that weight around at his age.

I believe that HRT is a great thing and more people need to be informed about it. I honestly learned about it a couple weeks ago from a guy at my gym. I didn't know anything about doctor prescribed doses of Test or anything else. I will not go into old age bitchin and moanin if I don't have to. I plan on kickin ass into my 70s or 80s or............ :cheers:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to show this to my GF too so she can be more comfortable with my 1st upcomming cycle. I'm sure she will say something about the 70 year old's face tho. "Steriods are gonna make your face look like that when you are 70".... I can just hear it now. We'll see tho.

I just know my girl all to well. Anyone elses significant other say something to this sort?

I'll report back.

bigblank69

Board Supporter
Awards
Just don't overdue it in the tanning bed like Clapp. Or Should I say Leatherface

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to show this to my GF too so she can be more comfortable with my 1st upcomming cycle. I'm sure she will say something about the 70 year old's face tho. "Steriods are gonna make your face look like that when you are 70".... I can just hear it now. We'll see tho.

I just know my girl all to well. Anyone elses significant other say something to this sort?

I'll report back.
To which you can retort, "Yeah, but what will YOUR face look like at 70?!!" Or, "Imagine what it would look like if I didn't use 'roids."

brogers

Awards
  • Established
I caught the real sports show the other day... I couldn't believe that the guy who wrote for MD was using sustanon... if a guy knows this much about aas as he claims, then he should know that sustanon is the worse test to use...many people think that sust is the best thing for keeping consistent levels....when in fact it is the absolute worst.

Okay show, but some of the facts were still screwy...
I believe he said "This is some short acting testosterone mixed with some longer acting testosterone" or something like that...

That doesn't necessarily mean Sustanon. He could simply be using Propionate and Enathate, with the Prop to kickstart his cycle, get his levels up quicker. I just wouldn't jump to that conclusion.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I believe he said "This is some short acting testosterone mixed with some longer acting testosterone" or something like that...

That doesn't necessarily mean Sustanon. He could simply be using Propionate and Enathate, with the Prop to kickstart his cycle, get his levels up quicker. I just wouldn't jump to that conclusion.
LOL, yeah I guess that's what he could've meant...you're probably right. ;)