Sarms vs prohormones

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I understand the basic mechanism of action in both sarms and prohormones, my question is why do people still use prohormones? Because the sides of sarms are very limited in comparison PH's, and the gains are comparable. Am I missing a key detail about PH's?

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand the basic mechanism of action in both sarms and prohormones, my question is why do people still use prohormones? Because the sides of sarms are very limited in comparison PH's, and the gains are comparable. Am I missing a key detail about PH's?
By PH's are you talking about the prosteroids like superdrol, epistane, dmz etc? Becausr those are actually oral steroids and quite a bit more powerful then SARMs...

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I always thought the difference was something like 10%. How much strong are they?

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always thought the difference was something like 10%. How much strong are they?
The ones I mentioned are significantly stronger by all accounts they are AAS. But also come with more sides.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The term prohormones covers 2 totally different fields really. Pre-ban and post-ban ph's. Same title, different conversation.

So I guess it matters which set of ph's you're referring to.

SARM's are not as effective as the pre-ban ph's, but far fewer sides. Or less extreme of side effects. But I would say they are slightly better than the current post-ban ph's.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
The term prohormones covers 2 totally different fields really. Pre-ban and post-ban ph's. Same title, different conversation.

SARM's are not as effective as the pre-ban ph's, but far fewer sides. Or less extreme of side effects. But I would say they are slightly better than the current post-ban ph's.
I'm referring to PH's that are legal at this point in time.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm referring to PH's that are legal at this point in time.
Oh well not that I'm knocking any of the Andros, but some of these sarms out will blow their results away. (LGD, RAD, YK(not really a sarm) S23, S4, etc)

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Oh well not that I'm knocking any of the Andros, but some of these sarms out will blow their results away. (LGD, RAD, YK(not really a sarm) S23, S4, etc)
Why isn't lgd a sarm? Or are you just saying that yk isn't a same? If so why isn't yk a sarm?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sarms are actually stronger then ppl think but no1 is running doses high enough to see the results

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Sarms are actually stronger then ppl think but no1 is running doses high enough to see the results
What doses would something like lgd require for optimal research?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
What doses would something like lgd require for optimal research?
I'm running 10mg a day currently (week 2) and my strength has increased dramatically. It's about the same as a 5week into test cycle.

I may push it to 20mg in the last 2 weeks, haven't decided yet but I've seen people run it at 20mg with insane results.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I'm running 10mg a day currently (week 2) and my strength has increased dramatically. It's about the same as a 5week into test cycle.

I may push it to 20mg in the last 2 weeks, haven't decided yet but I've seen people run it at 20mg with insane results.
I noticed lethargy after 10mgs do you think it was cause of estrogen or something else?

TomS93

Awards

What's your PCT going to look like?
I'm looking into starting a LGD cycle and have read a SERM such as clomid is a must but it's proving very difficult to actually find somewhere to get it from in the UK!

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I noticed lethargy after 10mgs do you think it was cause of estrogen or something else?
You need a test base with LGD as it will shut you down hard. The longer you leave it the worse you will likely feel. 4evafit did a log on LGD (actually mk667 but he added LGD) with bloods. Post cycle bloods were pretty messed up. Elevated liver values, lipids and bascially complete shutdown. He did make some decent gains despite feeling like **** in the latter part of his cycle. Can check out his log here.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/igf-1-gh/283448-my-mk677-log-19.html

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
It shuts you down...im running epi andro with it to combat lethargy.
What's your PCT going to look like?
I'm looking into starting a LGD cycle and have read a SERM such as clomid is a must but it's proving very difficult to actually find somewhere to get it from in the UK!
Clomid- 25/25/10/10... I like to taper off Clomid.

Also, Perfect PCT by focused nutrition.

I've always had great results from that or nolva.

Can't buy Clomid off a shelf, you need to research some underground places.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

20 isn't pushing it, go for it

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
We know what the long term sides are of Andro's. Most SARMs, not so much.

JLaudio1977

Awards
Can't believe SARMS!! OTHER THAN PCT WHICH WOULD EXCLUDE LGD AND YK-11 sense both shut u down to some extent.
The stuff is ****

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always get better results from andros than I do with sarms
I will never use osta again, lgd I have some left so I'll use it with a andro cycle. But my solo lgd run was mediocre at best and I ran it over 10g a day for 8 weeks

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

This sums it up but with a caveat: there are a few AAS that are still available even post ban that supp companies just refused to give up since they weren't explicitly listed on the most recent laws.

DMZ
M1A
Trestolone
Dienolone
Desoxy T Acetate

These aren't prohormones at all but are still sold on all sorts of legitimate sites.

All of these are powerhouses and are among the strongest steroids you can ingest. Especially M1A, Trestolone and DTA. Freakin' strong steroids right der!

JLaudio1977

Awards
What this man said!!!!^^^^^
A lot of PH's are stronger than the target hormone btw. Once u methylated a product it's stupid strong!!
Example Desoxytestosterone IM
Love it BUT
PHERAPLEX is far superior. Trust me on this. I've done both. DTA acts as a cutting agent. Pheraplex aka DMT ( same but methylated)
Can't even compare. Pheraplex blows the doors off the other.

17a methyl Trest. MIBOLORONE
Methyl Tren
Methyl 1 test
All toxic but blow the doors off its counterparts!!

JLaudio1977

Awards
Yet I always hear someone claiming PH's aren't real gear!
Got news for ya, they are a fckn monster if used correctly

Beginning of cycle

JLaudio1977

Awards
Look into this
Superdrol ( not hi tech) criminals
M-Sten
Dimethandrostnol
If u get real Pheraplex u let me know!! I'll take it
And the dreaded M1t
Shows u how strong PH's are!!!!

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
By the way folks, 60mg M1A takes a crap on everything but 20-30mg SD. However, the sides aren't as bad as 20mg SD though...

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This sums it up but with a caveat: there are a few AAS that are still available even post ban that supp companies just refused to give up since they weren't explicitly listed on the most recent laws.

DMZ
M1A
Trestolone
Dienolone
Desoxy T Acetate

These aren't prohormones at all but are still sold on all sorts of legitimate sites.

All of these are powerhouses and are among the strongest steroids you can ingest. Especially M1A, Trestolone and DTA. Freakin' strong steroids right der!
Saw quite a few ugl grab onto some of them too.

YamahaC76

Awards
  • Established
A lot of PH's are stronger than the target hormone btw. Once u methylated a product it's stupid strong!!
Love it BUT
PHERAPLEX is far superior. Trust me on this. I've done both. DTA acts as a cutting agent. Pheraplex aka DMT ( same but methylated)

Methyl Tren
Methyl 1 test
How liver toxic is Methyl 1-testosterone? Is it the same as about drinking a beer a day? 2 beers a day? I'd run a cycle support for sure. I actually am really curious about 1-andro vs LGD for a bulk. Im currently 15% BF and cutting down to 10% before I do a bulk and will be going with either of these compounds with MK-677 for some nice size. But...I need a convincing argument, for either side lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How liver toxic is Methyl 1-testosterone? Is it the same as about drinking a beer a day? 2 beers a day? I'd run a cycle support for sure. I actually am really curious about 1-andro vs LGD for a bulk. Im currently 15% BF and cutting down to 10% before I do a bulk and will be going with either of these compounds with MK-677 for some nice size. But...I need a convincing argument, for either side lol.
Probably 10x that

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably 10x that
It's hard to be certain about stuff like that as certain genetics may have more trouble with one versus the other. The sort of damage alcohol does to the liver is via a different mechanism than methylated chemicals.

Liver damage by steroids:

"Androgenic and anabolic steroids have been implicated in four distinct forms of liver injury: transient serum enzyme elevations, an acute cholestatic syndrome, chronic vascular injury to the liver (peliosis hepatis) and hepatic tumors including adenomas and hepatocellular carcinoma. These adverse events have been most closely linked with the C-17 alkylated testosterones, although tumors have also been associated with unmodified and esterified testosterone preparations."

Liver damage by alcohol:

"Although steatosis (fatty liver) will develop in any individual who consumes a large quantity of alcoholic beverages over a long period of time, this process is transient and reversible. Of all chronic heavy drinkers, only 15–20% develop hepatitis or cirrhosis, which can occur concomitantly or in succession."

In general, more bad crap can happen from C-17 alkalation-induced liver damage but fortunately, all of it is reversible at least until you start developing tumors or cancerous cells.

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Love it BUT

Methyl Tren
Methyl 1 test
Look into this
Superdrol ( not hi tech) criminals
M-Sten
Dimethandrostnol
If u get real Pheraplex u let me know!! I'll take it
And the dreaded M1t
Shows u how strong PH's are!!!!
Not a single one of the compounds you mentioned in these 2 posts is a prohormone. They are all active AAS.

Jglove

Awards
What would be a good cycle of SARM for greatest strength gain? Is anything needed for on cycle? Clomid would be pct