TRT at Age 20 story

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
So, I was born with one testicle, the other simply didn't form.

Most of my life I felt tired/ exhausted quickly.

I eventually had my blood work done some months ago, at 8am two tests 3 months apart, my levels came back at 430ng/dl.

430? That isn't too low is it? It's not medically low and not under the range by any means, but upon further research I knew that is not where I wanted to be. Just turning Age 20, I knew I shouldn't be in the 400s at all.

Natural methods did not work either. My LH, FSH and SHBG levels were also ALL optimal.

My thyroid was slightly elevated around 3 (TSH), but all other antibodies were great.

endocrinologists were of no help, of course telling me I'm fine. Telling me my gynecomastia from 7th grade still might go away, and gave me nolvadex for it ( ;) win-win)

I decided to pursue an anti aging clinic, and after a few visits out of pocket they wanted me to consider clomid. Tbh, if I have to take something for life, I don't want it to be clomid or nolvadex. And I do not believe my natural production has much potential considering my one testicle and normal ranges for all my functions.

I decided to go out of pocket for TRT, and the costs for all blood work, visits, and medication is around $98 a month! Awesome.

I was prescribed 500 IU / week of HCG (250iu x2) and 100mg Test Cypionate (100mg X11).

After about 3 weeks I have no complaints at ALL. I am fine self injecting. My confidence is 5-10x better, I no longer feel extreme anxiety. I had social anxiety before pretty bad, it is now not a serious problem and I couldn't be more thankful.

My weight started at 165 ( I was decently fit, been lifting for a few years, always stalled pretty quickly on gains though)

3 1/2 weeks later from starting TRT, my weight is 179 and I am MUCH leaner.

My workouts are insane, my rest time is WAY less, and I just feel insanely great.

Maybe TRT wasn't the right option, maybe my thyroid is messed up, who knows.

But for now, and as long as I keep an eye on all my vitals and bloodwork, I feel great and have no regrets.

Just wanted to share my first month on it and hope to post again months down the road as I know it's VERY early into the process.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I'm 19 y/o and I've been suffering the same ailments you've described.

I have had my levels checked when I was 17 years old when I weighed 285lbs and I was at 419ng/dl. Now I'm 19 and I weigh 215 lbs my levels as of last Tuesday are 443ng/dl. So even after losing over 70lbs I'm still low for my age, but my Dr won't do anything until I'm below 300! On top of that I have really bad gyno but they won't give me any sort of AI, or even test my estrogen. They just say it's a cosmetic issue and they can't help me.

I'm glad you shared your story because it let's me know I'm not crazy, and I really could use some help! Because I gave up for awhile, but now I know I just need to find a better Dr!

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How's your sex drive since starting trt if you dont mind? Also, what's your bloodwork looking like now? Its good to hear that you're feeling better man, I think trt should be an option at any age in certain circumstances

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established

I have had my levels checked when I was 17 years old when I weighed 285lbs and I was at 419ng/dl. Now I'm 19 and I weigh 215 lbs my levels as of last Tuesday are 443ng/dl. So even after losing over 70lbs I'm still low for my age, but my Dr won't do anything until I'm below 300! On top of that I have really bad gyno but they won't give me any sort of AI, or even test my estrogen. They just say it's a cosmetic issue and they can't help me.

I'm glad you shared your story because it let's me know I'm not crazy, and I really could use some help! Because I gave up for awhile, but now I know I just need to find a better Dr!
Finding a doc is the most frustrating. I am very impatient when it comes to Heath issues and a primary doctor or even endo usually pan out this issue over months, often to say you do not have a serious issue. If you can find a HRT clinic or anti aging doctor you may end up paying for treatment, but at least you can get on a path to feeing well again. For me I have never felt this good since I can remember (maybe it has always been an issue, my development was always lagging, etc) so I have no complaints.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Regular doctors and physicians generally wont write a script unless you're under 300 or so. Hormone therapy/balance clinics tend to write people scripts a lot easier

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
How's your sex drive since starting trt if you dont mind? Also, what's your bloodwork looking like now? Its good to hear that you're feeling better man, I think trt should be an option at any age in certain circumstances
Sex drive way higher. I could get erections easily before but I had absolutely no drive for relationships, etc. that's dramatically changed and it happened pretty quickly. Due to costs I won't be getting bloodwork until I finish this first course I've purchased so that won't be until December.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sex drive way higher. I could get erections easily before but I had absolutely no drive for relationships, etc. that's dramatically changed and it happened pretty quickly. Due to costs I won't be getting bloodwork until I finish this first course I've purchased so that won't be until December.
Glad to hear man. I'm trying to get on trt soon as well. I'd rather blast and cruise and just monitor everything myself, but I'm still living at home and my parents aren't too fond of the idea. Tsh of 3 isn't extremely high tbh, i think its more of a concern once it hits the 3.5+ range from what I remember

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear man. I'm trying to get on trt soon as well. I'd rather blast and cruise and just monitor everything myself, but I'm still living at home and my parents aren't too fond of the idea. Tsh of 3 isn't extremely high tbh, i think its more of a concern once it hits the 3.5+ range from what I remember
true I've heard lab ranges generally go up to 4 for tsh. A few natural doctors and family members I've talked to however suggest being close to 1-1.5 if I remember correctly for proper function. The thyroid seems to be so misunderstood however unfortunately. I am not sure

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
true I've heard lab ranges generally go up to 4 for tsh. A few natural doctors and family members I've talked to however suggest being close to 1-1.5 if I remember correctly for proper function. The thyroid seems to be so misunderstood however unfortunately. I am not sure
Mine actually read 4.86 once but when I had it checked again it was back to normal. If I remember correctly, the nurse practitioner told me that it's usually not a concern unless it goes over the mid 3's but I'm going off memory

dezzy84

dezzy84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I eventually had my blood work done some months ago, at 8am two tests 3 months apart, my levels came back at 430ng/dl.

430? That isn't too low is it? It's not medically low and not under the range by any means, but upon further research I knew that is not where I wanted to be. Just turning Age 20, I knew I shouldn't be in the 400s at all.

Natural methods did not work either. My LH, FSH and SHBG levels were also ALL optimal.

My thyroid was slightly elevated around 3 (TSH), but all other antibodies were great.

endocrinologists were of no help, of course telling me I'm fine. Telling me my gynecomastia from 7th grade still might go away, and gave me nolvadex for it ( ;) win-win)

I decided to pursue an anti aging clinic, and after a few visits out of pocket they wanted me to consider clomid. Tbh, if I have to take something for life, I don't want it to be clomid or nolvadex. And I do not believe my natural production has much potential considering my one testicle and normal ranges for all my functions.

I decided to go out of pocket for TRT, and the costs for all blood work, visits, and medication is around $98 a month! Awesome.

I was prescribed 500 IU / week of HCG (250iu x2) and 100mg Test Cypionate (100mg X11).

After about 3 weeks I have no complaints at ALL. I am fine self injecting. My confidence is 5-10x better, I no longer feel extreme anxiety. I had social anxiety before pretty bad, it is now not a serious problem and I couldn't be more thankful.

My weight started at 165 ( I was decently fit, been lifting for a few years, always stalled pretty quickly on gains though)

My workouts are insane, my rest time is WAY less, and I just feel insanely great.

But for now, and as long as I keep an eye on all my vitals and bloodwork, I feel great and have no regrets.

Just wanted to share my first month on it and hope to post again months down the road as I know it's VERY early into the process.
That's great news glad you are feeling great.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol and to think there are people who say TRT doesn't increase muscle mass and burn fat. I've heard guys say it offers no advantage. 14 pounds of mass with noticeable fat loss in 3 weeks is insane. Absolutely ****ing insane

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Lol and to think there are people who say TRT doesn't increase muscle mass and burn fat. I've heard guys say it offers no advantage. 14 pounds of mass with noticeable fat loss in 3 weeks is insane. Absolutely ****ing insane
It is amazing. I'm not sure what my dose is comparable to being on HCG as well. Maybe 100mg of test a week without HCG might not give these results and I'm curious as to whether my 500iu of HCG a week is helping me out a good deal? Seems like a small dose of HCG however.

caliswagg707

Awards
I've been actually looking at trt myself lately , 28 years old levels at 243 , hard to find that price for 98$

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I've been actually looking at trt myself lately , 28 years old levels at 243 , hard to find that price for 98$
Ofc doing it without a doctor would probably be $98 for a whole year but that wasn't an option for me.
I just asked a lot of questions and thankfully I got lucky with this pricing that's for sure.

lucifer92

Awards

Sorry for the late bump but i saw this post and couldnt resist, hope you dont mind.
You have one testicle and your testosterone was 430ng/dl, i have both and mine is at 383ng/dl.

So how are you doing? Is your testosterone okay? How is your progress going, in the gym and your health in general?

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Thyroid definitely plays a big part. I had my TSH checked about 2 years ago and it came in at 23! No joke, 23. I was always in shape but I couldn't loose fat around my lower abs, and I should have abs. 2 years later I'm still at 6 and trying to get down to 3. I feel your pain.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the late bump but i saw this post and couldnt resist, hope you dont mind.
You have one testicle and your testosterone was 430ng/dl, i have both and mine is at 383ng/dl.

So how are you doing? Is your testosterone okay? How is your progress going, in the gym and your health in general?
I am good. Going to clear my pms I saw you messaged me.

Been blasting 500mg/week for a while but did do my TRT for around a year and just felt phenomenal

greg916

Awards

haha same man. I'm 27 got a level of 399. He's beating me with just 1.

Geoffr

Geoffr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was on 100mg/week for about like 7-8 months then hopped on 500mg for like past 15 weeks man :)
How much weight have you gained since your 500mg blast? Any sides or any big noticeable differences?

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
Wow, 98$ is considered cheap? I knew health-care in the US is awfully expensive, but over a 1000 euros a year for trt sounds pretty painful..

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
How much weight have you gained since your 500mg blast? Any sides or any big noticeable differences?
I went from like 180-206 on a 10 weeks cycle. Currently cutting on it aswell and I’m down to 181 I’d say.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
How long are you planning being on 500mg?
For at least probably 32 weeks unless blood work tells me I need to do otherwise. I took about 4 weeks off dropped it to 300mg

I don’t believe my stuff is properly dosed and might be 25% underdosed. So im going to get a higher quality gear this next bottle,

lucifer92

Awards
For at least probably 32 weeks unless blood work tells me I need to do otherwise. I took about 4 weeks off dropped it to 300mg

I don’t believe my stuff is properly dosed and might be 25% underdosed. So im going to get a higher quality gear this next bottle,
How do you deal with injecting twice a week? Is it fine, did it just become part of your daily routine? Are you ever worried about losing an injection or something?

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
How do you deal with injecting twice a week? Is it fine, did it just become part of your daily routine? Are you ever worried about losing an injection or something?
its perfectly fine. Takes about 5 minutes a week for 2 injections total. Very easy and if I ever missed I’d just makenup for it by taking slightly more next time

lucifer92

Awards
its perfectly fine. Takes about 5 minutes a week for 2 injections total. Very easy and if I ever missed I’d just makenup for it by taking slightly more next time
And if you miss do the side effects (libido, strength, foggy brain) hit you or are they managable until you makeup for it?

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
And if you miss do the side effects (libido, strength, foggy brain) hit you or are they managable until you makeup for it?
Never had a problem that wasn’t easy to get by with

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting story. I’m convinced I have low T also and possibly a jacked up thyroid. Going to have testing done in about a month or so after I finish clomid from my most recent osta & 11kt run. Just not sure if I’m ready to fully commit to trt or if I want to try like a hcg clomid type therapy.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Interesting story. I’m convinced I have low T also and possibly a jacked up thyroid. Going to have testing done in about a month or so after I finish clomid from my most recent osta & 11kt run. Just not sure if I’m ready to fully commit to trt or if I want to try like a hcg clomid type therapy.
Usually they always want to start you off with a Clomid or similar type therapy instead of starting TRT.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that’s why I was thinking HCG and a clomid protocol first.