abcess

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing about abcess and aas. I wanna know two things....

1. how do you get them from aas?
2. what antibiotics should be on hand in case one gets an abcess?

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do not know what antibiotics are needed but if you have one it could be from not rotating your injection sites. If you have one you need to get it drained first and I wouldn't suggest trying that yourself. At that point i am sure your doc will prescribe the antib. needed. Check the stickies on injections it will give you a little info on avoiding them.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I keep hearing about abcess and aas. I wanna know two things....

1. how do you get them from aas?
2. what antibiotics should be on hand in case one gets an abcess?
1: By using unsanitary means of injecting. Rancid oil. Not rotating injection sites. I'm sure there are other factors as well.

2: Here's a link to a Sticky by Dr. D... Antibiotic Brief

Here's another thread regarding abscesses that sparked the brief from Dr. D... Click here.

Hope this helps.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Cuffs is right on the money. It's pretty easy to go to the emergency room or a doctor and get anti-biotics, and honestly I'd trust a doc on the administration of anti-biotics (more-so than I'd trust myself anyhow). They are going to ask stupid questions, just give them stupid answers :D

scarfacebling

Awards
Cuffs is right on the money. It's pretty easy to go to the emergency room or a doctor and get anti-biotics, and honestly I'd trust a doc on the administration of anti-biotics (more-so than I'd trust myself anyhow). They are going to ask stupid questions, just give them stupid answers :D
A friend of mine told his insurence company will not cover anything related to illegal substance abuse....any one else know more info on this.. what would you tell them the abcess is from a rusty nail?lol

and BTW there is a great article on here about anti-biotic by DR .D i think

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
You can actually get an access from a bunch of different ways of having a sharp instrument puncture the skin to a level below the epidermial layer. In many cases, the skin is home to a couple of species of staph, and at least one species of strep. The staph loves to have the chance to move inside of the body if it can find a way, then you can end up with an infection starting...

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
The staph loves to have the chance to move inside of the body if it can find a way, then you can end up with an infection starting...
Ahh... what would we do without isopropanol? :box:

-kwantam

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Never tell your doctor if you have an abcess from aas's, because if it goes on record, and your insurance company finds out, they may drop you. And if that happens, you may never get picked up by a company again. Now, if you have a cool doctor, who you trust and who will not record the info, then by all means, tell him/her.