URGENT PLEASE: Abcess and NEED advice

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well after years injecting I think I've finally gotten an abcess. I injected in my in my shoulder Saturday now all through my tricep is inflamed and red and giving off heat and my entire shoulder and tri hurt bad. I ordered some cipro that should be here within a week but this is getting bad FAST. Until then I am hoping to get some zithromax. The other problem is right now I have no medical insurance...

One of my main concerns is should I workout if i can get through the pain? Will working out increase the odds of it getting worse? Also, am I safe waiting the week for the cipro? I normally have a very strong imune system and this cycle was going GREAT so anything I can do to keep in the gym is important.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ice the area constantly.. Take plenty of antioxidants to keep your system strong.. After you're done with your antibiotic course get some probiotics in you stat..

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ice the area constantly.. Take plenty of antioxidants to keep your system strong.. After you're done with your antibiotic course get some probiotics in you stat..
I have gut health here so thats fine. I wanted to ice it but wasn't sure, so I will start now. Thanks SO much and could you answer one final question: would the stress of working out be a bad idea before starting the cipro?

Basically do I need to or should I take the week off of training?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Only if you're sure it's a bacterial infection.. Sometimes we get a hot spot and freak, keep it iced and rest for today.. Try lifting tomorrow, if you feel sick while training it's bacterial..

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Only if you're sure it's a bacterial infection.. Sometimes we get a hot spot and freak, keep it iced and rest for today.. Try lifting tomorrow, if you feel sick while training it's bacterial..
I've never "freaked" before but ive also never had anything like this... I injected into the shoulder and the tricep area hurts the most but the upper shoulder near the collar bone hurts too. It could also be from injecting 1.5ml of 200mg/ml 1-test in there but I did the same to my leg with not half this pain and also glut as well... Damn this thing hurts, I am going the run the cipro to be same either way but I will try working out again, I've already worked out on it once and did chest/shoulder/tri DC style and had a GREAT workout.

awmcdon

Awards
This sounds extreme but I had a abcess and did this once. I got the idea off of animal's site.
Take 1.5 ml of benzyl alcohol and 6 ml of oil, syringe filter and inject it all into the area. Let it set for about fifteen minutes and then reinsert a new syringe and draw it out. Do this twice a day for a day or two. I'm not saying it will fix your problem but it fixed mine.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
^^ I've drawn pus from abcesses before, not like that though... One thing to consider is that you need a larger guage to do it.

The inflammation spreading to your tricep and other areas has me thinking, perhaps it leaked into the adipose and gave you this? I had a nasty accident with a tricep injection that did just that.. my whole tricep swelled up to freakish proportions and spread to my forearm.. it was red and gave off a lot of heat. It wasn't an abcess but the irritation from the depot in the adipose.

Another thing you should take into consideration is the fact that you used 1-Test, which is a strong irritant in itself.

better safe than sorry, but seeing as you're versed in injections, (and hopefully not squeamish) try to draw with a 23g right at the spot you injected.. see if pus comes out. make sure you are very sanitary of course.

Hot and Cold compress.. alternate..