Test Prop/Mast Prop Combo Conversion Problem

Josey Wales

Awards
Did I blow it?

I am making a 50ml Test P/Mast P combo at 125mg/100mg, respectively, with 3% BA and 20% BB. I added the powder (6.25gs of TP and 5gs of MP) and solvent and stirred, but the powder didn't seem to dissolve all the way. There were still large clumps of powder floating in it. I then baked the solution for awhile at 300 degrees, but the solution was still a sort of cloudy, chalky white. After that I put the vial in a pan of boiling water for about 20-30mins and the solution was STILL white and cloudy. However, there were no clumps of powder at all. It was just cloudy and chalky looking. At that point I began to think that the chalkiness was possibly just impurities in the powder I received. So I went ahead and filtered the solution through a .2 pore whatman. (Man, it sucks filtering through a .2 pore.) After filtering the solution came out a very light, clear golden color. Now I'm wondering if maybe I filtered out all of the powder. What do you think?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
It could be that there were impurities with the powders and also entirely possible that it was undissolved active material. Always start with the best materials to be sure...at this point it can go either way. The important thing is that there are no undissolved particles floating around in there now.

Chemo

Josey Wales

Awards
It could be that there were impurities with the powders and also entirely possible that it was undissolved active material. Always start with the best materials to be sure...at this point it can go either way. The important thing is that there are no undissolved particles floating around in there now.

Chemo
Thanks much. So is it safe to assume that there is still some compound in the solution? I mean can I infer from your response that even if some active ingredient did get filtered out it is highly unlikely that ALL of it got filtered out? True? Short of testing the solution at a lab, is there any way to tell if I'm injecting anything but straight cottonseed oil? Normally, I'd say that the prop should hurt sufficiently to answer the question. However with 20 percent BB in the mix, a perfectly prepared prop solution may not hurt at all. Correct?

Josey Wales

Awards
Update

Thanks for the note. So on the advice of a good bro I broke open the Whatman to see what was in there. What I found was maybe an 1/8th of a teaspoon of chalky sludge. Nothing else. Couldn't be more that 10-20mgs all total. If so, I'm thinking that the final product is still usable. Thoughts?

It seems to me that if the Whatman filtered out ALL or substantially ALL of the powder that it would have clogged up the filter long before I was done. Do you agree?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I agree that it was most likely impurities...once again the important thing is that there are no particles in there now.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
If I read correctly, you put both powders in at the sametime. Most guys that have good luck with "mixes", do one powder at a time. Add your test prop and heat and dissolve until you get it to stay in solution. Then add your Mast Prop and do the same. Should go in fine at 3 and 20 @ 225mg/ml. They are just funny sometimes when you try to do them together. Make it a habit to do each seperate.