MK677 (2 Research Studies)

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial.

Growth hormone secretion and muscle mass decline from midpuberty throughout life, culminating in sarcopenia, frailty, decreased function, and loss of independence. The decline of growth hormone in the development of sarcopenia is one of many factors, and its etiologic role needs to be demonstrated.

OBJECTIVE:
To determine whether MK-677, an oral ghrelin mimetic, increases growth hormone secretion into the young-adult range without serious adverse effects, prevents the decline of fat-free mass, and decreases abdominal visceral fat in healthy older adults.

DESIGN:
2-year, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, modified-crossover clinical trial.

SETTING:
General clinical research center study performed at a university hospital.

PARTICIPANTS:
65 healthy adults (men, women receiving hormone replacement therapy, and women not receiving hormone replacement therapy) ranging from 60 to 81 years of age.

INTERVENTION:
Oral administration of MK-677, 25 mg, or placebo once daily.

MEASUREMENTS:
Growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor I levels. Fat-free mass and abdominal visceral fat were the primary end points after 1 year of treatment. Other end points were body weight, fat mass, insulin sensitivity, lipid and cortisol levels, bone mineral density, limb lean and fat mass, isokinetic strength, function, and quality of life. All end points were assessed at baseline and every 6 months.

RESULTS:
Daily administration of MK-677 significantly increased growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor I levels to those of healthy young adults without serious adverse effects. Mean fat-free mass decreased in the placebo group but increased in the MK-677 group (change, -0.5 kg [95% CI, -1.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 1.1 kg [CI, 0.7 to 1.5 kg], respectively; P < 0.001), as did body cell mass, as reflected by intracellular water (change, -1.0 kg [CI, -2.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 0.8 kg [CI, -0.1 to 1.6 kg], respectively; P = 0.021). No significant differences were observed in abdominal visceral fat or total fat mass; however, the average increase in limb fat was greater in the MK-677 group than the placebo group (1.1 kg vs. 0.24 kg; P = 0.001). Body weight increased 0.8 kg (CI, -0.3 to 1.8 kg) in the placebo group and 2.7 kg (CI, 2.0 to 3.5 kg) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.003). Fasting blood glucose level increased an average of 0.3 mmol/L (5 mg/dL) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.015), and insulin sensitivity decreased. The most frequent side effects were an increase in appetite that subsided in a few months and transient, mild lower-extremity edema and muscle pain. Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels decreased in the MK-677 group relative to baseline values (change, -0.14 mmol/L [CI, -0.27 to -0.01 mmol/L]; -5.4 mg/dL [CI, -10.4 to -0.4 mg/dL]; P = 0.026); no differences between groups were observed in total or high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Cortisol levels increased 47 nmol/L (CI, 28 to 71 nmol/L (1.7 microg/dL [CI, 1.0 to 2.6 microg/dL]) in MK-677 recipients (P = 0.020). Changes in bone mineral density consistent with increased bone remodeling occurred in MK-677 recipients. Increased fat-free mass did not result in changes in strength or function. Two-year exploratory analyses confirmed the 1-year results.

LIMITATION:
Study power (duration and participant number) was insufficient to evaluate functional end points in healthy elderly persons.

CONCLUSION:
Over 12 months, the ghrelin mimetic MK-677 enhanced pulsatile growth hormone secretion, significantly increased fat-free mass, and was generally well tolerated. Long-term functional and, ultimately, pharmacoeconomic, studies in elderly persons are indicated.

Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Growth hormone secretagogue MK-677

Background: In animals, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) increases clearance of β-amyloid, a pathologic hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD), from the CNS. Serum IGF-1 level decreases with age, and shows a further decrease in AD. We examined whether the growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 (ibutamoren mesylate), a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion, slows the rate of progression of symptoms in patients with AD.

Methods: A double-blind, multicenter study was conducted in which 563 patients with mild to moderate AD were randomized to receive MK-677 25 mg or placebo daily for 12 months. Efficacy measures were mean change from baseline at month 12 on the Clinician's Interview Based Impression of Change with caregiver input (CIBIC-plus), the cognitive subscale of the Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale (ADAS-Cog), Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study-Activities of Daily Living (ADCS-ADL), and the Clinical Dementia Rating-sum of boxes (CDR-sob).

Results: A total of 416 patients completed treatment and assessments at 12 months. Administration of MK-677 25 mg resulted in a 60.1% increase in serum IGF-1 levels at 6 weeks and a 72.9% increase at 12 months. In mixed-effects models that included treatment, time (month), randomization strata (baseline MMSE score ≤20 vs >20), and interaction of treatment-by-time, there were no significant differences between the treatment groups on the CIBIC-plus or the mean change from baseline scores on the ADAS-Cog, ADCS-ADL, or CDR-sob scores over 12 months.

Conclusion: Despite evidence of target engagement as indicated by an increase in serum insulin-like growth factor-1, the human growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 25 mg was ineffective at slowing the rate of progression of Alzheimer disease.

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established
Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial.

Growth hormone secretion and muscle mass decline from midpuberty throughout life, culminating in sarcopenia, frailty, decreased function, and loss of independence. The decline of growth hormone in the development of sarcopenia is one of many factors, and its etiologic role needs to be demonstrated.

OBJECTIVE:
To determine whether MK-677, an oral ghrelin mimetic, increases growth hormone secretion into the young-adult range without serious adverse effects, prevents the decline of fat-free mass, and decreases abdominal visceral fat in healthy older adults.

DESIGN:
2-year, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, modified-crossover clinical trial.

SETTING:
General clinical research center study performed at a university hospital.

PARTICIPANTS:
65 healthy adults (men, women receiving hormone replacement therapy, and women not receiving hormone replacement therapy) ranging from 60 to 81 years of age.

INTERVENTION:
Oral administration of MK-677, 25 mg, or placebo once daily.

MEASUREMENTS:
Growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor I levels. Fat-free mass and abdominal visceral fat were the primary end points after 1 year of treatment. Other end points were body weight, fat mass, insulin sensitivity, lipid and cortisol levels, bone mineral density, limb lean and fat mass, isokinetic strength, function, and quality of life. All end points were assessed at baseline and every 6 months.

RESULTS:
Daily administration of MK-677 significantly increased growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor I levels to those of healthy young adults without serious adverse effects. Mean fat-free mass decreased in the placebo group but increased in the MK-677 group (change, -0.5 kg [95% CI, -1.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 1.1 kg [CI, 0.7 to 1.5 kg], respectively; P < 0.001), as did body cell mass, as reflected by intracellular water (change, -1.0 kg [CI, -2.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 0.8 kg [CI, -0.1 to 1.6 kg], respectively; P = 0.021). No significant differences were observed in abdominal visceral fat or total fat mass; however, the average increase in limb fat was greater in the MK-677 group than the placebo group (1.1 kg vs. 0.24 kg; P = 0.001). Body weight increased 0.8 kg (CI, -0.3 to 1.8 kg) in the placebo group and 2.7 kg (CI, 2.0 to 3.5 kg) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.003). Fasting blood glucose level increased an average of 0.3 mmol/L (5 mg/dL) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.015), and insulin sensitivity decreased. The most frequent side effects were an increase in appetite that subsided in a few months and transient, mild lower-extremity edema and muscle pain. Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels decreased in the MK-677 group relative to baseline values (change, -0.14 mmol/L [CI, -0.27 to -0.01 mmol/L]; -5.4 mg/dL [CI, -10.4 to -0.4 mg/dL]; P = 0.026); no differences between groups were observed in total or high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Cortisol levels increased 47 nmol/L (CI, 28 to 71 nmol/L (1.7 microg/dL [CI, 1.0 to 2.6 microg/dL]) in MK-677 recipients (P = 0.020). Changes in bone mineral density consistent with increased bone remodeling occurred in MK-677 recipients. Increased fat-free mass did not result in changes in strength or function. Two-year exploratory analyses confirmed the 1-year results.

LIMITATION:
Study power (duration and participant number) was insufficient to evaluate functional end points in healthy elderly persons.

CONCLUSION:
Over 12 months, the ghrelin mimetic MK-677 enhanced pulsatile growth hormone secretion, significantly increased fat-free mass, and was generally well tolerated. Long-term functional and, ultimately, pharmacoeconomic, studies in elderly persons are indicated.

Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Background: In animals, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) increases clearance of β-amyloid, a pathologic hallmark of Alzheimer disease (AD), from the CNS. Serum IGF-1 level decreases with age, and shows a further decrease in AD. We examined whether the growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 (ibutamoren mesylate), a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion, slows the rate of progression of symptoms in patients with AD.

Methods: A double-blind, multicenter study was conducted in which 563 patients with mild to moderate AD were randomized to receive MK-677 25 mg or placebo daily for 12 months. Efficacy measures were mean change from baseline at month 12 on the Clinician's Interview Based Impression of Change with caregiver input (CIBIC-plus), the cognitive subscale of the Alzheimer's Disease Assessment Scale (ADAS-Cog), Alzheimer's Disease Cooperative Study-Activities of Daily Living (ADCS-ADL), and the Clinical Dementia Rating-sum of boxes (CDR-sob).

Results: A total of 416 patients completed treatment and assessments at 12 months. Administration of MK-677 25 mg resulted in a 60.1% increase in serum IGF-1 levels at 6 weeks and a 72.9% increase at 12 months. In mixed-effects models that included treatment, time (month), randomization strata (baseline MMSE score ≤20 vs >20), and interaction of treatment-by-time, there were no significant differences between the treatment groups on the CIBIC-plus or the mean change from baseline scores on the ADAS-Cog, ADCS-ADL, or CDR-sob scores over 12 months.

Conclusion: Despite evidence of target engagement as indicated by an increase in serum insulin-like growth factor-1, the human growth hormone secretagogue MK-677 25 mg was ineffective at slowing the rate of progression of Alzheimer disease.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing BeastFitness!

Interesting that "Cortisol levels increased [...] in MK-677 recipients." Cortisol is catabolic. At the same time "MK-677 [is] a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion" which helps with muscle building. So if cortisol levels could be decreased, MK-677 should, theoretically, provide more help.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards

Interesting that "Cortisol levels increased [...] in MK-677 recipients." Cortisol is catabolic. At the same time "MK-677 [is] a potent inducer of IGF-1 secretion" which helps with muscle building. So if cortisol levels could be decreased, MK-677 should, theoretically, provide more help.

Not a problem!

Thats actually 1 of the reasons I recommend my clients to take 10mgs of melatonin with their MK.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Btw your the man. This is a grewt post as usual

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Ive been doing 3mg with my 25mk prebed for a while now. Guess ill bump it up.
Remember, when your body recognizes elevated hgh levels it releases somatostatin to inhibit the it. As melatonin is a somatostatin inhibitor, the combination will give you with more active HGH

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Remember, when your body recognizes elevated hgh levels it releases somatostatin to inhibit the it. As melatonin is a somatostatin inhibitor, the combination will give you with more active HGH
I understand. Ive been doing green tea extract and huperzine a 200mg three times a day and then the 3mg melatonan at night. Im going to up it to 10. Thanks brother

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I understand. Ive been doing green tea extract and huperzine a 200mg three times a day and then the 3mg melatonan at night. Im going to up it to 10. Thanks brother
Anytime!

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I love the MK, but I could have sworn that other studies had shown that it had no effect on cortisol. This could explain the retention of water in the middle, though. Time to do some digging once I'm done at the gym this evening.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
How is the level of ravenousness on 10mg vs 25mg?

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I did 25 for some months and got used to keeping food with me at all times. My cooler was always next to my desk. You can easily go from hungry to hangry in just the time it takes to cook let alone waiting until a break at work or something.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Subbed for info. Great post
Thanks man!

Right on!

I love the MK, but I could have sworn that other studies had shown that it had no effect on cortisol. This could explain the retention of water in the middle, though. Time to do some digging once I'm done at the gym this evening.
This is something that is very inter-person dependent. Meaning, if someone has naturally higher levels of cortisol (which I'd advise having testing done to verify) they will have these symptoms and will have the water retention. Where as others have very tremendous genetics and lower cortisol levels in general, they don't get an bad "bloat" from it. Theres some good literature on cortisol out there…highly suggest reading as much as possible!

Person dependent. I've had some client literally binge for 5 days on only 7.5mgs and others handling 35mgs and see zero appetite increase. Some simply handle it better than others. I always advise starting low and building up from that point to assess tolerance.

I did 25 for some months and got used to keeping food with me at all times. My cooler was always next to my desk. You can easily go from hungry to hangry in just the time it takes to cook let alone waiting until a break at work or something.
HAHAH!!! So true…smart move ;) as long as you increase food slowly you won't gain a crazy amount of body fat like some people do (and they blame it on the "bloat" when in reality they ate too much and just got fat…need to have a game plan and self control.)

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
HAHAH!!! So true…smart move ;) as long as you increase food slowly you won't gain a crazy amount of body fat like some people do (and they blame it on the "bloat" when in reality they ate too much and just got fat…need to have a game plan and self control.)
If you're eating super clean it helps. When I came off the MK (literally just too expensive, had to buy all my cycle support for this run) I lost about 4lbs of bloat in three days. I'm assuming that was all water because I dried way out. Everything else stayed, though.

But yes, the self control. It will make you crave carbs awful bad. Just push through it and you get to where you're hungry for absolutely anything.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
If you're eating super clean it helps. When I came off the MK (literally just too expensive, had to buy all my cycle support for this run) I lost about 4lbs of bloat in three days. I'm assuming that was all water because I dried way out. Everything else stayed, though.

But yes, the self control. It will make you crave carbs awful bad. Just push through it and you get to where you're hungry for absolutely anything.
Exactly! Typically the first 10 days are the hardest to push through

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This is something that is very inter-person dependent. Meaning, if someone has naturally higher levels of cortisol (which I'd advise having testing done to verify) they will have these symptoms and will have the water retention. Where as others have very tremendous genetics and lower cortisol levels in general, they don't get an bad "bloat" from it. Theres some good literature on cortisol out there…highly suggest reading as much as possible!

Person dependent. I've had some client literally binge for 5 days on only 7.5mgs and others handling 35mgs and see zero appetite increase. Some simply handle it better than others. I always advise starting low and building up from that point to assess tolerance.

Thanks for the anecdotes - glad to see other people get zero sides from MK too. I don't get any and was hoping my (two different) products weren't bunk :)

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
How did you came up with 10 mg for melatonin?
I've been playing around with my melatonin dosage and found that my sleep is better with smaller amounts, aprx <1,5 mg .

But it was a long time ago I tested a high dose like 10 and I've just started to use MK again so I may try bump the dosage.
But you recommend that much in a stack with MK?
Thanks in advance!

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
I've been playing around with my melatonin dosage and found that my sleep is better with smaller amounts, aprx <1,5 mg .

But it was a long time ago I tested a high dose like 10 and I've just started to use MK again so I may try bump the dosage.
Thanks in advance!

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established

Not a problem!

Thats actually 1 of the reasons I recommend my clients to take 10mgs of melatonin with their MK.
In the process of doing some research on Laxogenin, I came across the claim that Laxo has cortisol controlling properties, so MK-677 could be used along with Laxo to minimize any cortisol issues.
Laxo is a plant based steroid, but apparently it does not affect the hormones, therefore there should be no issues with T suppression or PCT requirements, making it safe and ideal for off-cycle use along with MK-677.

This combination could take advantage of the IGF-1 increase, while minimizing the cortisol side effects.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Uhhh... I don't see very many positives in this study

Mean fat-free mass decreased in the placebo group but increased in the MK-677 group (change, -0.5 kg [95% CI, -1.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 1.1 kg [CI, 0.7 to 1.5 kg], respectively; P < 0.001), as did body cell mass, as reflected by intracellular water (change, -1.0 kg [CI, -2.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 0.8 kg [CI, -0.1 to 1.6 kg], respectively; P = 0.021). No significant differences were observed in abdominal visceral fat or total fat mass; however, the average increase in limb fat was greater in the MK-677 group than the placebo group (1.1 kg vs. 0.24 kg; P = 0.001). Body weight increased 0.8 kg (CI, -0.3 to 1.8 kg) in the placebo group and 2.7 kg (CI, 2.0 to 3.5 kg) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.003). Fasting blood glucose level increased an average of 0.3 mmol/L (5 mg/dL) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.015), and insulin sensitivity decreased. The most frequent side effects were an increase in appetite that subsided in a few months and transient, mild lower-extremity edema and muscle pain. Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels decreased in the MK-677 group relative to baseline values that's good (change, -0.14 mmol/L [CI, -0.27 to -0.01 mmol/L]; -5.4 mg/dL [CI, -10.4 to -0.4 mg/dL]; P = 0.026); no differences between groups were observed in total or high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Cortisol levels increased 47 nmol/L (CI, 28 to 71 nmol/L (1.7 microg/dL [CI, 1.0 to 2.6 microg/dL]) in MK-677 recipients (P = 0.020).
So, increased fat in limbs and overall boost in fat free mass, increased cortisol, fasting blood glucose increase, excess water weight in the lower extremities and muscle pain. The LDL cholesterol lowering was good, but I don't see anything else good about this study. Maybe increased appetite. Any lean muscle mass gain? I'll find the full study and take a look.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The full text was free, so I attached it (PDF). I don't have time to give it a full read right now, but if anyone else wants to, feel free.

Attachments

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
In the process of doing some research on Laxogenin, I came across the claim that Laxo has cortisol controlling properties, so MK-677 could be used along with Laxo to minimize any cortisol issues.
Laxo is a plant based steroid, but apparently it does not affect the hormones, therefore there should be no issues with T suppression or PCT requirements, making it safe and ideal for off-cycle use along with MK-677.

This combination could take advantage of the IGF-1 increase, while minimizing the cortisol side effects.
I just started taking Laxogenin for PCT and have been taking MK-677 for about 4 months straight now. I'm taking Reduce XT for PCT as well along with Sup3r PCT and Test1fy Pro. Added in Hup-A about 2 weeks ago. We'll see what happens!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Sorry for the long delay in responses guys! Weekends are busy days with clients and grad school research so I'm not as active online

Thanks for the anecdotes - glad to see other people get zero sides from MK too. I don't get any and was hoping my (two different) products weren't bunk :)
Not a problem man! Everyone reacts differently so its all about finding what gives you the best effects with minimal side effects

Thanks in advance!
Melatonin inhibits somatostatin (which prevents it from binding to your free circulating HGH.) I've honestly tried many different somatostatin inhibitors with roughly 50-75 various clients and with MK, I've found a dosage of roughly 8-10mgs of melatonin had the best effects when using 25mgs of MK. Obviously if the MK is lower, melatonin will be lower (this is mostly anecdotal as the research goes back and forth.)

Melatonin stimulates growth hormone secretion through pathways other than the growth hormone-releasing hormone.

OBJECTIVE:
There is evidence that melatonin plays a role in the regulation of GH secretion. The aim of this study was to investigate the neuroendocrine mechanisms by which melatonin modulates GH secretion. Thus we assessed the effect of oral melatonin on the GH responses to GHRH administration and compared the effects of melatonin with those of pyridostigmine, a cholinergic agonist drug which is likely to suppress hypothalamic somatostatin release.
DESIGN:
The study consisted of four protocols carried out during the afternoon hours. Study 1: oral melatonin (10 mg) or placebo were administered 60 minutes prior to GHRH (100 micrograms i.v. bolus). Study 2: GHRH (100 micrograms i.v. bolus) or placebo were administered at 0 minutes; oral melatonin or placebo were given at 60 minutes and were followed by a second GHRH stimulus (100 micrograms i.v. bolus) at 120 minutes. Study 3: placebo; oral melatonin (10 mg); oral pyridostigmine (120 mg); melatonin (10 mg) plus pyridostigmine (120 mg) were administered on separate occasions. Study 4: placebo; oral melatonin (10 mg); oral pyridostigmine (120 mg); melatonin (10 mg) plus pyridostigmine (120 mg) were administered on separate occasions 60 minutes prior to a submaximal dose (3 micrograms i.v. bolus) of GHRH.
SUBJECTS:
Four groups of eight normal male subjects, ages 22-35 years, were randomly assigned to each protocol.
MEASUREMENTS:
Growth hormone was measured by RIA at 15-minute intervals.
RESULTS:
Oral melatonin administration had a weak stimulatory effect on GH basal levels. Prior melatonin administration approximately doubled the GH release induced by supramaximal (100 micrograms) or submaximal (3 micrograms) doses of GHRH. Melatonin administration restored the GH response to a second GHRH challenge, given 120 minutes after a first GHRH i.v. bolus. The GH releasing effects of pyridostigmine, either alone or followed by GHRH, were greater than those of melatonin. However, the simultaneous administration of melatonin and pyridostigmine was not followed by any further enhancement of GH release, either in the absence or in the presence of exogenous GHRH.
CONCLUSIONS:
Our data indicate that oral administration of melatonin to normal human males increases basal GH release and GH responsiveness to GHRH through the same pathways as pyridostigmine. Therefore it is likely that melatonin plays this facilitatory role at the hypothalamic level by inhibiting endogenous somatostatin release, although with a lower potency than pyridostigmine. The physiological role of melatonin in GH neuroregulation remains to be established.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8370132

I've heard of some actually utilizing this but haven't heard any results…I have no experience utilizing the two but the research and theory does make it intriguing!

Uhhh... I don't see very many positives in this study

So, increased fat in limbs and overall boost in fat free mass, increased cortisol, fasting blood glucose increase, excess water weight in the lower extremities and muscle pain. The LDL cholesterol lowering was good, but I don't see anything else good about this study. Maybe increased appetite. Any lean muscle mass gain? I'll find the full study and take a look.
The full text was free, so I attached it (PDF). I don't have time to give it a full read right now, but if anyone else wants to, feel free.
Remember that 1 bit of research isn't the end all be all on any subject matter. I would read the full text as well as look into some other studies and anecdotal evidence. Theres more than enough information out there on its benefits and negative side effects…always best to know every angle! :)

I just started taking Laxogenin for PCT and have been taking MK-677 for about 4 months straight now. I'm taking Reduce XT for PCT as well along with Sup3r PCT and Test1fy Pro. Added in Hup-A about 2 weeks ago. We'll see what happens!
Nice! Let us know!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BeastFitness is melatonan the only thing you prescribe your clients for somatostaitin inhibition?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
BeastFitness is melatonan the only thing you prescribe your clients for somatostaitin inhibition?
Definitely not! There is a tremendous LONG list (which I'll list below courtesy of RussianStar) but the best ones (depending on which peptide your using) are:

Melatonin
Huperzine A
Horny Goat Weed
ECGC (combined with Huperzine A or Horny Goat Weed)

Physostigmine
Neostigmine
Pyridostigmine
Ambenonium
Demarcarium
Rivastigmine
Phenanthrene derivatives
Galantamine
Piperidines
Donepezil, also known as E2020
Tacrine, also known as tetrahydroaminoacridine (THA')
Edrophonium
Ladostigil

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely not! There is a tremendous LONG list (which I'll list below courtesy of RussianStar) but the best ones (depending on which peptide your using) are:

Melatonin
Huperzine A
Horny Goat Weed
ECGC (combined with Huperzine A or Horny Goat Weed)

Physostigmine
Neostigmine
Pyridostigmine
Ambenonium
Demarcarium
Rivastigmine
Phenanthrene derivatives
Galantamine
Piperidines
Donepezil, also known as E2020
Tacrine, also known as tetrahydroaminoacridine (THA')
Edrophonium
Ladostigil
Lol got it. I used this as my reference when i first started running.

Spanner

Awards
Worried about increase fasting glucose and decreased insulin sensitivity in first study.
What say you Beasty?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Worried about increase fasting glucose and decreased insulin sensitivity in first study.
What say you Beasty?
This is why keeping an eye on fasted blood glucose levels is important. Not only that but many incorporate this within a slin protocol (similar to why you incorporate slin with gh) to counteract the decreased insulin sensitivity.

I've seen people only able to tolerate MK for 1 month before BG levels got out of range and we had to pull back. Typically dropping down to a lower dosage or even an EOD dosage corrects the problem

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is why keeping an eye on fasted blood glucose levels is important. Not only that but many incorporate this within a slin protocol (similar to why you incorporate slin with gh) to counteract the decreased insulin sensitivity.

I've seen people only able to tolerate MK for 1 month before BG levels got out of range and we had to pull back. Typically dropping down to a lower dosage or even an EOD dosage corrects the problem
So, if I'm planning on running MK should I get a blood glucose monitor, similar to the one diabetics use to check their glucose levels? I don't know anything about this, so what's a good/bad range and how often should you check it?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
So, if I'm planning on running MK should I get a blood glucose monitor, similar to the one diabetics use to check their glucose levels? I don't know anything about this, so what's a good/bad range and how often should you check it?
Definitely! Just get one at walmart…shouldn't be too expensive in all honestly. Get a base line number before you begin MK then check it every week to see how your fasted levels change

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I think it's over-kill, but every time I mess around with the wife's BGM. I'm in the upper 70's. If you research fasted glucose numbers - there's a lot of whacky stuff out there like anything over 60 and you will die young (LOL), etc... So don't get too hung up on how low it is, just worry if it's high.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Definitely! Just get one at walmart…shouldn't be too expensive in all honestly. Get a base line number before you begin MK then check it every week to see how your fasted levels change
What's the range of a good fasted level vs one that's too elevated to continue MK677, in your opinion?

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
What's the range of a good fasted level vs one that's too elevated to continue MK677, in your opinion?
First you need to base it ALL off your baseline numbers. In general, 80-100 is normal, 100-125 is pre diabetic, 125+ is diabetic. You need to see. You may have fasted baseline levels of 65 or 90..we don't know. Typically a good range is don't let your numbers get 15-20+ OUT of your baseline range but again, if your baseline is 110+ than it would be less.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
I think it's over-kill, but every time I mess around with the wife's BGM. I'm in the upper 70's. If you research fasted glucose numbers - there's a lot of whacky stuff out there like anything over 60 and you will die young (LOL), etc... So don't get too hung up on how low it is, just worry if it's high.

YES! Worry mainly about the high numbers as low numbers are easier to manage than high

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First you need to base it ALL off your baseline numbers. In general, 80-100 is normal, 100-125 is pre diabetic, 125+ is diabetic. You need to see. You may have fasted baseline levels of 65 or 90..we don't know. Typically a good range is don't let your numbers get 15-20+ OUT of your baseline range but again, if your baseline is 110+ than it would be less.
Do you take fastest glucose measurements first thing in the morning? Also, it's a finger tip prick, right? Is there anywhere else you can prick? I hate doing the finger.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Do you take fastest glucose measurements first thing in the morning? Also, it's a finger tip prick, right? Is there anywhere else you can prick? I hate doing the finger.
Yes fasted. And no it doesn't matter…blood is blood but finger is usually easiest