Testosterone flu

patriotjuice

Awards
Looks like I've come down with the test flu, 102 fever. Sore muscles, chills, headache, sore joints

What exactly causes this so I can avoid it in the future.

Is it using a new lab, using too much, impurities etc?

I did just start a new lab I've never used before
Injected 2ml (500mg)
On Sunday and Thursday I woke up with severe body aches and all the symptoms I've stated above.

I've been resting and taking Tylenol but it got so bad last night I had to call into work this morning.

How can I avoid this? Inject less and space it out, or is something that passes when you get used to the new lab?

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What was your cycle laid out like? Why 500mg at once? What all are you taking?

patriotjuice

Awards
What was your cycle laid out like? Why 500mg at once? What all are you taking?
I am doing a blast and cruise just on test E right now. Going to be doing 250mg twice a week
I switched labs for a reason that's too long to explain but I didn't do my math on how long my supply would take and the order of my new lab arrived late than I thought so I missed a week of injections so I just went ahead and did 500mg at once instead of spread out over 2 shots in a week

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I am doing a blast and cruise just on test E right now. Going to be doing 250mg twice a week
I switched labs for a reason that's too long to explain but I didn't do my math on how long my supply would take and the order of my new lab arrived late than I thought so I missed a week of injections so I just went ahead and did 500mg at once instead of spread out over 2 shots in a week
Well that's one way to make your hormones go on a roller coaster

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Once your body adjust you should be good.
If your using an ai, drop it cold turkey until you feel 100%

patriotjuice

Awards
Anyone ever experience extremely sore, bruised feeling, weak and pain in the muscle from test flu?
I am still hurting in all my muscle and it's not from anything I did in the gym
Muscle I haven't even worked since 4 days before I came down with this, they weren't sore until Thursday so I know for sure its not from the gym

I can't even grip things correctly because my hand muscles are so messed up sake for my wrist
Everything hurts! I may go to the Doctor tomorrow because this seems too severe for a test flu but o could be wrong
Any feedback would be great

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like you have the actual flu virus or similar.
How's the injection site(s)

patriotjuice

Awards
Sounds like you have the actual flu virus or similar.
How's the injection site(s)

Injection site is fine, some PIP but no more than normal and it went away 48 hours after injection

I'm not over eggersting when I say how sore and weak my muscles are its like nothing before. And I've been one to get the flu multiple times a year
Probably should get this checked out...:

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are so many things it could be, best to talk to your doc and get some tests done. It could just be a virus, or a vitamin deficiency. Hope you feel better soon

patriotjuice

Awards
Got blood work done and CK levels came back really elevated test wouldn't cause this would it?

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Grabbed this from a post on another forum I've been a member of for a few years.

"Likely from extreme exercise and unrelated to steroid use.

You should be checked to make sure you don't have a polymyopathy though. An aldolase should be checked after you recover.

I rarely admit rhabdo patients (rhabdomyolysis) unless their CPK is >6,000 or they have myoglobinuria, acute renal failure, etc. If you have evidence of ARF or have myoglobin in your urine, you'll get admitted by me with a CPK of only 500.

The statistics we learned during residency is that 30% of people with a CPK >6,000 will develop ARF, and 90% with a CPK >20,000 will develop ARF.

One of our new tactical docs mentioned during residency having a CPK of 17,000 while on a statin and resuming exercise again. He said he was sent home with it and told to hydrate himself. He said he never developed ARF. The discussion came up when one of our team members was in the ER after a training exercise. He dislocated his shoulder, and for some reason they checked labs on him while awaiting X-rays and giving him morphine through his IV. His CPK came back at 8,000, and I was amazed that the doc didn't want to admit him. The new doc mentioned what his was and said "it's not a big deal as long as the person is trustworthy to hydrate themselves at home." Maybe the next rhabdo I see I'll reconsider it. He said he only admits for >20,000."

patriotjuice

Awards
Grabbed this from a post on another forum I've been a member of for a few years.

"Likely from extreme exercise and unrelated to steroid use.

You should be checked to make sure you don't have a polymyopathy though. An aldolase should be checked after you recover.

I rarely admit rhabdo patients (rhabdomyolysis) unless their CPK is >6,000 or they have myoglobinuria, acute renal failure, etc. If you have evidence of ARF or have myoglobin in your urine, you'll get admitted by me with a CPK of only 500.

The statistics we learned during residency is that 30% of people with a CPK >6,000 will develop ARF, and 90% with a CPK >20,000 will develop ARF.

One of our new tactical docs mentioned during residency having a CPK of 17,000 while on a statin and resuming exercise again. He said he was sent home with it and told to hydrate himself. He said he never developed ARF. The discussion came up when one of our team members was in the ER after a training exercise. He dislocated his shoulder, and for some reason they checked labs on him while awaiting X-rays and giving him morphine through his IV. His CPK came back at 8,000, and I was amazed that the doc didn't want to admit him. The new doc mentioned what his was and said "it's not a big deal as long as the person is trustworthy to hydrate themselves at home." Maybe the next rhabdo I see I'll reconsider it. He said he only admits for >20,000."

Ya so I'm not gonna lie, this just confused the living heck out of me

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
CK is increased by muscle destruction. Injecting a foreign body into muscle can do this. Working out can do this. If CK goes too high, you can go into renal failure. But "too high" is generally REALLY high CPK

patriotjuice

Awards
CK is increased by muscle destruction. Injecting a foreign body into muscle can do this. Working out can do this. If CK goes too high, you can go into renal failure. But "too high" is generally REALLY high CPK

I've been using test e for 3 years and have never had this. Could it be the new lab?

Should I stop using the new lab?