Sprinting SARMS

GavinStevens

Awards
I got at this in the anti-aging forum, but thought I'd ask everyone here:

If you were to pick a SARM for the 100-200 meters - events with no significant aerobic component, so endurance in the traditional sense is irrelevant - which would it be?

RAD
Osta
S4
LGD?

Goal of sprinting is to increase mass-specific force - adding as much strength with as little weight as possible.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I would get creatine and work on your deadlifts. I would then go to barnes and noble and buy Pavel Tsatsouline book. Youll be better off

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree that a proper training program is essential. Pavel's books are very good.

As far as what your asking I'd go with osta if your wanting the most strength with as little weight gain. Or you could run 3-4 weeks of RAD into 6 weeks of Osta

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I agree that a proper training program is essential. Pavel's books are very good.

As far as what your asking I'd go with osta if your wanting the most strength with as little weight gain. Or you could run 3-4 weeks of RAD into 6 weeks of Osta
it actually isnt a bad idea, because every log that i have seen or hear people talking, they have never ever used a sarm geared towards msf- be an interesting log

UncleSarm

UncleSarm

Awards
  • Established

it actually isnt a bad idea, because every log that i have seen or hear people talking, they have never ever used a sarm geared towards msf- be an interesting log
I was thinking the same. Osta might be a good choice and I would love to see this being logged.
Although, as a sprinter you would want to gain mass in your thigh muscles, so maybe LGD might be a good choice. If you're working mostly legs and not upper body, would your results be different? I mean, you wouldn't make gains in body parts you're not working, right?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it would be interesting as well. Start with some RAD to get the strength up really fast. I didn't notice the same as results as far as strength from the LGD.

Again I think RAD into osta would be very interesting.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
it would have to coincide with stride rate and stride speed- i think- but would be interesting

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
well there you go and look you have a phw rep here with a 10% off code- log away bro

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well there you go and look you have a phw rep here with a 10% off code- log away bro
Well thanks for the shout out. But I can get you a better code for the rest of the SARMs available.

GavinStevens

Awards
Thanks for the responses.

I'm already on creatine. Been on a Charlie Francis-style program for a few years. Just found out I've got low T and have been essentially spinning my wheels for the last 3 years. I've got this idea that I can make up for lost time by SARMing. It depends on what sort of hormone treatment I'm prescribed though.

If I get put on a SERM (likely, per my doc) I'll forgo the SARM.
If I get put on TRT, I'll go with the Rad + Osta.

I think

GavinStevens

Awards
I was thinking the same. Osta might be a good choice and I would love to see this being logged.
Although, as a sprinter you would want to gain mass in your thigh muscles, so maybe LGD might be a good choice. If you're working mostly legs and not upper body, would your results be different? I mean, you wouldn't make gains in body parts you're not working, right?
With the sprints, you're primarily working the hamstrings as extensors of the hips. At the start, there's more quad activation.
Shoulders/arms are used to counterbalance the rotation at the hips. It's actually fascinating when you understand the mechanics of it.

There's nothing wrong with gaining mass, as long as the strength gains are proportional. At some point, they're not and additional mass is just more weight to push down the track.

Ben Johnson was something like 5'10, 170 lbs. I guess 7% bf. Much smaller than he looked, but incredibly powerful for his size.

GavinStevens

Awards
Any thoughts on how MK-677 might impact a sprinter?

I know a lot of sprinters are on growth hormone injections (see the Dwain Chambers protocol by Conte) but I'm not sure if a secretagogue like MK-677 would provide any noticeable benefits.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes MK-677 would help. I've been to taking 10mg every night for almost 3.5 months. I've been seeing amazing sleep even at 5-7 hours a night. I can't tell you as far as gains go, because I'm running many other things.