Does Adderall boost Testosterone?

muscleless

Awards
Really basic question here. After scrolling around random ADD forums on the internet, i have concluded NOBODY on any of those forums had the slightest idea what they were talking about. So i stopped by to ask the good people at Anabolic Minds.

I started adderall this year for extreme ADD. It works great, no problems. I have noticed one thing however, my voice. It has dropped several notes down over the last week or so. Probably just my imagination but it got me thinking, how does adderall effect testosterone?

Amphetamines boost dopamine, which i have heard indirectly raises test. I have also heard it increases cAMP sensitivity, which apparently does the same thing? The ADD forums all said ass backwards things and could not agree on one thing. Half said it raises test, the other says it lowers it, it doesnt do anything, etc. All theoretical here, not saying i have any plans to use it this way because i actually have horrendous add/adhd, and there are exponentially better and cheaper ways to raise test haha.

Just my own curiosity.

Last edited:
Volcanus

Volcanus

Awards
I've been on Adderall for 2+ years now. For me, I can't say that it has directly influenced my test levels.
What it HAS done for me is it helped me increase my drive and willpower to get my @$$ to the gym on a regular basis.
I went from working out every January (as my new years resolution which gradually fizzled out) to working out year round, 2-3 times per week. And as we all know, working out and lifting heavy weights can help naturally increase test levels.
So I guess in an indirect way, Adderall helped me increase my test levels. But not in and of itself.

P.S. It curbed my appetite for the first year. After that, my appetite went back to normal. I have no problem eating the calories needed for my workout program.

Darlz

Awards
Was on Adderall when I was younger and it had SEVERE effects on my appetite and my stomach. I could never use this and train the way I do now....

kristinapls

Awards
I "self medicated" for several months when I was much younger and ended up around 130lbs 10%bf. Given the amount of muscle I lost (mostly due to loss of appetite) I definitely don't think it increases testosterone. More than likely it has no measurable effect on it.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I've used adderall quite a bit over the years (up to 40mg of XR everyday) and I can say conclusively with bloods to back it up, it has very little if any effect on total or free test positve or negative.

It makes a great pre-workout, but can be hazardous to your health so I am not recommending people do that, also you really have to remember to eat while you are on it and it cam wreck your sleep if ypu take it at the wrong time (especially the XR)