Female Ostarine safety??

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So with me getting into SARMS now, having run OL Ostarine and just starting OL MK/LGD; the girlfriend has gotten interested in dabbling with SARMS. She's a NPC bikini competitor and wants to bring herself up this offseason and bulk a little. She's seen a few of the bikini competitors she follows as well as local girls using it but upon some of my research I found some safety concerns with women being mentioned.

Is there any validity or information to back up that there are in fact safety concerns with females running ostarine and possibly causing permanent infertility? Or androgen related sides?

In the event she runs it I would have her at 5-10mg a day for a 6-8 week run more then likely. Any thoughts?

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
So with me getting into SARMS now, having run OL Ostarine and just starting OL MK/LGD; the girlfriend has gotten interested in dabbling with SARMS. She's a NPC bikini competitor and wants to bring herself up this offseason and bulk a little. She's seen a few of the bikini competitors she follows as well as local girls using it but upon some of my research I found some safety concerns with women being mentioned.

Is there any validity or information to back up that there are in fact safety concerns with females running ostarine and possibly causing permanent infertility? Or androgen related sides?

In the event she runs it I would have her at 5-10mg a day for a 6-8 week run more then likely. Any thoughts?
Idk much about sarms, especially when it comes to females using it but I'm highly against girls taking hormonal chit, especially stuff designed particularly for men. If she wants to cut put her on some fat burner or something lmao

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's not good. There is a guy on here that knows all about this. I'd tag him but forget his username. Someone else might remember it, starts with an "S" Samario or something like that.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There are several threads around here but the general census is that if a woman is still looking to have children it's better to be safe and stay away as there is a possibility it might could cause defects. No studies on women but rather be safe! I ran it last fall and enjoyed it a lot! I am not having any more children though.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are several threads around here but the general census is that if a woman is still looking to have children it's better to be safe and stay away as there is a possibility it might could cause defects. No studies on women but rather be safe! I ran it last fall and enjoyed it a lot! I am not having any more children though.
This is something to the extent of what I was referring to. I guess maybe she can try epicatechin and laxogenin as a boost instead.

Any experience with either?

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
I looked into laxogenin before and backed out of it..From what I heard, a slight increase in endurance was really the only benefit.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I looked into laxogenin before and backed out of it..From what I heard, a slight increase in endurance was really the only benefit.
I'm considering it's effects to a female. I know OL strength and epic are popular

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
sanmarino

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
sanmarino
You guys gave the answer.
Ostarine is based on Bicalutamide, a drug for men with prostata carcinoma (works as anti-androgenic compound). It is absolutely not for women and also not (!) for pregnant woman (It's a "pregnancy X" drug). What means "pregnancy X"?
Studies in animals or human beings have demonstrated fetal abnormalities, or there is evidence of fetal risk based on human experience or both, and the risk of the use of the drug in pregnant women clearly outweighs any possible benefit. The drug is contraindicated in women who are or may become pregnant.
I also wrote AstraZeneca especially because of this topic and they told me again, that this drug is absolutely not for woman. We are talking here only about the view as a woman and not as a man, which is another case.

So, while Ostarine is a derivative there are only two options: the new derivative "lost" the effect of Bicalutamide regarding the teratogenic effects or the teratogenic effect is at the same level or even worser: we and the researcher absolutely can't say that for sure.

In Ostarine studies, the drug was given in the early 2008 to only eldery person. Nowadays, 9mg and 18mg/ed are tested also at >18yrs old women. There is following requirement:
Negative pregnancy test in woman of childbearing potential, [...] no more than 7 days before the first dose of study treatment.
For women of childbearing potential who are sexually active, agreement of use a highly effectice, non-hormonal form of contraception during and for at least 6 months after completion of study treatment; OR, a fertile male partner willing and able to use effective non-hormonal of contraception [...] during and for at least 6 months after completion after study treatment
Remind yourself: this chemical is still in the trials and tested on humans which know about the possible side effects. GTx Inc. and all these companies have secured themselves on the legal way. So if a serious adverse event happens, the participants will see no cent.

There are two ways of view:
A) the naive way. The pharma industry is nowadays much more regulated than in the past decades. With new processes and new technologies they are able to generate the desired substance. When Ostarine in women is tested now, this compound is with high probability safe.
B) the critical thinking. Don't forget that the pharma industry is one of the biggest players out there and nothing but the profit is relevant (more important than in banks). Despite there are new harder rules for all the industries out there, they are always watching out for exploiting loopholes - even the pharma industrie. When you think, Ostarine is safe only because it's in the phase II studies, you are on the wrong way. Fat tail risk also may occur in the final phase IV, when the drug is on the market.

From my opinion, I would never give a Bicalutamid-Derivative like Ostarine or S-4 and S-23 to a woman. The next safe compound regarding teratogenic effects is VK-5211 (former LGD) or RAD-140. It's not worth to play with such mechanics for couple of pounds of muscle mass. There are much safer compounds out there.
I can completely understand that Ostarine is attractive: anabolic effect only, supposedly no androgenic effects, low suppression ect. ect. But when you think you found the holy grail... in the most cases it is not the perfect substance it supposed to be ;)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You guys gave the answer.
Ostarine is based on Bicalutamide, a drug for men with prostata carcinoma (works as anti-androgenic compound). It is absolutely not for women and also not (!) for pregnant woman (It's a "pregnancy X" drug). What means "pregnancy X"?
I also wrote AstraZeneca especially because of this topic and they told me again, that this drug is absolutely not for woman. We are talking here only about the view as a woman and not as a man, which is another case.

So, while Ostarine is a derivative there are only two options: the new derivative "lost" the effect of Bicalutamide regarding the teratogenic effects or the teratogenic effect is at the same level or even worser: we and the researcher absolutely can't say that for sure.

In Ostarine studies, the drug was given in the early 2008 to only eldery person. Nowadays, 9mg and 18mg/ed are tested also at >18yrs old women. There is following requirement:

Remind yourself: this chemical is still in the trials and tested on humans which know about the possible side effects. GTx Inc. and all these companies have secured themselves on the legal way. So if a serious adverse event happens, the participants will see no cent.

There are two ways of view:
A) the naive way. The pharma industry is nowadays much more regulated than in the past decades. With new processes and new technologies they are able to generate the desired substance. When Ostarine in women is tested now, this compound is with high probability safe.
B) the critical thinking. Don't forget that the pharma industry is one of the biggest players out there and nothing but the profit is relevant (more important than in banks). Despite there are new harder rules for all the industries out there, they are always watching out for exploiting loopholes - even the pharma industrie. When you think, Ostarine is safe only because it's in the phase II studies, you are on the wrong way. Fat tail risk also may occur in the final phase IV, when the drug is on the market.

From my opinion, I would never give a Bicalutamid-Derivative like Ostarine or S-4 and S-23 to a woman. The next safe compound regarding teratogenic effects is VK-5211 (former LGD) or RAD-140. It's not worth to play with such mechanics for couple of pounds of muscle mass. There are much safer compounds out there.
I can completely understand that Ostarine is attractive: anabolic effect only, supposedly no androgenic effects, low suppression ect. ect. But when you think you found the holy grail... in the most cases it is not the perfect substance it supposed to be ;)
Excellent post. A lot of people are just irresponsible and looking for instant gratification, without fully researching the product in question...Either that or just ignoring facts.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
So sanmarino let's say, for the sake of argument, that a female is insistent upon utilizing a SARM to accelerate her journey to her goals. Based upon your research which appears extensive, do you believe that there is a SARM currently on the market that would be suitable for a woman to take? Or is it just too early to say?

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
If a woman decides to use Ostarine there could be expected nice results. I know some who use 5mg/ed to max. 10mg/ed. Even 5mg/ed brings pretty very good results. But these are only short term effects, the long term ones are not known.
Theoretically, no SARM based on Bicalutamide should be used by a woman (my opinion). There ist VK-5211 or RAD-140 actually, which could be misused. RAD-140 is more similar to Ostarine than VK. From my point of view, this is a good substitute.

But as you say: the whole SARM story is extremely new and there is no way to predict the long term effect of these SARM. Therefore, my statement refers to muscle mass building in short term.
If you want to take the safe road, use an AAS which is researched for decades. In men, women and children in countless topics, dosages and time intake scheme.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definitely think the general concenous here is that, women who are not done with having children should avoid SARMS in general, however given sanmarino recommendation if they were insistent on utilizing a SARM, lgd would be the safest option provided it's structure.

I think personally for my girl and I, she's just going to try the EP1C and save the SARMS for later in life when maybe more research is around on the side effects in women.

Any other natural products people can recommend for enhancing her off season? Other then the obvious regular supplements, I'm looking at ARA and epicatechin for her currently

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
That would be the safest way. If she want to use exogenic steroids, Oxandrolone would be a good choice (not recommending the usage of anabolic substances). To get real one is very, very important. Most of them - I'm talking from experience - are bunk and a mix of Stanozolole and Metandienone. This is a dangerous cocktail for a woman.
5mg/ed of real Oxandrolone (I think there is still Xtendrol from a mexican pharma company) will have extreme effects on a woman, and for a man not more than 20mg/ed are needed.

Natural products are of course the best option, without doubts. I think, in the right section of AM you will find a lot of helpful ideas of other females :)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure if she is still around but Rosie Chee is the one to go to for female fitness around here. Anytime anyone asks about female fitness, that's who I'd recommend.

Cf19

Awards
I train a girl who use 1 tab 10mgs a day of ostapure and she loved it. As far as health and hormones i don't know I can't be very good. But I can't be as bad as girls on anavar or winny. She's put on 8 lbs lean in her one cycle and kept it all after being off for 8 weeks. It's just a risk that she has to decide if it is worth it or not. Good luck.

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
My woman just finished a cycle of osta and Lgd. She got far better results than on her Var cycle.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm excited for my girl to try something but we're not willing to jepordize her baby making machine lol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure if she is still around but Rosie Chee is the one to go to for female fitness around here. Anytime anyone asks about female fitness, that's who I'd recommend.
Yes, I am still around and thank you for your kind consideration, but in this I am not, nor will be the person to go to, because I would not recommend hormonals for a female, especially for the many reasons many want to use them or simply get a female to use them. People can have all the correct information and recommendations in the world, but if they started out without wanting to listen or hear the truth, then they will do what they will do regardless, and I have no time for those who simply want to waste your time. I have also taken a huge step back from even overseeing or creating or recommending hormonal cycles for anyone, online or otherwise. That is simply not where I want to be.

~Rosie~

dredmentia

Awards
I'm excited for my girl to try something but we're not willing to jepordize her baby making machine lol
Lol but you are willing to jeopardize your own?! It takes two to Tango

dredmentia

Awards
Hey guys I really like this post, I am trying to get my girl back into the gym I actually just got a break in my rates on the gym by reffering her for some black Friday deal. Anyway I'm a little busy right now but what is the general consensus. Obviously a woman taking PH OR DS is most likely not a good idea but what is the verdict on SARMS I would imagine my girlfriend primary goal is cutting right now she has been out of the gym for a bit

I also have ephedra, Clen and t3 she was taking a tiny dose of t3/Clen (40mcg/60mcg) she said she didn't like the way it felt though

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
If you read through this thread you'd have your answer already.

dredmentia

Awards
I'm just asking because the manufacture (Rockhardsuplments) says for women 1 tab daily. Men 2 tabs. They are 12.5mg osta each tab and 25 arminstane (sp?l
)

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Definitely read through this thread, ostarine for women has already been thoroughly discussed.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol but you are willing to jeopardize your own?! It takes two to Tango
Considering that this thread is only showing evidence against female birth related side effects... Uh yeah. Btw, I like how you skip reading and go right to asking the same question already provided despite the attempt to call me out on use lol. Genius, genius, genius!

Palmerfit

Awards
My woman just finished a cycle of osta and Lgd. She got far better results than on her Var cycle.
What was her dosing with LGD do you remember? I did an Ostarine cycle back in Nov/Dec 2015 and it yielded some solid results, so now I'm looking at adding in LGD.
Only trouble is my stack pairs the two and the LGD is 15mg per cap - way way too high

Yourabeast

Awards
SanMarino, what are some examples of those safer compounds?

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
SanMarino, what are some examples of those safer compounds?
All doping substances which are proven in women. That could be Oxandrolone for example. Other substances with the same or higher androgenic ratio like Chlorodehydromethyteststerone (Oral Turinabol) are in my eyes too risky as usage in women (unless you want to to fight e.g. in figure class, the usage of low dosed testosterone is not uncommon).

SARM like RAD-140 or VK-5211 differ from Bicalutamide, therefore no Bicalutamide-induced teratogenic effects are expected.

elrosy

Awards
Hi Sanmorino. Are you still around?

Sorry for posting in an old thread. But I don't see any other way in contacting you as I am a new member.

Have your views about Ostarine use in female change?