Needles question

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I am sure this has been discussed before but I didn't find anything when searching.

I just purchased Monoject SoftPack 1mL 29 Gauge 1/2 Inch Without Safety - Box of 100 for TRT via delts and quads. My delts and quads are farily lean. I can barely pin any skin/fat. I've search the web and I've found conflicting info....some say use at least 1" on delts or quads. Some say they've been using 1/2" for years with no issues and stable bloodwork.

Anybody else use 1/2"? Whats your thoughts on 1/2", does it go deep enough for delts and quads considering I am very lean at those areas?

Thanks

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea it'll be fine.
Those are some tiny needles. Hope your drawing with something bigger.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Yea it'll be fine.
Those are some tiny needles. Hope your drawing with something bigger.
Thanks. I plan on backloading. I just read that 1/2" is boardline between SQ and IM. I guess I should have gotten 1", but its expensive and hard to find 1" 27-29g.

What are/did you use in quad and delts? and glutes?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bd 1" 25g
Syringes are cheap bro. Pack of 25 is like 5$

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
I have 1-1/4 for glutes and quads but I'm prob not as lean as you.

I draw with 18g and pin with 23. Drawing with 23 is sloooooow going so u may wanna draw with something bigger than 25.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I have 1-1/4 for glutes and quads but I'm prob not as lean as you.

I draw with 18g and pin with 23. Drawing with 23 is sloooooow going so u may wanna draw with something bigger than 25.
I did my first hcg shot tonight with 30g 1/2" in left quad. no pain at all. man, 1/2" is so short... I think I might get 1".

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
I haven't pinned HCG but that's supposed to be subq so 1/2 is prob fine but yeah it's pretty short - usually for insulin or IV use.

Grab at least 1" for intramuscular. I think you can use 3/4 for lean delts but I don't do my delts so i can't tell u any personal experience on that.

hide83

Awards
I haven't pinned HCG but that's supposed to be subq so 1/2 is prob fine but yeah it's pretty short - usually for insulin or IV use.

Grab at least 1" for intramuscular. I think you can use 3/4 for lean delts but I don't do my delts so i can't tell u any personal experience on that.
It can be IM or sub q. Most do sub q though

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am sure this has been discussed before but I didn't find anything when searching.

I just purchased Monoject SoftPack 1mL 29 Gauge 1/2 Inch Without Safety - Box of 100 for TRT via delts and quads. My delts and quads are farily lean. I can barely pin any skin/fat. I've search the web and I've found conflicting info....some say use at least 1" on delts or quads. Some say they've been using 1/2" for years with no issues and stable bloodwork.

Anybody else use 1/2"? Whats your thoughts on 1/2", does it go deep enough for delts and quads considering I am very lean at those areas?

Thanks
You're fine. I do the same and have for years. 1/2" slin pin into same (+chest). No clue if I'm hitting muscle or SC layer only but who cares, it's IN YOU.

I push the pin in as far as it will go until the skin creates a dimple then inject. I also wait 5 seconds before pulling it back out or else some oil exits the skin/site.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
You're fine. I do the same and have for years. 1/2" slin pin into same (+chest). No clue if I'm hitting muscle or SC layer only but who cares, it's IN YOU.

I push the pin in as far as it will go until the skin creates a dimple then inject. I also wait 5 seconds before pulling it back out or else some oil exits the skin/site.
After further research, I think 1/2" into certain spots will be outter muscle region & partial SQ.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As long as it's in ya you're good to go.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I devirginized my right quad. I am so surprised how hard I had to push to get test cyp thru 25g. Not sure if smaller needle will work. I'll try next time. Slightest pinch once skin penetrated. No pain other than slight pinch. I kinda accidentally sorta not dosed 180ish mg. oops. Lol

On a serious note, I will be diligent next time to only do 100mg even though prescribed 120mg.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm. Test Cyp should flow through a 25g with extreme ease.

Most brands of Test Cyp also flow through a 29g pin as well but just a little slower.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Test Cyp should flow through a 25g with extreme ease.

Most brands of Test Cyp also flow through a 29g pin as well but just a little slower.
Mine is from a compound pharmacy in Florida. I didn't warm it up at all because pharma grade although the vial was cold to touch as I ran to mailbox as soon as mailman left. Ripped open box and within 2 minutes was no longer a virgin.

I'll warm up next time

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine is from a compound pharmacy in Florida. I didn't warm it up at all because pharma grade although the vial was cold to touch as I ran to mailbox as soon as mailman left. Ripped open box and within 2 minutes was no longer a virgin.

I'll warm up next time
I do not warm up my gear all. Never a need. Good luck ;)

AustBenny

AustBenny

Awards
I never heat mine either but I use 23g to pin. Not a bad thing to have to apply pressure, the longer you take to plunge the better IMO. More chance for the oil to dissipate and less PIP if any.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea, I never have any issues with a whole mix of shiit 25g filled up to 3cc going into glute/quad

zatsiorsky

Awards
I use 25g 5/8 on everything now, but have used the 29 in the past. The real issue for me is patience, takes long even with heated oil, and if using a large dose, you could be using as many as three pins a day.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is no blanket statement as to how thick your oil "should" be. Not all gear is made with grapeseed oil. Different batch, different ratio, could be from same lab and different next time. If it's thick and hard to push, warm it up and get some 23g.