First ever cycle of anything... want to try Ostarine (MK-2866) ONLY

obiwan

Awards
Hey guys, I'm a noob, I've never taken anything stronger than creatine and protein and just want to get some help here.

I'm 40 years old and one of the biggest things that kept me away from stronger substances was the fear of my natural test being suppressed in the long run. However, now I'd like to try an Ostarine (MK-2866) only cycle. The reported minimal suppression and healing factor is very appealing to me, along with a mild recomp.

After doing some research, I'd like to see if the cycle below and pct sound good, please critique:

Weeks 1-12: 25mg Ostarine once each morning
PCT:
Weeks 13-14: Nolva 20mg/day
Weeks 15-16: Nolva 10mg/day

I've also seen some "natural test boosters" being recommended to run during the cycle or just during PCT. Thoughts on this as well please? Anything else you would recommend?

My biggest concern is getting post cycle natural test back up to proper levels. Thanks.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, I'm a noob, I've never taken anything stronger than creatine and protein and just want to get some help here.

I'm 40 years old and one of the biggest things that kept me away from stronger substances was the fear of my natural test being suppressed in the long run. However, now I'd like to try an Ostarine (MK-2866) only cycle. The reported minimal suppression and healing factor is very appealing to me, along with a mild recomp.

After doing some research, I'd like to see if the cycle below and pct sound good, please critique:

Weeks 1-12: 25mg Ostarine once each morning
PCT:
Weeks 13-14: Nolva 20mg/day
Weeks 15-16: Nolva 10mg/day

I've also seen some "natural test boosters" being recommended to run during the cycle or just during PCT. Thoughts on this as well please? Anything else you would recommend?

My biggest concern is getting post cycle natural test back up to proper levels. Thanks.
Welcome to am! Here's a thread to get you going on a little extra info on osta http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/270011-sarms-mk-gw.html
Clomid is much better at restarting the hpta than nolva so if your hpta is a big concern then I would definitely go with clomid. OL super pct is something else you could add to your pct to boost test levels as well.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
OP, if youre going to dose 25mg /d then 'mimimal suppression' is really likely to be 'nigh on fully shut down'.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP, if youre going to dose 25mg /d then 'mimimal suppression' is really likely to be 'nigh on fully shut down'.
^^^very true, especially at 12 weeks

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If his SERM is legit that Clomid should get him back functioning normally tho eh
I just came off of a 17 week cycle and am taking pharma grade clomid. 12 days into pct and everything is going perfect. I will never pct without clomid.

obiwan

Awards
Thank you guys. So it seems at that dose (25mg) for 12 weeks, it would suppress me too much or even shut me down?

Yates, I see this post from you, it sounds like a bit more cautious approach and sounds like maybe I should start here:
Recomp cycle:
Ostarine - 20/20/20/20/25/25/25/25
PCT:
OL Super PCT as indicated on label - WHAT DOSE AND HOW LONG IS INDICATED ON THE LABEL?
Clomid 50/25/25

I've seen conflicting info on this stuff online. Many posts that the effects don't even kick in until week 2-3 and that you need more than an 8 week cycle to get much out of it. I'm currently 6'3", 253 lbs, 18% bodyfat. How "size dependant" is the dosage for this stuff, if at all?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you guys. So it seems at that dose (25mg) for 12 weeks, it would suppress me too much or even shut me down?

Yates, I see this post from you, it sounds like a bit more cautious approach and sounds like maybe I should start here:
Recomp cycle:
Ostarine - 20/20/20/20/25/25/25/25
PCT:
OL Super PCT as indicated on label - WHAT DOSE AND HOW LONG IS INDICATED ON THE LABEL?
Clomid 50/25/25

I've seen conflicting info on this stuff online. Many posts that the effects don't even kick in until week 2-3 and that you need more than an 8 week cycle to get much out of it. I'm currently 6'3", 253 lbs, 18% bodyfat. How "size dependant" is the dosage for this stuff, if at all?
Super pct is 10 caps a day for 30 days. I usually take 5 caps with breakfast and 5 with dinner. Follow my dosing protocol for 8 weeks and you will have a good cycle. Osta works great for me at 15mg and I made significant progress on my last 8 week osta cycle. Hit me up if you have any questions about any of this stuff, will try to get you straight.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
OP, what is concerning you about getting suppressed?

obiwan

Awards
OP, what is concerning you about getting suppressed?
I want and have wanted my natural test to remain as strong as possible, year after year. I just worry about long term effects on the body's hormonal system.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
Clomid is much better at restarting the hpta than nolva so if your hpta is a big concern then I would definitely go with clomid. OL super pct is something else you could add to your pct to boost test levels as well.
I was unaware that clomid was significantly better at restarting the HPTA. Yates providing great info as always. If one were to do say a 4-6 wk cycle of osta at 15mg with super pct and Nolva at 10/10/10, do you think it would be good to go as far as restarting the HPTA and natural test production?

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I want and have wanted my natural test to remain as strong as possible, year after year. I just worry about long term effects on the body's hormonal system.
I dont mean to be alarmist but, anything above 5mg (Im assuming 5mg to be the least you can dose here) will cause suppression to some degree, and just how much is difficult to predict with any certainty. HOWEVER, as the dose gets greater and the cycle longer, so too the likelihood of shutdown increases. Without the appropriate blood tests this becomes impossible to quantify.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was unaware that clomid was significantly better at restarting the HPTA. Yates providing great info as always. If one were to do say a 4-6 wk cycle of osta at 15mg with super pct and Nolva at 10/10/10, do you think it would be good to go as far as restarting the HPTA and natural test production?
I would go 20/10/10 but yes, it will be sufficient. I am not implying that nolva won't restart the hpta, just saying clomid is better at it. Some people just have bad emotional side effects on clomid and this is their reason for staying away and using nolva. Personally, I feel great on clomid!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would get bloodwork as everyone responds differently, but I would imagine that should be fine for 15mg Osta. 20/20/10/10 is typically standard Nolva protocol though. Clomid tends to bring out emotional issues way more in people than Nolva too, so that's a downside for some.

TNlifting

TNlifting

Awards
  • Established
I would go 20/10/10 but yes, it will be sufficient. I am not implying that nolva won't restart the hpta, just saying clomid is better at it. Some people just have bad emotional side effects on clomid and this is their reason for staying away and using nolva. Personally, I feel great on clomid!
I would get bloodwork as everyone responds differently, but I would imagine that should be fine for 15mg Osta. 20/20/10/10 is typically standard Nolva protocol though. Clomid tends to bring out emotional issues way more in people than Nolva too, so that's a downside for some.
Thanks a ton guys! I'm still new to AM so I'm still in the learning process lol but it's a great place here.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bloodwork is always a good idea, especially since this is your first cycle. This way you can establish a baseline to compare your hormones to with after pct bloods.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
OP, the second cycle you listed is a much better idea for a first go around. There is no need for 12 weeks and 25 mg/day of Ostarine. Results can be had with less. As far a not seeing results until 2-3 weeks or longer, my last mini Osta run was appx. 30 days @ 20 mg/day and the results were amazing. I used it as a warm up to an 8 week steroid cycle.

As always, have a legit AI like exemestane on hand (only use if necessary), especially @ 40 years of age, 253lbs and 18% BF.

Also, if you are worried about your natural Test going forward, there is no reason not to throw in a fourth week of Clomid (or Nolva) @ 25 or preferably 12.5 mg. I like to taper this last week even more. No emotional issues with Clomid for me.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP, the second cycle you listed is a much better idea for a first go around. There is no need for 12 weeks and 25 mg/day of Ostarine. Results can be had with less. As far a not seeing results until 2-3 weeks or longer, my last mini Osta run was appx. 30 days @ 20 mg/day and the results were amazing. I used it as a warm up to an 8 week steroid cycle.

As always, have a legit AI like exemestane on hand (only use if necessary), especially @ 40 years of age, 253lbs and 18% BF.

Also, if you are worried about your natural Test going forward, there is no reason not to throw in a fourth week of Clomid (or Nolva) @ 25 or preferably 12.5 mg. I like to taper this last week even more. No emotional issues with Clomid for me.
Good advice like always, homie

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to consider, watch your blood pressure on Osta. I would advise buying a small monitor for at home use. Plenty of people see a spike in BP from Osta. I noticed this but only for a few days.

Finally, despite the long half-life of Osta, I much prefer a split 10/10 am/pm dosing schedule as opposed to taking it all at once in the morning. This may help alleviate BP issues as well as helping with more stable blood levels of the compound. Try and see what works best for you.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
12 weeks seems like a long time. I went 10,15,20,25,25,25. Halfway thru week 6 my libido tanked, and nipples got itchy. Easy to bounc back though. I felt pressure behind my eyes the first 2 days of each week (upping dosage), splitting the dosage seemed to help this. Just my experience, have fun and enjoy!

Tugboat22

Tugboat22

Awards
I'll be following this one. Who makes the ostarine your going with? I just spent the last hour researching sarms this stuff is foreign to me.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll be following this one. Who makes the ostarine your going with? I just spent the last hour researching sarms this stuff is foreign to me.
Olympus labs is going to be your best bet for ostar1ne. I posted a link to my sarms users guide at the top of this thread, I would take a look at that before you decide to do anything.

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
what kind of emotional sides do people get from clomid?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what kind of emotional sides do people get from clomid?
High doses of clomid (100mg) make me want to cry at every little thing. I see an spca commercial and I want to run out and adopt a bunch of puppies. Just makes you feel like a little girl tbh. Follow the dosing protocol I usually reccomend (50/50/25/25) and you should avoid these emotional side effects.

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
haha crap! i love puppies and ill be running clomi my 1s2 time in january

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
OP, I'm older than you by 8, and have been where you are body comp wise (started at 285/4x% BF). I think I did my first cycle at a bit lower weight and BF%, but not by much. Get an Omron Series 7 Wrist BP Monitor. Get all your Support supps, concentrating on BP, Liver, and Lipids, and SERMs first. I prefer a dual SERM PCT of Clomid *and* Nolva. From the research I've done, they both work synergistically on different pathways in regards to specifically LH. Never had Clomid problems at 50 or less. I do 6 week PCTs, the last two being EOD dosing. IMO, all you need for PCT are the SERMs and staple health stuff. I stick to 8 week cycles.