Best Anabolic Supplements for Volleyball - Vertical

drewacious

Awards
I play volleyball in college currently and am looking for the best anabolic supplements for a possible knee injury to my patella right at the beginning of the knee below it. I work on my vertical 4 times a week training and cant see the shake this small issue. Is there anything i can inject into my knee to possibly speed up the healing process or just to strengthen the tendons? I'm a complete scrub in this aspect but really need some information or help with this. Also any other workouts/stretches i could do to heal would be awesome to know. I can't let the trainers know i have an issue because i will lose my starting spot. Please help!

drewacious

Awards
I have and he prescribed me a 1 week steroid packet orally. Took it and it helped partly. Its not bad enough for surgery but just enough to where it hurts every single time i play after. Swells up a good amount.

MBZ

Awards
Ahh yeah I was going to suggest asking for a steroid shot from the dr. I go in to get them occasionally for my back and for my rotator cuff. They really do help when it comes to inflammation related pain. Also, physical therapy has helped tremendously in the past. May be something worth looking into if it is really bothering you.

drewacious

Awards
Yeah i havent had a sports orthepedic surgeon look at it just yet because im afraid it will put my spot in jeopardy if the coaches think im injured.

Deer antler spray? Not sure what that is.

MBZ

Awards
I totally understand. Definitely don't want to jeopardize anything like that. Maybe try going back to your regular doc for a shot. If not wraps might be of some assistance for you.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you looked into Achilles by Anteus Labs? Its not an anabolic, but a joint/tendon supplement. Maybe cissus, cumerin.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Have you looked into Achilles by Anteus Labs? Its not an anabolic, but a joint/tendon supplement. Maybe cissus, cumerin.
+1 for Achilles. It is helping with golfer elbow

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had the same exact issue for the same exact reason. I could run middles at almost 2 ball height, and outside at the top of the antenna. I can tell you with 100% certainty the only thing that will help you is strengthening you hamstrings with SLDLs and RDLs. It's a strength imbalance issue that can only truly be fixed by getting that ratio back in check.

drewacious

Awards
Thanks for all the replies you guys are awesome. What are some ways to balance it back out if it's an imbalance issue? I can run bics all day with my 40" vert but it kills after my games. I'll do basically anything to help the pain go away. It's not an injury really just swells up and makes me knee hard to bend then the next day it's tender but okay.

Also I will look up this achilles stuff as well to help with the process.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hamstring work. Stiff legged deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, Russian Hamstring curls. And don't stretch your quads. It only adds to the micro tears causing your pain and inflammation. Ibuprofen every 4 hours after games, matches, practice.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Look into gharine by olympus labs , increased hgh could really help with healing injuries aswell as ostarine with its etrogenic properties