Thyroid shock: from 125µg to zero in a day... Ouch!

Horrux

Horrux

Awards
I unknowingly did it.

This was back in 2007, when after 16 years of training and dieting, I was getting in truly killer shape. I was also consulting for other bodybuilders. So one client has me come to Australia for 3 weeks to work with him. I make all the arrangements, including those about continuing my cycle once I am down under.

I was at the top of my T3 pyramid when I left, and it was arranged that the client would have T3 available for me when I got there, because I knew how terrible a T3 crash can be: various long-term metabolic problems, and even possibly all hair suddenly turning white.

Problem was, his T3 was bunk, he didn't know it, and neither did I. I started feeling weak and off over the next few days after arriving, but I put it down to jet lag and all that. Some days later I realize some patches in my beard are suddenly turning white... But it was too late already, the damage was done.

I believe I am still feeling the effects today. My TSH is high, my T4 is in range, but low-ish, but mostly I am continuously exhausted, even though I took care of the sleep apnea and everything else checks out. Maybe an acquired tolerance to T3 or something? I have read some threads on here, someone was knowledgeable about this RARE T3 shock phenomenon. I am looking for info, but there is SO MUCH unrelated info... A search doesn't really help...

Anyone know anything?

Thanks

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DangerDave might be able to help you, or at least ask some of his "professors" ;)