Ultra Oily Skin

adrien

Awards
Hi,

My question is not related to anabolics but you guys certainly are the most qualified when it comes to hormones.

I'm a 33 years old male with ULTRA oily skin (no acne but very visible pores), I also developed seborrheic dermatitis which seems to be for the most part the result of the constant oiliness.

I have tried the following to get rid of it without success :

- Nutrition : high/low/moderate carbs/fat/proteins, and various elimination diets.

- Supplements : saw palmetto, vitamin A and B5 megadoses, zinc, l-carnitine, fish oil.

I suspect I have a candida overgrowth and/or a helicobacter pylori infection so I've been trying to treat myself for these conditions lately.

Simultaneously I'm taking some sups to support my liver which much have been extensively damaged by the multiple courses of accutane I took in the past.

Do you guys think this problem could disappear if I succeed in fixing my gut and liver, or could it be purely hormonal?

What are my options to cure this condition?

Any potential solution would be highly appreciated.

jason267

jason267

Awards
  • Established
it sounds like you have already been to the dermatologist multiple times, judging by the words you use to describe it!!!
I would lay off all the supplements. Just take one good mulivitamin a day.
Use a product that has charcoal in it to open up those pores and scrub away. Also, ive been using a new Garnier Shine Control gel, in the mornings.
And at night, right before bed, use some Oxy pads on your nose, cheeks and forehead.

Some people just have oily skin. usually a genetic thing.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The more stuff you use to dry out your skin, the more oil you'll produce. I have very dry skin but my face gets oily throughout the day. I like to use mild stuff such as Cetaphil or aveeno.

adrien

Awards
Thanks for your answers :)

jason267 :
Yes I will lay off as much supplements as possible, I ordered some activated charcoal powder and I read it's great to whiten teeth too, have you ever tried it yourself?
My skin is very sensitive and it seems the only thing it can tolerate is water, and acv if I don't leave it for too long. Sure about the genetic thing, the weird thing with me is that I "only" started developing it 10 years ago, along with what seems to be some benign prostatic hyperplasia symptoms, that is the reason why I see it as a sign of hormonal problem rather than a natural thing.

puccah8808 :
Yes you could be right, I only lightly exfoliate with some acv 2-3 times per week, however I tried to do nothing at all, or even stop washing for several days and it made my skin looks worse each time and the oil flow was uninterrupted :(.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do what I did , move to the desert.
The east coast killed my skin. It's so horrible there! It made my skin flakey, dry, red, and painful.

David147

Awards
Clay masks or mud masks reduce greasiness and help tone your skin and draw out impurities. The masks are available at most drugstores. Or you can make your own using facial clay (like bentonite, available at natural foods stores and on the Internet) and witch hazel. Don’t use pottery clay; it won’t have the same effect. Add 1 tablespoon witch hazel to 1 teaspoon facial clay, and stir until they’re blended. If you like, add 2 drops cypress oil and 2 drops lemon oil for fragrance and to help control overactive oil glands. Sit back, relax, leave the mask on for 10 minutes or until the clay is dry, then rinse it off.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I used to have a bad issue with this... I started taking selenium everyday and so far it's been much much better.

I don't break out unless I'm using AAS now. And even when using AAS it's nowhere near as bad... Just the odd spot.