Liver tabs/Beverly Ultra 40s

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone still take these? It looks like they are slightly coming back, I see they have a decent amount of protein and it is good for your RBC. But besides that what is difference between taking these or taking EAAs/protein?

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
i dont. there was a brand on amazon i thought was more appealing though as it wasnt defatted

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
the brand is curease. i liked it also because you get so much more for your money and dont have to choke down the pills. i was always interested in the potential cytochrome p-450 content being the x-factor on the insane endurance boost found in rats, but that never panned out for me. if it is coming back, you can thank the liverking, who has $18,000/month of PED's to thank for his actual gains

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the brand is curease. i liked it also because you get so much more for your money and dont have to choke down the pills. i was always interested in the potential cytochrome p-450 content being the x-factor on the insane endurance boost found in rats, but that never panned out for me. if it is coming back, you can thank the liverking, who has $18,000/month of PED's to thank for his actual gains
I saw it is liver powder, thinking of that just sounds nasty how does it taste?

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I saw it is liver powder, thinking of that just sounds nasty how does it taste?
Well ive sort of learned from experience that the lines are drawn pretty firmly between people who will drink something that doesnt taste great for the sake of gains and others who just need something great tasting; if you need good taste, you wont like it. It doesnt have the slimyness of liver and gulping something down reduces impact, but if you dont flavor it, it still tastes like liver.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I bought the ultra 40s, they aint that bad swallowing down but there is no way there is 2 grams of protein in each pill. I still dont understand what 3920 mg of 100% argentine beef liver blend means. I weighed a few pills and they are from 1.6-1.7 grams each, so if I had to assume probably only 1.3-1.5 grams of protein in each pill, probably even a lil less maybe 1.2. I called Beverly directly and the guy said its about 2grams cause it is "super concentrated" I told him 2 grams of protein is 2 grams, it would of weight out more.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
So I bought the ultra 40s, they aint that bad swallowing down but there is no way there is 2 grams of protein in each pill. I still dont understand what 3920 mg of 100% argentine beef liver blend means. I weighed a few pills and they are from 1.6-1.7 grams each, so if I had to assume probably only 1.3-1.5 grams of protein in each pill, probably even a lil less maybe 1.2. I called Beverly directly and the guy said its about 2grams cause it is "super concentrated" I told him 2 grams of protein is 2 grams, it would of weight out more.
super-concentrated but still short-changed. let me know if they do any good, but i wont hold my breath. my theory about their previous popularity is that they offered a huge advantage toward bloodbuilding for lifters on PED's that increase RBC's. Nowadays, all the fun of having that extra blood would be detected in a routine blood test, but back in the day they provided unaccounted for endurance. even today i hear stories of guys on trt that have to steer clear of iron or vitamin c to prevent levels from getting dangerously high and i definately see a few old-timers at my gym that are beet red from head to toe from their workouts, so i imagine if youre the liverking, liver is the gift that keeps on giving

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used to take these all the time on the 80's

i