TRT Advice

musclemonsta1

Awards
Hey guys,

This is my first post. The reason I came to anobolic minds was because I am seeking advice from experienced and educated people for a dilemma I am in. Nobody I spoke to in person can give me a good answer to my problem.

I have read the rules for posting about anobolics. I am 18 Years old. This post had nothing to do with me wanting to cycle, take steroids or say what I want to take one day. I understand this is breaking the rules and I respect the rules.

Some stats so you can get to know me and my problem-

I've been training hard for the past 5 years. I am 200 pounds at 15 percent bodyfat.

My One Rep Maxes-

Bench- 325
Deadlift- 405 (I'm not a big deadlifter, as I focus on bodybuilding and hypetrophy).
Squat- 405

I've never taken any steroid, drug or hormone altering substance. I've always considered myself to have very good gentics. My father is very big and my older brother is huge.

Over the past year I was experiencing some issues. Despite my decent strength and size for my age, I thought I had signs of low testosterone. My dad said to me "you're the biggest kid in your highschool. No way you are low." I have very little facial hair. My energy is very poor. My sexdrive is not high at all. I don't crave sex for over a week at a time. Lastly, I been very depressed for no reason. It's like a switch in my head would go off and I just hate the world for no reason at all. I pleaded with my father and I got a blood test.

I have all my results.

Testosterone came back at 296 ng/dl. If anyone wants to know other levels, just ask and I will post them!

My doctor said I should be at least 400. He said a lot of people my age can be fluctuating from 600 to a grand. He also stated that if my levels are very low during puberty (which I'm still in) that development can be hindered. He recommended 200 MG a week of testosterone cypionate. But here's the thing, for life. I am not afraid to inject if I had to, but I don't want to have to do this forever. I asked him about alternate ways to raise test like hcg. He told me hcg could raise my natural levels but my levels would drop once I stopped it. I told a well known guy at my gym about my issue. He recommended this "stabilization" method.

He said I should take test cyp at 200mgs a week for a year. Then after a year, take hcg to stabilize my levels higher (at where they are with the test).

I asked my doctor about this. He never heard of it and doesn't know anything about this.

So my question to you guys-

Is there any validity behind this "stabilization method?" Also, is there any way possible to raise my testosterone without doing TRT for life?

Thank you guys. Low t at 18 can be very psychologically and psychologically dibilitating and unhealthy. I want to find the best way to deal with this situation.

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of a Clomid restart protocol that may help you out. Most doctors try that before putting you on TRT.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your doctor needs to refer you to an endocrinologist because he doesn't know what he is talking about and is about to set you up for failure. Without needing to get too far into it, you would never run high levels of testosterone, shutting down your HPTA, then try to start it back up again to "stabilize".

robbieboy672

Awards
Yeah if a doctor is seriously recommending 200mgs of cyp a week for a person with our level of testosterone he is being extremely liberal and most likely doesn't know what he is doing.

napalm

napalm

Awards
The bro science is strong in this one.

Go see an endocrinologist.

musclemonsta1

Awards
Thanks everyone. I appreciate any input for anyone. I am seeing and endo soon to discuss this. I will ask about the clomid restart protocol and about hcg.

If anyone else wants to chime in, feel free!