How do you guys tolerate prop?

John6

Awards
I'm in my third week now of a four week prop kickstart and damn is it kicking my ass. I don't mind the frequent injections, but the soreness afterwards... :rant:.

Is the pain just something you learn to work through? Or does your body eventually get used to it?

I thought maybe some body parts might tolerate it better than others, so so far I've tried delts (the lateral and anterior heads), triceps, biceps, quads, pecs, and calves. It's all the same though: 6 hours after I inject, that body part is killing me. It always gets better a few days later, but I can't work that muscle group (or any related muscle groups) with any real intensity in the mean time.

I made the prop using 5% BA and 15% BB, could that be the problem?

Or, instead of trying new injection sites, should I be repeating ones I've used before? I mean if I repeated injection sites, would it become less and less painful at that site each time?

I'm basically worried that I'm wasting my cycle because the soreness severely limits how much weight I can use; I could actually use a lot more before I started my cycle. :frustrate

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I'm in my third week now of a four week prop kickstart and damn is it kicking my ass. I don't mind the frequent injections, but the soreness afterwards... :rant:.

Is the pain just something you learn to work through? Or does your body eventually get used to it?

I thought maybe some body parts might tolerate it better than others, so so far I've tried delts (the lateral and anterior heads), triceps, biceps, quads, pecs, and calves. It's all the same though: 6 hours after I inject, that body part is killing me. It always gets better a few days later, but I can't work that muscle group (or any related muscle groups) with any real intensity in the mean time.

I made the prop using 5% BA and 15% BB, could that be the problem?

Or, instead of trying new injection sites, should I be repeating ones I've used before? I mean if I repeated injection sites, would it become less and less painful at that site each time?

I'm basically worried that I'm wasting my cycle because the soreness severely limits how much weight I can use; I could actually use a lot more before I started my cycle. :frustrate

Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
Prop seems to hurt some more than others. I can NOT figure out why one day a shot will have little pain and a shot in that same area a week later is VERY painful.

The one thing I have noticed is if I do the shot before working that muscle the pain doesn't seem to get as bad.

I would continue rotating sites. You have tried just about every site but glutes. To me they hurt the VERY least for doing prop.

Are you doing any other AS? If so you could mix them together. That seems to help or if it is really bad you could add some steril oil.

BTW when you do bis do you get a redness in the area opposite your elbows?

CROWLER

CarryOnTheChaos

Awards
  • Established
I agree with CROWLER, I always had dilute my prop with BW or add sterile water otherwise whatever I injected would be useless for about 3-4 days.

Once I started diluting or adding oil it was still a pain in the ass but it only lasted for a day or 2 at most as opposed to 4.

Heating it prior to injection and rubbing the **** out of it before it actually becomes sore always helped as well.

I also used to train whichever body part I injected the same day as the inject...reduced the pain as the soreness of the muscle masks some of the pain.

regards,
COTC

John6

Awards
I'm also using test enan and I mix the two whenever possible. I also already added some oil; right now it's at 75mg/ml, and I take 2 ml's eod. Is that still too strong? What concentration do you guys make yours at?

Well I've only done bi's once (1ml in each); one bi is totally fine, not even any redness. The other one though, I must have nicked a vein (even though I aspirated and saw no blood) because it bruised immediately and bled quite a bit.

I also heat mine. I boil a cup of water then let the vial soak in the boiling water for about five minutes before shooting it.

I'll start pinning whatever muscle group I'm working next and see if that helps.

Oh yeah, I shot prop into my pec two days ago and while there is no itching or redness, there seems to be a big knot. I figure it's the oil, but is it normal for the chest to take that long to disperse the oil? The knot feels pretty hard; if someone not knowing I shot something there were to feel it, they would probably say it feels almost like bone or something. Oil can't solidify... can it?

cobra1414

Awards
I can't take it either. Started my current cycle running prop and lasted 3 weeks, then said **** it and loaded up 2g of cyp to make a quick switch. Couldn't take the long lasting soreness, and this was with 1%ba and being cut with EQ.

It's a problem when you're trying to grow and you can't do squats or deadlifts cause your lower body is crippled.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i had to quit prop; it hurt considerably more than 1-test cyp did, and it's supposed to be pretty bad. i don't know why but it really put the muscle out of action that in injected into for at least 4-5 days. i couldn't walk sometimes because i'd have it in both quads and maybe a glute. it was horrible

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
two things that effected my injections and the pain associated with it afterwards:
1) BA content too high
2) moving the needle around while injecting, even a slight movement can cause a very painful lump that sometimes takes over a week to go away.

i suggest what a lot of these guys do. mix with some sterile oil, heat, and inject.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
two things that effected my injections and the pain associated with it afterwards:
1) BA content too high
2) moving the needle around while injecting, even a slight movement can cause a very painful lump that sometimes takes over a week to go away.

i suggest what a lot of these guys do. mix with some sterile oil, heat, and inject.
#2 is exactly why I use 23g. 25's just take too long and result in more damage. With the lower gauge I can bang and be done before I've had a chance to get shakey and slash myself up. Strat once told me that EO is commonly used to help with prop pain, but it doesn't help with ace or cyp esters IMO.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
so it is definitely cool to dilute 1ml of prop with .5 ml of BW .. have we reached a consensus that this will in no way affect the hormone? ... i can't for the life of me figure out how it could but there are many things i can figure out yet they are true .. like how record players work ... how can a piece of vinyl produce music!? ... i don't know

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
so it is definitely cool to dilute 1ml of prop with .5 ml of BW .. have we reached a consensus that this will in no way affect the hormone? ... i can't for the life of me figure out how it could but there are many things i can figure out yet they are true .. like how record players work ... how can a piece of vinyl produce music!? ... i don't know
Glen, I don't know if it helps or not. I've used B12 like this before instead of BW and it never worked, but it doesn't hurt the hormone at least.

As for record players, putting a crystal on plastic to generate an audible wave does sound very primative these days! :D

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Glen, I don't know if it helps or not. I've used B12 like this before instead of BW and it never worked, but it doesn't hurt the hormone at least.

As for record players, putting a crystal on plastic to generate an audible wave does sound very primative these days! :D
primative or not ... still baffles me lol

i didn't think diluting prop with BW would hurt the hormone but i just wanted to make sure .. i've got a lot of BW so i'll try diluting my prop with that .. if that's no good .. i'll just sack up and buy some cottonseed oil

DOCTREMBLAY

Awards
prop

I cant say that it or suspension biother me at all not anything else really, i dont getthat stinging or sorness and i have at one time taken 2c of prop ED for ashort while, everyione seems to get that though

-DOC

merllin_2000

Awards
The only time i have ever had a problem is when i bought some from someplace that my friend always goes to cause it was cheaper. Wow was it painful for days, so i researched into it more and found out it was primarily used for farm animals, so i bought some from where i always go and had no problem at all, with good results.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
You want to experience TRUE joy? Try shooting prop IN YOUR CALF...

I'm gonna kick whoever told me the calf was a good place to spot inject... My regularly painless test enan/tren ace mix just hurt like a motherfucker going in.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
You want to experience TRUE joy? Try shooting prop IN YOUR CALF...

I'm gonna kick whoever told me the calf was a good place to spot inject... My regularly painless test enan/tren ace mix just hurt like a motherfucker going in.
2cc. (I have big calves) but prop is unnecessary. if it bugs you (and it does me after about the 3 site rotation) then use a longer ester. they work fine and prop is overrated. or use a test transdermal. After a while it gets old. I am just going to use it to front load and to end. hell, I have a test base at 100mg/ml that is easier to take.

As for making it painless (not saying that it will not start hurting after a few weeks) use 3% ba and 12%BB and a heavy oil. (castor oil works good for this if you can get it, bigcats rec) 5% ba is not painful for most people so don't blame the ba.

FZane

Awards
As far as cutting with BW I can't imagine that would make any difference since the oil and water will seperate. I just grin and bare it. If you inject it to quick you are going to risk getting an oil abscess. As far as the pain in the body part you just have to deal with it. My ass is killing me right now but I still hit legs like it was the last day on earth today. :)

bigred869

Awards
  • Established
damn, I'm starting prop in about 17 weeks and it sounds like a bitch. If diluting it helps, I'm all for it since I'll be taking 100mg eod. I'm guessing oil is the best thing to dilute it with or "BW" whatever that is. If it's OTC, what's the brand name and where can it be bought?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
bw is bacteriostatic water and i get mine from getpinz.com when i order pins

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
You can also just make it.

1 mL BA, 99 mL distilled water. Filter through .2u Whatman into sterile vial.

-kwantam

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Use ethyl oleate or ethyl laurate to cut it if you buy prop as ready-made. If you can get prop powder and make your own, use EO/EL @ ~30-50% to formulate. It helps.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i will be using prop 1st time in june but i will be using dazed oil-i hear that it is less painful this way.