Cutring in pct?

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
It's finished an epi/tren cycle and am curious if cutting during pct would be possible. Thoughts on this?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
No cutting pct imo. Test is low and trying to normalize things, so you will be dropping muscle as well if you do that. I've heard of people using clen during pct but that is with a high calories diet, not one for cutting

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Personally id carry the same diet and training throughout pct depending on goals....

SquatsAndOats

Awards
No cutting pct imo. Test is low and trying to normalize things, so you will be dropping muscle as well if you do that. I've heard of people using clen during pct but that is with a high calories diet, not one for cutting
I've used clen in pct for energy and muscle sparing. No cutting though

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cutting in pct is definitely not recommended. It is a mental hurdle. You get a little softer without the hormones and glycogen retention, but you have to look past that. Spare that muscle, lift heavy and eat. A few weeks after pct, change your diet to trim some fat.

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
Cutting in pct is definitely not recommended. It is a mental hurdle. You get a little softer without the hormones and glycogen retention, but you have to look past that. Spare that muscle, lift heavy and eat. A few weeks after pct, change your diet to trim some fat.
even when the cycle was intend to cut?

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
even when the cycle was intended to cut?

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
That does change things I guess. How aggressively did you cut on cycle? How much more do you want to cut? What's your current BF%?
not too aggressive. Around 300-500 Cals below. Current bf is around 12-13% and would like to get to 9% for a photoshoot at the end of may

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
not too aggressive. Around 300-500 Cals below. Current bf is around 12-13% and would like to get to 9% for a photoshoot at the end of may
Stick with it keeping protein as high as possible. You have plenty of time. I would get super aggressive at the beginning of May, say 600-800 below. Carbs are also muscle sparing so be sure you allow yourself some high carb days in there. On days I don't want to overkill my calories but need to load up on carbs, I will sacrifice protein intake for a day.

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
So would I still be able to keep that deficit of 250-500 while in pct in the mean time? Implementing high protein and carb refeed? My fats are moderate

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
Stick with it keeping protein as high as possible. You have plenty of time. I would get super aggressive at the beginning of May, say 600-800 below. Carbs are also muscle sparing so be sure you allow yourself some high carb days in there. On days I don't want to overkill my calories but need to load up on carbs, I will sacrifice protein intake for a day.
So would I still be able to keep that deficit of 250-500 while in pct in the mean time? Implementing high protein and carb refeed? My fats are moderate

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. I think we all interpreted the initial question of cutting in pct as if it would be a change from what you were doing on cycle.