Does Cardarine (GW-501516) cause cancer? Provide Evidence

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
So I am getting so many mixed messages on GW501516 that I began taking a few days ago. There have been a couple of studies that have shown that the drug does cause cancer in rats in doses ranging anywhere from 5-40mg/kg for very long term periods of time. One of the studies, the 2009 study was found to have been extremely flawed and disregarded by most, so that makes me feel a little better. But still, for a pharmaceutical company to spend millions of dollars on developing a product and then suddenly dropping it, I don't know it just seems fishy. At the same time, I have also heard evidence that this class of drugs at low doses can actually prevent cancer. I'm honestly not sure what to believe at this point. Would a daily dose of 20mg for say 4, even 8 weeks be something that I should be concerned about? I'm only on my 4th day of it and my endurance is so sky high, that I'm honestly in awe. In addition the fat is just melting off me. I hate to stop it, but if it's really that risky I will. I am also stacking it with Ostarine and S4. So anyway, give me your feedback and please provide evidence if I can.

MuscleJ

Awards
Some research companies can sell off there research and studies and observations to smaller or bigger RX and research facilities. If it never made it to the actual FDA testing then I have seen this before. I have doctor I used to work with That would gather,present and do observations on researchable meds or formulas to only sell the info or sign for a portion of funds from the procedds it brings in.

Sigil

Awards
At the same time, I have also heard evidence that this class of drugs at low doses can actually prevent cancer. I'm honestly not sure what to believe at this point.

most PPAR agonists that have been approved for treating T2DM have been known to cause tumours in humans, but many of the pharmaceutical companies have withheld such data from the FDA until recently. Even if there are flawed studies in rats, I think any data indicating cancer risk is enough to justify terminating further research.

not sure what you mean by low dose, but 20-50mg of approved drugs have been sufficient to cause cancer

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
So should I stop using Cardarine? I have been using 20mg per day and I was planning on going for 4-8 weeks. I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk. Of the studies that were done, the lowest dose tested was 5mg/kg in rats, which translates into 0.8mg/kg for humans because of the metabolic differences. And even that was run for 2 years straight. My dose is barely 1/3 of that and I'm only running it for 1/10th of the time in the study. Should I say screw it and just up my S4 dose and maybe throw in some Clen?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
most PPAR agonists that have been approved for treating T2DM have been known to cause tumours in humans, but many of the pharmaceutical companies have withheld such data from the FDA until recently. Even if there are flawed studies in rats, I think any data indicating cancer risk is enough to justify terminating further research.

not sure what you mean by low dose, but 20-50mg of approved drugs have been sufficient to cause cancer
Could you possibly link me to that particular study that shows 20-50mg can cause cancer?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Some research companies can sell off there research and studies and observations to smaller or bigger RX and research facilities. If it never made it to the actual FDA testing then I have seen this before. I have doctor I used to work with That would gather,present and do observations on researchable meds or formulas to only sell the info or sign for a portion of funds from the procedds it brings in.
What's your take on GW then?

MrBEEF

Awards
Could you possibly link me to that particular study that shows 20-50mg can cause cancer?
Dood....is it even worth it?

"So you're saying it causes cancer....hmmm...what if I only take a little bit?" =/

Sigil

Awards
So should I stop using Cardarine? I have been using 20mg per day and I was planning on going for 4-8 weeks. I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk. Should I say screw it and just up my S4 dose and maybe throw in some Clen?
PPARs are not inherently carcinogenic, but long term usage by humans with pre-existing metabolic disorders have been associated with the development of tumours (some cancerous). There is no evidence to suggest it causes cancer when used in healthy humans.

So I don't think there is much danger in a 4-8 week 'cycle', but it's anabolic effects are indirect and short term usage seems at odds with something like this (gene activation and expression is measured in terms of several weeks and months), I think for cutting it is no subsitute for clen.

ymalleb

Awards
Im on my 2nd week of osta/gw as well, same effects, I feel great! Really leaning out.

Did u stop?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I'm honestly not sure what to believe because i just read another study that PPAR Delta agonists are not carcinogenic. If you say that they are please link me to such studies. I've only been on it for 6 days and I'm down 8 pounds. Like the fat is literally melting off me.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
That study is very flawed because the amounts were so high it's like taking a thousand aspirin everyday and seeing what happens. I also have lots of gw, didn't see the fatloss, but felt great endurance wise. Clen scares me more than gw actually.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didnt you all know that with cancerogenic substances in General there is NO safe dosage?Even a small dose could cause it potentially.

Shasow

Shasow

Banned
Awards
Nolva is carcinogenic. And so are many things. Not saying this an excuse to a ahead with GW but just pointing out that things can be dramatically overstated. Im still undecided about GW.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've been looking at getting some GW but I have no idea were the best place is. I've done lots of googling but I always come up with good and bad reviews. I'm not 100% what the rules are but can someone point me in the right direction? Or PM me if some help can't be posted public. Thanks.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been looking at getting some GW but I have no idea were the best place is. I've done lots of googling but I always come up with good and bad reviews. I'm not 100% what the rules are but can someone point me in the right direction? Or PM me if some help can't be posted public. Thanks.
southern sarms

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So far the reviews on SS have been one of the best. Prices are very good also. Anyone have any discount codes?
I'd like to know if there are any discount codes as well. but, for the affordable price, you can't go wrong picking up a bottle today.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Sarm search has 30 %off codes. Best quality i hear. Have gw from them

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I went ahead and ordered one GW from SS. I'll let you all know what I think. I've never ran GW so TIFWIW.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
I have been doing some reading and the lowest dose tested for causing cancer was the equivalent of 65mg per day in humans. Now here's the kicker, the rats were fed this dose for a period of 24 months straight! Most cycles of GW only last 4-8 weeks. And yes, Nolvadex is carcinogenic in long term use, but not in short term use. There have also been studies done on PPAR Delta Agonists (GW and family of drugs) that low doses in the order of 10mg per day have been shown to be ANTI-carcinogenic.

FitnessLuke

Awards
I got lgd from ss...seemed legit

How are their other products? Like are their serms good as well and sarms??

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I got lgd from ss...seemed legit How are their other products? Like are their serms good as well and sarms??

After I got the GW I was worried about it being bunk or under dosed because it wasn't the pinkish color others have talked about. So anyway I stated out at 3 mg twice a day for 3 days to see how I reacted. Now I'm at 5 mg twice a day and I can for sure tell I have started taking something different. Workouts are lasting longer and I feel stronger. I also have been having trouble sleeping at night and that's another side I have read about. Can't tell any added fat loss but I'm just a week in to it.

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Try 10mg morning and night

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Two questions..... If I dosed AM only would I sleep better and would it still help my afternoon (5pm) workouts? I can take something to help me sleep if it meant dosing AM only wouldn't give me the workout boost.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was told by someone who researched and uses GW that once a day dosing (20mg) is fine, as the half life is 24hrs...

Contaygious

Contaygious

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you take 1g of tribulus just in case!