asking doc about blood test..

FitnessLuke

Awards
Currently on 4th week of epi and have been taking 40 mg since day one. Want to bump to 50, but wanna see how the ole liver is doing. Anyways im going to the doc regardless tomorrow for other reasons and im thinking I should ask for a blood test. A few things...

Im scared about telling him my a.s usage due to insurance reasons and him rethinking me. Also would just like to avoid the conversation.

If he ask why I want the test whats a good reason...would it be weird to just say I wanted to make sure everything is working right?

Is it as simple as asking for a test

If my liver is in bad health would that be bad for insurance with medical records showing

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly. You have every right to go in and ask for a CBC and any other test you want. If he asks, just tell him you are trying to be preemptive about your health and want to baseline everything.

FitnessLuke

Awards
Okay good advice I talked to my doc and he just said come in another day in a fasted state. My blood pressure and resting heart rate were looking really really healthy, so hopefully everything else is as well.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. You have every right to go in and ask for a CBC and any other test you want. If he asks, just tell him you are trying to be preemptive about your health and want to baseline everything.
Kind of...most pcps will do the basics but if you start asking for hormonal tests they'll probably refer you to an endo...insurance companies aren't too keen when they have to foot the bill for "the works" without any specific reason

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, he is looking for a CBC to get his metabolic panel and that is very common, so there would be no issue or suspicion there. If he wanted additional tests, it isn't difficult to get basics hormone testing through a PCP. I agree that if it started to get to a point where they were figuring things out, then an endo would likely be referred.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Well, he is looking for a CBC to get his metabolic panel and that is very common, so there would be no issue or suspicion there. If he wanted additional tests, it isn't difficult to get basics hormone testing through a PCP. I agree that if it started to get to a point where they were figuring things out, then an endo would likely be referred.
Gotcha. When you said "any other test" I just figured a bit of clarification might be needed. Anything past free/total test is probably going to raise an eyebrow (estradiol, crp, etc). I wish it wasn't that way.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, me too. I do see it slowly changing, especially amongst the younger <50 docs.

FitnessLuke

Awards
Honestly I know getting test levels changed is ideal, but shouldnt I be fine since im just running epistane? Like about to be on week 5 and I swear my balls havent changed one bit and I still have a sex drive etc

Plus I will be running torem, daa, and formeron for pct. Would it still be wise to get a test for my test? and is thereba way to get that test without it effecting your medical records?