Your Very First Prohormone Cycle [In Laymans Terms]

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So, you think your ready to start your very first Prohormone cycle?

READ THIS FIRST!

The Goal of this Article:
I want to educate and teach you everything you should know about a SIMPLE Prohormone cycle so you don't mess up your body.

What are Prohormones?
Prohormones (PH's) are steroids... I am not going to sugarcoat it for you.. Now, with that said, you don't inject prohormones usually, you just ingest them (in liquid, cap, or tab form) and they are converted from the raw compound into a hormone. How are the compounds that I ingest converted into hormones you ask? Prohormones are converted in your cholesterol by a process known as steroidogensis (click steroidogensis for more information).

Am I ready for Prohormones?
Now that we know what Prohormones are, we can decide whether we should try them or not.. I have seen many first posters and rookies turning to Prohormones when they shouldn't be, here is a list of general questions you need to ask yourself BEFORE you decide to run a PH..

1. Am I old enough?
  2. Is my diet where it should be?
  3. Have I lifted long enough to be advanced?
  4. What are my goals?
  5. Do I have enough money to afford everything?
Even though these are general questions, you need to awnswer some of these questions before you decide your going to put your body through this.. I will be the first one to tell you that PH's are not for everyone, and everyone reacts to PH's (all hormones at that) differently..

Am I old enough? You should really wait until your about 25 years old. Why? Because your body is not only done growing but before you turn 25, your body is ALREADY PRODUCING ITS OWN NATURAL TESTOSTERONE.

Is my diet where it should be? Prohormones are fueled by food, and that is why you need to make sure your diet is 100% in check before you start something like a PH. To be more specific about diet (because working out and getting big happens in the gym and in the kitchen) when you take a PH and your body starts to convert more glycogen into your muscles it is going to be used to taking all of the ingredients it can (which you get from your diet) and storing them in your muscles. If your eating bad foods, you better believe your going to gain more fat than muscle, espcially when you come off of your cycle, and then your body is going to rebound with estrogen and make you gain fat! You have to have a great diet!

Have I lifted long enough to be advanced? You can't lift for a week or two and start running a PH.. Your muscles are not ready for the amount of stress you are about to put them through. You are literally reversing the way your body works.

What are my goals? As with any project, you have to have goals so you can work towards something. If you take a PH and sit on your ass all day, your not going to gain any muscle at all. You have to work hard, and you have to know what your working for.

Do I have enough money to afford everything? Once you have decided whether PH's are for you or not, this is one of the most important details in a cycle. You don't simply buy the compound that you want to run, and then go on your merry way and gain 20 lbs of muscle and then life goes back to normal, THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS..

Cycle Design

This is a good cycle should be laid out. Some people have different opinions on what should be ran at different times in the cycle, but this will give you an idea of a very basic cycle and how it should be ran.

All cycles should be ran with multivitamins, fish oil, and all general supplements you should already be taking..

Week 1 -- Pre-Loading Hawthorne Berry
Week 2 -- Pre-Loading Hawthorne Berry

You will load in these types of products to get your liver ready for the stress you are about to put it under. The reason this is important is because when compounds are converted to PH's during steroidogensis, there is a waste product called bile that is made during the conversion and this is filtered out by the liver. THIS IS WHY PH'S (AND AAS, but AAS is actually less toxic as it only filters once) CREATE STRESS ON THE BODY.

Week 3 -- Cycle Support [Insert your choice of PH here (most people run Halo or use it as an example for a first cycle]
Week 4 -- Cycle Support [Insert your choice of PH here (most people run Halo or use it as an example for a first cycle]
Week 5 -- Cycle Support [Insert your choice of PH here (most people run Halo or use it as an example for a first cycle]
Week 6 -- Cycle Support [Insert your choice of PH here (most people run Halo or use it as an example for a first cycle]
Week 7 -- Cycle Support [Insert your choice of PH here (most people run Halo or use it as an example for a first cycle]
Week 8 -- Cycle Support [Insert your choice of PH here (most people run Halo or use it as an example for a first cycle]

Some people say only to run 4 weeks on your first cycle but this is dependent on your body. I do not recommend more than 6 weeks on orals though. I personally don't run over 4 weeks with orals (atleast harsh methylated compounds).

Week 9 -- SERM Testosterone Booster
Week 10 -- SERM Testosterone Booster
Week 11 -- SERM Testosterone Booster Estrogen & Cortisol Controller
Week 12 -- SERM Testosterone Booster Estrogen & Cortisol Controller
Week 13 -- Estrogen & Cortisol Controller Testosterone Booster
Week 14 -- Estrogen & Cortisol Controller Testosterone Booster

A SERM (like Nolvadex, Clomid, etc.) is made to help you restart your HPTA functions. What is HPTA you ask? The HPTA (click HPTA for more information) is what controls your body's natural hormones. Why is this important? (because its very important). This function in your body controls your hormonal levels, it keeps you sane, keeps your testosterone and estrogen levels correct, and so on. When you take a PH, your body is going to stop producing natural testosterone because you have all of this excess stuff from an outside source.

The problem with this, is when you discontinue the PH use, your body is not going to know what to do. In comes a SERM which will help control your Estrogen from freaking out and trying to raise its levels super high to match the Testosterone in your body (ratio respective of course). And this will give your body a chance to restart its natural functions to get back to normal.

Why do you need a Estrogen and Cortisol controller? Well it goes along the same lines as a SERM except it does different things to you body. All that hard earned muscle you just gained, you don't want Fat (cortisol) coming in and getting in the way, so you are slowly moving your body back to a normal state.

Summary

Make sure PH's are right for you before you just buy one and run it. Make sure you have everything ready to go and your already doing everything you should be doing (proper diet, proper fitness, etc.) before you venture down that road.

This is a very basic guide to PH's and you need to do even more research than read this article before you decide this is for you!!!
If you have questions, feel free to PM me!

Watch this documentary for more information about steroids!
[video=youtube;ljOC0L1Bq8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljOC0L1Bq8E[/video]
[video=youtube;I61ya9twO4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I61ya9twO4o[/video]
[video=youtube;I_XVKOG2FNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_XVKOG2FNA[/video]
[video=youtube;x-d-WRXz0FU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-d-WRXz0FU[/video]​

Last edited:
Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Nice write up man, thx for posting it.
No problem. I'm going to just paste the link to noobies cause I feel like I tell them how to do stuff alllllllllllll the time. Haha.

DrakeC

DrakeC

Awards
No problem. I'm going to just paste the link to noobies cause I feel like I tell them how to do stuff alllllllllllll the time. Haha.
Ha. Maybe add some examples for Testosterone Booste, Estrogen & Cortisol Controller too? You know thats the next question you are gonna get asked :).

Mystere3

Awards
Not a bad writeup. What you said about cortisol and about bile isn't really accurate, though. Also, a lot of "PHs" like epi, dmz, sd, are really active AAS.

You should read the following article about cortisol:

http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/two-faces-of-cortisol

It has both positive and negative effects.

Also, PH/DS and AAS elevate liver enzymes by encouraging cholestasis. It's true that bile, which is a waste product of the liver increases with cholestasis, but bile is always around; it's not just created with steroid metabolism. Steroids help prevent it from being excreted, though.

This article helps explain how:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/724143_4

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Not a bad writeup. What you said about cortisol and about bile isn't really accurate, though. Also, a lot of "PHs" like epi, dmz, sd, are really active AAS.

You should read the following article about cortisol:

http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/two-faces-of-cortisol

It has both positive and negative effects.

Also, PH/DS and AAS elevate liver enzymes by encouraging cholestasis. It's true that bile, which is a waste product of the liver increases with cholestasis, but bile is always around; it's not just created with steroid metabolism. Steroids help prevent it from being excreted, though.

This article helps explain how:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/724143_4
Thanks for the info! I'll read up and go back and edit!

ThatGuyZA

ThatGuyZA

Awards
  • Established
Nice Writeup!

Newbs should definitely start here !

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you had good intentions with this thread but there is quite a bit of incorrect info in here.

Prohormone's aren't converted in cholesterol. Prohormone's are converted by enzymes. For example testosterone is a prohormone itself. Test is the substrate for different enzymes, a few that we're all familiar with here specifically are 5-alpha reductase and aromatase. Meaning testosterone is the prohormone (substrate) for both the mentioned enzymes and converted to DHT and Estrogen via their respective enzymes. Cholesterol is a precursor for steroid hormones. Again meaning that using cholesterol, steroid hormone biosynthesis occurs.

Glycogen isn't converted into muscles. Glycogen is the storage form of glucose. So what I think you meant to say was that muscle glycogen storage is increased with the addition of hormones.

Jumping into a cycle when first starting out isn't contraindicated because of harming a muscle, although possible. The reason one shouldn't immediately turn to steroids is due to possibly injuring tendons and ligaments

It has nothing to do with reversing the way our bodies work. If you look at it from a biological standpoint you're actually speeding up the way our bodies work with increased recovery, nitrogen retention, protein synthesis and so on. We are in agreement though people should not be turning to steroids or prohormones early in their fitness endeavors.

Hawthorne berry isn't for liver protection.

You need to reread on the mechanism of action for SERM's.

Cortisol isn't fat, it's a stress hormone.

ThatGuyZA

ThatGuyZA

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the clarity Spaniard!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I think you had good intentions with this thread but there is quite a bit of incorrect info in here.

Prohormone's aren't converted in cholesterol. Prohormone's are converted by enzymes. For example testosterone is a prohormone itself. Test is the substrate for different enzymes, a few that we're all familiar with here specifically are 5-alpha reductase and aromatase. Meaning testosterone is the prohormone (substrate) for both the mentioned enzymes and converted to DHT and Estrogen via their respective enzymes. Cholesterol is a precursor for steroid hormones. Again meaning that using cholesterol, steroid hormone biosynthesis occurs.

Glycogen isn't converted into muscles. Glycogen is the storage form of glucose. So what I think you meant to say was that muscle glycogen storage is increased with the addition of hormones.

Jumping into a cycle when first starting out isn't contraindicated because of harming a muscle, although possible. The reason one shouldn't immediately turn to steroids is due to possibly injuring tendons and ligaments

It has nothing to do with reversing the way our bodies work. If you look at it from a biological standpoint you're actually speeding up the way our bodies work with increased recovery, nitrogen retention, protein synthesis and so on. We are in agreement though people should not be turning to steroids or prohormones early in their fitness endeavors.

Hawthorne berry isn't for liver protection.

You need to reread on the mechanism of action for SERM's.

Cortisol isn't fat, it's a stress hormone.
Thanks for the info, I'll go and edit the above information to correlate with the other posts. :) Everybody learns!

That's weird with the Hawthorne berry though, I've had many people to run it as liver support 80 the beginning over at PHF.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the reason for my post, everyone learns, you don't as the teacher want people learning the wrong info.

I'm not sure what liver 80 is but if it has Hawthorne in it it's for BP

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
That's the reason for my post, everyone learns, you don't as the teacher want people learning the wrong info.

I'm not sure what liver 80 is but if it has Hawthorne in it it's for BP
I think 80 was supposed to just be "in" cause I typed that up on my phone.

Damn auto correct.

stann123

stann123

Awards
Thanks for the info, I'll go and edit the above information to correlate with the other posts. :) Everybody learns!

That's weird with the Hawthorne berry though, I've had many people to run it as liver support 80 the beginning over at PHF.
Maybe you were thinking of milk thistle?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah cause I talked about loading thistle and they said just do berry.
They were wrong or maybe you misunderstood. Either way Hawthorne is for BP man

stann123

stann123

Awards
Nah cause I talked about loading thistle and they said just do berry.
Both need to be pre loaded but as Spaniard said Hb is for bp, milkthistle for liver. Although the effectiveness of milkthistle is questioned

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
They were wrong or maybe you misunderstood. Either way Hawthorne is for BP man
Both need to be pre loaded but as Spaniard said Hb is for bp, milkthistle for liver. Although the effectiveness of milkthistle is questioned
Gotcha. I'll add that In there too. About off work and then going on Vacation. **** yah.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't drive drunk dudes

Zach0075

Zach0075

Awards
Great write up I wish this is the first thread I would have seen when I started researching everything.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Tagger

Tagger

Awards

luckwithit

Awards
Good info. Searching brought me here and cleared a few things up. thanks

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Good info. Searching brought me here and cleared a few things up. thanks
Glad I could help. I need to go and rewrite it for the point other people pointed out.