Newcomer seeking advice

mhweidi

Awards
Hey all. I'm new here. Been browsing for a while. First off I know I'm new I can search for info. I have. I'm just seeking more insight. So my background. I am 23 years old. I've been working out solid for 3 years. When I started I was 360 lbs like 977% bodyfat. Since then I've come a long way. Now I stand at 240lbs 14% BF. I have need experimented with steroids or PHs. But I would like to. What is a good place to start? PHs? If so, what kind? I've thought about xcel's tren devestation? Goals? As far as goals id like to lean out a bit. But I'd like solid strength gains. Big size gains aren't too important right now. Mostly looking to cut. Any and all insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance. If there's any questions I can answer or info I have left out please let me know!

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you trying to compete? Or do you simply want to use steroids to get leaner for personal reasons?

LiftBigC

Awards
How tall are you? 240lbs at 14% bf is pretty dang big.

mhweidi

Awards
Bench max I did about a month ago was 355. Squat I'm not sure about max. I workout with 315-365 range. And deadlift is my weak area. Last month when I did bench a week or so after I did deadlift and I got 315 up but didn't feel like I could really get up higher than that. My lower body is far weaker than what id like. But I'm a work in progress.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
6'5", 355 @ 14%bf here and no ph or roofs ever. You don't need them. Utilize the weights to your advantage. It takes time to build. I'm now 40 dead/bench/squat is 500/440/565 respectively. It takes time and heavy training while building volume. Initially was a basketball player and played at 220-240 through college. The military caused me to gain when I broke my ankle. One thing I always did was train with the biggest guy in the gym. No matter where I traveled. Even if they were on something I worked to get my numbers up. Supplements I use are protein, creative and sometimes test boosters {USPLABS}. I don't train 5 days a week, 3-4.

Mystere3

Awards
Bench max I did about a month ago was 355. Squat I'm not sure about max. I workout with 315-365 range. And deadlift is my weak area. Last month when I did bench a week or so after I did deadlift and I got 315 up but didn't feel like I could really get up higher than that. My lower body is far weaker than what id like. But I'm a work in progress.
I think your estimates of bf% are probably a bit optimistic. If you had 200 lb LBM you should be lifting a lot more than that. I'm prolly around that amount of LBM and lift 1-300 lb more on each lift than you.

mhweidi

Awards
I think your estimates of bf% are probably a bit optimistic. If you had 200 lb LBM you should be lifting a lot more than that. I'm prolly around that amount of LBM and lift 1-300 lb more on each lift than you.
I'm not 100% sure to be honest with you. That's just what I've been told via one of the trainers that works at the gym I workout in. They said 14.36%

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not 100% sure to be honest with you. That's just what I've been told via one of the trainers that works at the gym I workout in. They said 14.36%
Were you tested, or did the trainer literally tell you 14.36%? Lol. Like noted above, you're higher than that. Not that it's a bad thing, you just have some work to do.

What's your diet and training look like?

If I were you, I would cut down before considering PH's; if at all.

mhweidi

Awards
Were you tested, or did the trainer literally tell you 14.36%? Lol. Like noted above, you're higher than that. Not that it's a bad thing, you just have some work to do.

What's your diet and training look like?

If I were you, I would cut down before considering PH's; if at all.
He used calipers and did skin fold. And that's what he told me afterwards.

Diet is like:
Breakfast: 40g oats blended in a protein shake with a tablespoon peanut butter. Plus 3 whole eggs.

Snack:(preworkout) usually consists of double scoop protein shake. Plus preworkout.

Lunch: (postworkout) postworkout supps. 6-8 oz chicken breast. 1 cup rice(I alternate between brown and white) 3 egg whites.

Snack. Protein shake and almonds.

Dinner: 6-8 oz chicken or steak. With lettuce or spinach or a combo of the two. 1 flat out tortilla wrap.

That's what I've been doing since I started(when I was 360lbs)

Training looks like:

Monday: chest tri and cardio
Tuesday: back and bi
Wednesday. Shoulders and cardio
Thirsday: legs
Friday: bis tris and cardio
Saturday or Sunday alternate. One is a rest day. One is abs and sometimes another back or leg day

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
acethetics

acethetics

Awards
6'5", 355 @ 14%bf here and no ph or roofs ever. You don't need them. Utilize the weights to your advantage. It takes time to build. I'm now 40 dead/bench/squat is 500/440/565 respectively. It takes time and heavy training while building volume. Initially was a basketball player and played at 220-240 through college. The military caused me to gain when I broke my ankle. One thing I always did was train with the biggest guy in the gym. No matter where I traveled. Even if they were on something I worked to get my numbers up. Supplements I use are protein, creative and sometimes test boosters {USPLABS}. I don't train 5 days a week, 3-4.
355 @ 14% ?

Those lifts are pretty weak for your size?

LiftBigC

Awards
You should post some pictures. I just imagine 240lbs at 14% bf looking pretty big.

acethetics

acethetics

Awards
1500 total is pretty decent for natty. Some geared ppl weighing half as much total more though.
I know natty kids 18-21, weighing 160-180, with totals very close to that.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I know natty kids 18-21, weighing 160-180, with totals very close to that.
At 18-21 that's not surprising their test levels are much much higher. People really seem to underestimate the HUGE difference between an 18 yr old and a 28 yr old. When test begins to decline you ****ing feel it believe me

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but I only got part of your post, so in a nutshell, you are overweight, you were 977% bf, and now you are lighter and want to get devastating tren? whats your goal..... do you practice a sport? which one?

Oh and in my opinion, you should not run tren (PH, precursor or real deal tren) if you are not atleast 10 % bf.... this is just my point of view, and the reason is because of overall bad health/ bad cholesterol levels/ high bp on guys that are overweight and more risks for gyno, and this is only a personal point of view not based on any study, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think that tren should be suited for guys that are already lean.