Acne Help

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
Showering directly after a workout and cutting out oily foods helps me.

Dairy is a big cause for some but I'd rather have milk, Greek yogurt, and eggs and just have a little acne.

Have you googled causes of acne? Miles of info.

shreddedbeef

Awards
Accutane. Best thing out there for acne.
I agree, I have taken Accutane in the past and it pretty much cleared all of my acne. Also cut out grease and dairy foods, this helps clear acne naturally. And lastly take frequent showers.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, frequent showers can cause more acne in some. The more you try to get rid or your oils, the more your body will produce. That's why benzoyl peroxide is not good for everyone. It can send your body into over drive.

shreddedbeef

Awards
Actually, frequent showers can cause more acne in some. The more you try to get rid or your oils, the more your body will produce. That's why benzoyl peroxide is not good for everyone. It can send your body into over drive.[/

Not a pharmacists here, but Accutane is not benzyl peroxide. Accutane reduces the amount of oil produced. And OP you hear it here, after you workout make sure you don't remove the sweat and dirt clogging your pores it helps with acne!!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not being a smart ass here but I was not referring to you or accutane. I never said that accutane did not work nor did I say to not take showers at all. People react differently to each medication.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
TOPICAL accutane, that shyt is toxic with lots of sides if taken orally. Isotretinoingel . Works like a charm.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
TOPICAL accutane, that shyt is toxic with lots of sides if taken orally. Isotretinoingel . Works like a charm.
It is and is toxic if taken TransD also as it needs to be filtered by the liver.

OK **** really passing out now I can't even explained myself anymore.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
It is and is toxic if taken TransD also as it needs to be filtered by the liver.

OK **** really passing out now I can't even explained myself anymore.
I don't believe that much of it goes systemic tbh when applied in that gel form.....that gel probably would have a bitch of a time penetrating the skin to that level, I think its more geared to do its job on the layers of skin where acne happens. Now taking it orally? that ups the toxicity 100X in my opinion. Think about all the things we have to do to get transdermals that are geared for absorption to do their job....adding phlojel or DMSO or whatever, to gels that have alcohol and whatever already in there to aid with absorption. These standard gels are mostly going to affect the localized area you apply on, but there is no way to stop all 100% of it from reaching your system

Sr_505

Sr_505

Awards
  • Established
Isotretinoin has been waaayyyy more effective for me used orally than topically. And the sides are way over blown... The depression/suicide bs is just some parents wanting to blame their kids suicide on something other than themselves.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Isotretinoin has been waaayyyy more effective for me used orally than topically. And the sides are way over blown... The depression/suicide bs is just some parents wanting to blame their kids suicide on something other than themselves.
In defense of your argument, the more severe nasty sides are listed in the rare or infrequent categories....with the more minor stuff being listed as more commonplace sides....that being said, do you want to have long term liver damage creep up on you? do you want to have possible mental side effects causing you to want to kill yourself or whatever? I'd rather not mess with it....I know where I get acne, so I can just apply a topical there. I don't need system wide acne protection, just on my face and shoulders and maybe sometimes on my arms in specific places. This is the reason for gels/topicals, so you don't need to take some of this harsher stuff orally and making it available system wide. Same goes for spironolactone for example, causes bitch tits like a mofo orally among other undesirable sides when taken orally, yet it can be used as a topical anti-androgen on the scalp to combat MPB in lotion and liquid form which does not go systemic. Many of these things should just be applied topically to the affected area as opposed to taken orally....JMO and how I do it to avoid the possible sides.

chiduprasad

Awards
A good multivitamin will help... B-complex has personally helped me to get rid of acne.. Cheap and the best!!

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
change bedsheets often, clearasil, dawn dishsoap works wonders, and make sure you tan. Those are what I do, helps a lot!

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Get sun on the affected areas.. not to the point of blistering but when I get sun abd get some color my acne disappears. . My skin is less oily. When I get some UV my skin gets silky smooth.. thats why I go to tanning bed moderately

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I used to rub the nizoral shampoo on the affected areas too....I was putting it on my scalp anyways so.....stuff is anti-bacterial/fungal or whatever :D, it works well I will say that since I used it in place of isotretinion once when I ran out.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
My idea of silky smooth manskin is a bit different than silky smooth lady skin lol

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
My idea of silky smooth manskin is a bit different than silky smooth lady skin lol
yeah because yours is all stubbly from shaving it, and the girls is all naturally smooth...esp the teenagers, not that I would ever touch teenage skin :D

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
yeah because yours is all stubbly from shaving it, and the girls is all naturally smooth...esp the teenagers, not that I would ever touch teenage skin :D
U pettyfile.. lol. I don't know how to spell the actual word right now so that'll have to do..

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
U pettyfile.. lol. I don't know how to spell the actual word right now so that'll have to do..
I know since I've been convicted of it about 12 times LMFAO j/k.........its pedophile. I can't even have a jaywalking charge on my record or I'd lose my job most likely lol

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I know since I've been convicted of it about 12 times LMFAO j/k.........its pedophile. I can't even have a jaywalking charge on my record or I'd lose my job most likely lol
U work in a daycare?

marksdiman123

Awards
A small source of gamma linolenic acid. Let it build up over time. Personally I take Spirulina