getting fat on a cycle

cobain67

Banned
Awards
I seem to have lost all definition and my lower midsection is really flabby now, and I am on week 3 of my m14add, 1-test, syngex II stack. I am 166lbs and take in 3500 calories per day, ALL are clean consisting of Oatmeal, Oatbran, Whey Isolate, Egg Whites, BNLS chicken breast, Extra Lean Turkey and Cottage cheese.
I am up about 15lbs and am on day number 19 of my cycle. I used to be able to see the veins in my arms, but now they've gone. I recently started taking MDHT and Cornsilk to see if that would help, but its too soon to tell. My waist has gone from 30" to 34" and I just feel like going on an all-out cut to lean out. I just feel so goddamn fat!

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
its water weight. thats why your up 15lbs in 19 days it will go away after the cycle

cobain67

Banned
Awards
The skinfold calipers read alot more than they used to:( I REALLY hope you are right, because I have sure increased my cals higher than a normal bulk would be for me.

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you can eat more cal's with out gaining to much fat when your on as long as you don't go crazy with the fats and sugers. you still should have a sold diet with a cheat now and then. but make shore ya get lots of proten. Oh as far as the weight if you had not been on a cycle and just up you cal's to 3500 to bulk I would find it hard to buy you gaining 15 in 19. happy gaining

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
yea dude, your worrying too much, I have seen a couple of your posts about your cycle. That is what m14add does to you, go gain lots of water, its not fat.

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
yea dude, your worrying too much, I have seen a couple of your posts about your cycle. That is what m14add does to you, go gain lots of water, its not fat.
dont mislead the guy - SOME of what he is getting is fat. the estrogen from that M1,4ADD that has helped you gain 10 frickin percent of your bodyweight in under three weeks (which is ridiculous) will cause 1) lots of bloat 2) some fat.

dont freak out and cut. wait til the strength gains come and finish it off with MDHT. keep your diet solid and you might keep most of those gains.

BTW - i'm pretty stoked about this guy's results, with an M1,4ADD-started cycle in my near future. i love getting swole up cuz i know at the end i'll keep most of it and come out looking way better.

cobain you were only 151lbs when you started the cycle??? either you jumped the gun on pro-steroids or you're the ultimate hardgainer.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I remember him saying he was somewhere in the 200's then lost a whole bunch of weight after getting in a car accident. I am assuming he wants to gain his weight back as quick as possible as we all would (being 100lbs would suck)

TheTom

Awards
  • Established
I think one of the main reasons people get fat early in their cycles, is because they start upping their calories too high before the steroid can take full effect.

The effects build up over time and so should your calories. The first 4 to 5 days of any fast-acting cycle, calories should be kept moderate. When you start to really feel the effects of the steroid, is when I'd start really upping the calories.

Before the steroid kicks in, your 100% natural in terms of nutrient-partitioning, and that means all those extra calories your taking in will be stored as fat.

But after the steroid kicks in to full effect, your body should be really efficient at partitioning nutrients and fat gain shouldn't come as easily.

For a cycle consisting of nothing fast-acting, I would probably wait 2 full weeks or until the steroid takes full effect.

That's where the worst bloating/fat gain comes from. When someone is doing a Testosterone Enanthate only cycle, and they start upping cals by 1,000-3,000 after the first injection. But the steroid probably won't kick in for a good 2.5-3 weeks.

Thats like 2.5-3 weeks of pure fat/water gain.

Moral of the story: Be patient.

cobain67

Banned
Awards
ok.. so I popped MDHT before my wkouts yesterday and today, and have lost 2lbs of water. I am a little mixed as to whether or not I should drop the MDHT or keep running it this early on.. I am curious as to whether or not it would hurt my gains or not...

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok.. so I popped MDHT before my wkouts yesterday and today, and have lost 2lbs of water. I am a little mixed as to whether or not I should drop the MDHT or keep running it this early on.. I am curious as to whether or not it would hurt my gains or not...
How long is your cycle?

embrace

Awards
dont sweat it bro. every time i start to bulk, cycle or not, i feel like a big fat ass for a couple of weeks. i get the same feelings you have about just wanting to quit and cut so I can get my nice veiny arms, legs shoulders back. This game is lifelong though. If you wanna make any progress you have to understand that sometimes feeling like a lard ass is part of it. normally after about 3-4 weeks of being at my "new" weight I begin to feel comfortable in my body again.

Remember, it's most likely that you still look better than 90% of all guys out there
Now go eat till ya wanna yack ;-)

cobain67

Banned
Awards
I usually hit this diet to a tee every day.

8:00am:
1/2c Grapefruit Juice
40mg M14add
MultiVitamin
Fish/Flax Oil

8:15am:
6 Egg Whites & 1 Yolk
1c OatBran
1 Scoop VPX Zero Carb Protein
100mg R-ALA

8:45am:
2 Scoops BSN NO-Xplode
3cc VPX 1-Test
5cc VPX Syngex II
BCAA Stack

9:15am: AM Workout

10:45am Post-Workout:
Either 4 scoops SAN MyoDrive or 4 Scoops VPX NitronX
300mg R-ALA
1g Vitamin C
Potassium

12:00pm:
20mg M14add

12:30:
1c OatBran
2 Scoops VPX Zero Carb Protein
100mg R-ALA

2:30pm:
1/2c Grapefruit Juice
40mg M14add

2:45pm:
1c OatBran
100mg R-ALA

3:00pm:
2 Scoops BSN NO-Xplode
3cc VPX 1-Test
5cc VPX Syngex II
BCAA Stack

3:30pm: PM Workout

4:45pm Post Workout:
300mg R-ALA
1g Vitamin C
Potassium

6:00pm:
1c OatBran
8oz. Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast
1-2c Broccoli (steamed)
100mg R-ALA

9:00pm:
2c Fat-Free Cottage Cheese

9:30pm:
MultiVitamin
Fish/Flax Oil
6 Caps VPX CMZ
Melatonin
GABA
5-HTP
2cc VPX 1-Test
20mg M14add

10:00pm: Sleep

does it look ok? it is roughly 3500 calories.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I am glad I saw this thread. I was JUST thinking about something like this yesterday night.

It seems that most people, myself included, start a cycle and immediately up the calories to the highest level the VERY first day. I am really questioning the intelligence of this. My next bulk I will increase it gradually over 2 weeks so the highest level of calories will be when the AS or PH is really kicked in and my metabolism has a chance to increase rather than going from maintenance to HIGH level.

Then increase the calories as the body weight increases.

This MAY have helped you a bit in your cycle but I do agree with what most people said here it is mostly water weight but some fat and muscle too.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's just water and bloat Cobain. I ended my M1,4ad cycle about 2 weeks ago and I've lost about 10 pounds and gone down from a 35" waist back to my usual 32". I've kept some lbm and am looking better than pre-cycle.

I'd keep using the MDHT as I've ended up with way too much estrogen even this far into PCT. Still have puffy nipples.

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I usually hit this diet to a tee every day.

1/2c Grapefruit Juice
40mg M14add
MultiVitamin
Fish/Flax Oil

6 Egg Whites & 1 Yolk
1c OatBran
100mg R-ALA

2 Scoops BSN NO-Xplode
3cc VPX 1-Test
5cc VPX Syngex II
BCAA Stack

300mg R-ALA
1g Vitamin C
Potassium

20mg M14add

1c OatBran
100mg R-ALA

1/2c Grapefruit Juice
40mg M14add

1c OatBran
100mg R-ALA

2 Scoops BSN NO-Xplode
3cc VPX 1-Test
5cc VPX Syngex II
BCAA Stack

300mg R-ALA
1g Vitamin C
Potassium

1c OatBran
1-2c Broccoli (steamed)
100mg R-ALA

MultiVitamin
Fish/Flax Oil
6 Caps VPX CMZ
Melatonin
GABA
5-HTP
2cc VPX 1-Test
20mg M14add

does it look ok? it is roughly 3500 calories.
no! you need real food, if protein was as simple as drrinking a shake every 2-3 hours every body would get all they need. ya need some solid food in the afternoon, and that doesn't mean protein bars.

MMA

Awards
I second that, man you are taking in way to much protien through shales, there needs to be real food in there as well.

cobain67

Banned
Awards
This diet bloats the hell outta me, I couldn't imagine eating more.. I mix the Whey in with my oatbran. I guess I could replace one Oatbran+Whey meal with a Meat+Rice/Sweet Potato meal..

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you have to eat big to get big! powder and bars are supplements and can help if used properly, but in know way can they replace real food. If your diet is not good you should not even be on a cycle because your gains will be extremely hard to keep.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
If you are only 166 pounds 3500 calories may be steep. I am 248 and I bulk on 3500 calories.

FZane

Awards
I concur! Get some real food! Shakes are great per & Post workout and perhaps a micellar casein
before bed beyond that you should be getting 6 "REAL" meals a day.

cobain67

Banned
Awards
Ok... how's this 'revised' diet??

1/2c Grapefruit Juice
40mg M14add
MultiVitamin
Fish/Flax Oil

6 Egg Whites & 1 Yolk
1c OatBran
100mg R-ALA

2 Scoops BSN NO-Xplode
3cc VPX 1-Test
5cc VPX Syngex II
BCAA Stack

300mg R-ALA
1g Vitamin C
Potassium

20mg M14add

7oz. sweet potato

8 oz. Chicken Breast
100mg R-ALA

1/2c Grapefruit Juice
40mg M14add

1c Brown Rice
7 oz. Salmon
100mg R-ALA

2 Scoops BSN NO-Xplode
3cc VPX 1-Test
5cc VPX Syngex II
BCAA Stack

300mg R-ALA
1g Vitamin C
Potassium

1c Black Beans

1-2c Broccoli (steamed)
100mg R-ALA

OR
50g Micellear Casein

MultiVitamin
Fish/Flax Oil
6 Caps VPX CMZ
Melatonin
GABA
5-HTP
2cc VPX 1-Test
20mg M14add

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
dont sweat it bro. every time i start to bulk, cycle or not, i feel like a big fat ass for a couple of weeks. i get the same feelings you have about just wanting to quit and cut so I can get my nice veiny arms, legs shoulders back. This game is lifelong though. If you wanna make any progress you have to understand that sometimes feeling like a lard ass is part of it. normally after about 3-4 weeks of being at my "new" weight I begin to feel comfortable in my body again.

Remember, it's most likely that you still look better than 90% of all guys out there
Now go eat till ya wanna yack ;-)
dude get a different avatar. at least something hetero - we dont want to see that.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
dude get a different avatar. at least something hetero - we dont want to see that.
I just looked at your picture thread and I wouldn't call that picture of you on the fence and laying in bed very hetero.

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
I just looked at your picture thread and I wouldn't call that picture of you on the fence and laying in bed very hetero.
haha....fair enough...but you had to actually OPEN that one, ie. go to a thread where pics w/o a shirt on are expected. i just dont appreciate seeing a guy with his hands down his pants (that's the part i wasnt really pleased about) all over non-related (and therefore invountarily viewed) threads.

embrace

Awards

sorry bro.....didn't mean to offend ya. is there something you have against things that aren't 100% hetero? ya know i see avatars of guys flexing all the time...is there anything more hetero about a guy flexing for a camera than a guy buttoning his pants for the camera. Wouldn't the world of bodybuilding be so great if we all hit our best poses in the same exact way. If me flexin' a bicep so you can see my shaved armpit makes you feel more manly, I could accomodate you. Besides, I'm sure the non hetero crowd doesn't mind much

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha....fair enough...but you had to actually OPEN that one, ie. go to a thread where pics w/o a shirt on are expected. i just dont appreciate seeing a guy with his hands down his pants (that's the part i wasnt really pleased about) all over non-related (and therefore invountarily viewed) threads.

Anything else you would like to complain about?

cobain67

Banned
Awards
hmm... it seems that I lost a little water over the past day or two... although right beneath my chest seems to be BLOATED AS HELL. I look round like a goddamn egg

Edge

Awards
lay off the cottage cheese if your worried about retention...its dense in sodium..
Mine is like 600Mgs per half a cup...

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
Anything else you would like to complain about?
um....your pointless and unproductive posting?

embrace - there is a difference between "showcasing muscularity" by being shirtless and/or shaven and being overtly sexual. i can see a male form and appreciate the work and the development without it being a sexual matter....the minute he has his hands on his pants button is the minute it moves into the "overtly sexual category"

dude - all i'm saying is i would appreciate if you didnt advertise. this isnt a gay matchmaking forum (i hope) so maybe let's keep it focused on the science of building muscle and not cruising for dudes....plenty of other places for that i'm sure.

cobain67

Banned
Awards
cmon, lay off each other... who really gives a f***, people will think what they want in the end anyways....

THEBRAKES

Banned
Awards
No one else cares about it so why dont you hit THE BREAKS.
:lol:
wow rebel you really are the king of pointless and unproductive posts. wait, hasnt that already been said? oh ****, your condition is contagious!

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My posts are very productive it is just that sometimes i have to take time out and speak with people like yourself that are not on my level in any way. How productive are your posts when all you do is cause problems. When do you ever give anyone any advise that is useful?