Newbie help please! Oral 1st cycle. - AnabolicMinds.com

Newbie help please! Oral 1st cycle.

1. New Member

Newbie help please! Oral 1st cycle.

Going to get myself some Anavar as a first gentle cycle coming back from injury, well an appendix operation to be precise!

I've been training solid for 4 years and am 30 years old, 5'9" and 155lbs currently.

I'm well lean as lost a lot of weight from not training or eating as much. I've never used AAS before but know enough from this site and others to give it a go. I don't need or expect massive gains from an Anavar cycle alone but a bit of lean mass would be nice. I'll then consider further cycles using test, but I don't want to start with the needles straight off.

I will get proper PCT in place before I start (Nolvadex)

What can I expect in terms of gains and sides, any info would be useful?

Thanks, Fairplay

2. king of useless information!!!

I don't want to be the preacher guy but I will. You may want to consider regaining some of the weight you lost post-op w/o steroids. A solid diet and training schedule should be able to put some lbs back on. In fact you NEED a solid diet and training schedule to keep any of the gains you get from an AAS cycle.

To get an idea of what gains/sides you'll experience, you may want to search the Cycle logs and see what others have experienced.

Post you cycle and PCT too so other guys here can give their $.02 and help out if need be.
  3. New Member

Cheers kmac...No worries on preaching, all info. is helpful. To fill you in a bit more, I will be training w/o the Anavar to gain lost weight as soon as I'm fit. My diet is already pretty good, clean with counted calories which I'll raise when I begin training again (currently around 2500 per day whilst not training, will raise to over 3000 when I do). My training schedule is currently, well will be again when I'm fit, on a 3 day split and alternates monthly between 5x5 and 3x8. I also do 30 mins cardio twice a week.

I want to try the Anavar to help with some lean gain to get me over my previous weight....Doesn't need to be huge gains, but I want them lean and with minimum sides, I've heard Oxandrolone can help with this.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

The max gains I've read of are about 10-15lbs. I can't remember the how long those guys' cycles were though. LBM gain is going to depend on the diet though. Be careful if you do hit up the var cause you'll be able to increase the weights pretty quickly in 10-14 days. If you just stick with 5 lb weight increases per week on the big exercises, you'll be less likely to injure a tendon. I don't usually read of sides at 30-50mg / day , but higher, some people get headaches.

Also, if you don't want to stick yet....maybe a dermal Test-no-ester (TNE) would be good for you? I'm thinking you may get more bang for your buck that way, even though there's a little work involved. Just a thought.

Best of luck to ya

-2z-
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by -2z-
    The max gains I've read of are about 10-15lbs. I can't remember the how long those guys' cycles were though. LBM gain is going to depend on the diet though. Be careful if you do hit up the var cause you'll be able to increase the weights pretty quickly in 10-14 days. If you just stick with 5 lb weight increases per week on the big exercises, you'll be less likely to injure a tendon. I don't usually read of sides at 30-50mg / day , but higher, some people get headaches.

Also, if you don't want to stick yet....maybe a dermal Test-no-ester (TNE) would be good for you? I'm thinking you may get more bang for your buck that way, even though there's a little work involved. Just a thought.

Best of luck to ya

-2z-
    Cheers 2z, thanks for the advice. I'm going to up the calories for the cycle but mostly in protein and a complex carbs. I'll run 40mg ed for 6-8 weeks depending on budget. I've heard sides should be low but I'll run Nolvadex PCT on a tapered dose for 4 weeks straight after the cycle. Thanks again mate.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.

Man......6-8 weeks of anavar sounds yummy...lol.

Let us know how it goes man. Oh! I almost forgot. Several people have said that doing creatine (CEE or mono) seems to really make the anavar shine. Not sure why, it's just what I've read. Enjoy!
    ....and be safe when receiving "gifts" from Santa!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. PCT help please, H-Drol cycle
    By batterypower in forum Bulking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 09:09 AM
  2. Here is another "Help with my 1st cycle" thread
    By MIDLIFECRISIS in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
  3. HELP PLEASE WITH A CYCLE
    By Mikeyb812 in forum Supplements