Help me interpert my M1T related bloodwork

Oatmeal_King

Awards
I am typing out the protocols, results, and comments I have from a recently concluded 14 day M1T cycle and will post in the cycles forum for the benefit of anyone interested.

I am puzzled by some of my bloodwork results, though, and wanted to first post that here and see if I could find some guidance in how to interpert the results.

I did bloodwork approximately two weeks prior to the cycle to establish a baseline and had another blood draw on the last day of the cycle. I plan additional bloodwork on day 21 of the PCT and the last day of the year (which should be about six weeks since the cessation of M1T).

..........Base........M1T(Day14)..PCT(Day14).Six weeks later

ALT.......26..........53..........33..........0
AST.......22..........34..........24..........0
ALP.......66..........39..........56..........0
HDL.......62..........17..........37..........0
LDL.......97..........153.........66..........0
TEST......343.........18..........603..........0

The most puzzling thing is the total test numbers. I know I should have checked free test, but it would double the cost of the bloodwork. Regardless, I find the 18 result after 14 days of M1T strange. Should it have not been zero at that point??? Does this mean I did not incur total shutdown?? A fluke?? Any comments?

Ok so the liver values indicate some hepatic distress, but it was not as bad as I had feared. I am using everything I can right now to support liver function as part of PCT. I am considering a gallbladder/liver flush procedure, though I am not sure it would make any difference beyond maybe exorcising some gallstones.

The most troubling aspect of this is the devastating effect on HDL; from 62 to 17 in 14 days. I HOPE that I can get back to the near optimal lipid levels I enjoyed prior to this experiment. I am doing the standard dietary stuff to raise HDL (oatmeal, olive oil, avocado, red wine, basically lots of soluble fiber and monounsaturated fats) but have not started any cardio (other than 10 minute warm up prior to training) as I am waiting for hormones to normalize a bit before generating any more cortisol than is required.

I am going to withhold my judgement on the cost/benefit analysis of M1T till I see how much of the gains are retained by the end of PCT and how long it takes to correct my now dire cholesterol.

Comments?

PS: Capsule version of results: This was my first androgen use. I gained 17lbs total. On the 8th day of PCT I am still up 14lbs. At least 2-3 lbs of that is fat. I will post all the details in the cycles forum as soon as I have a chance.

Last edited:
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I don't view the test level as anything too suprising. You're not 100% shut down..just 97% shutdown so no significant difference really. It still might crash to absolute zero in the next few days as M1T or its metabolites seem to stick around for a few days.

Everything else seems to be on par for a post M1T cycle..and that is to say BAD. Sounds like you have your program in order to deal with it as best as one can.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Before reading the whole post, I read it as though 6weeks post cycle, all results were zero. :s

Doesnt Niacin also help with the HDL?

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
1. What was your M1T dosage ?

2. Thanks for sharing your bloodwork results. The more the better.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah keep us posted on that bloodwork

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Niacin, Red Yeast rice, policosanal. Garlic. Mono unsaturated fats. I would invest in these or atlest some of them. As far as cardio, I suggest keeping it at a low intensity, as any kind of all out cardio when your heart is already under stress from poor lipids would warrant unwanted results. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:

Oatmeal_King

Awards
Thanks for the comments.

The dosage ramped up from 10mg to 20mg, basically about five days at each of 10mg, 15mg, 20mg. I will post my overly verbose summary in the cycles section as soon as I can.

Ryansm, thanks. I am going to look into a few of those as they are unfamiliar.

Good point about the cardio. I will start at 20min x 60% of Max HR. As a former competitive cyclist such a training protocol sickens me, but that is part of the price I am paying for cheating a year or so worth of gains.

Ah well, done now.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
baseline test was a tad low. but, wait your 34. that might be on par

Oatmeal_King

Awards

Also:
GGT is 13.

Years ago, when I still maintained a pretense at being a professional cyclist I had a HCT around 48. Now, I am nowhere near that level of conditioning anymore, but my HCT showed up as out of range at 41.2??? Not good. I am confused by that.

Anyway the disastrous blood lipid situation seems to have turned around nicely. I will continue my dietary practices in hope of even better cv health.

I am still up some 14 lbs after ~18 days of PCT. Strength has been maintained as well.

It could be worse.

At this point, I would be willing to consider another M1T cycle next year around this time. It is moot though - as I got 4 bottles of superdrol. :thumbsup: I, therefore, doubt I will be fucking around with M1T again.

In the bigger picture, I do not want to start using androgens of any type extensively. It was just too easy to get 10 lbs in two weeks.

Hmmm.

kenwx23

Awards

Hmmm.
Your results indicate it isn't quite the death sentence we may have though it to be. Moderate dosages and short cycles seem to be key. I wonder how your values would have been effected had you started at 5mg, then 10, then 15.

Ken

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
Niacin, Red Yeast rice, policosanal. Garlic. Mono-poly unsaturated fats. I would invest in these or atlest some of them. As far as cardio, I suggest keeping it at a low intensity, as any kind of all out cardio when your heart is already under stress from poor lipids would warrant unwanted results. Thank you for sharing.
Stay away from Polyunsaturated fats. They are not good for lipids. Poly and Transfatty are worse than saturated fats.

ZackMurphy

Awards
Well, your ALT has come down nicely, so that's good to see. But Jesus - your test # - 603? You're 18 again. I imagine that's going to come back down pretty soon, but go figure. Wouldn't have expected it THAT high.

Those HDL/LDL figures are puzzling. I mean, I assume they're right, but I'll be especially curious to see how those come around on your next test, too.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stay away from Polyunsaturated fats. They are not good for lipids. Poly and Transfatty are worse than saturated fats.
You're right, I forgot about that, my bad. Thanx for pointing that out.

Oatmeal_King

Awards
I am a little stunned at the quick turn around in the lipoprotien situation.

I can only guess that via my dim understanding of phsyiology that this is a function of the high fat / high soluble fiber / moderate carb diet I am using for PCT.

The fat stimulates bile release, but the soluble fiber binds the bile causing excretion instead of reclamation in the intestine. Therefore the loss of bile causes the liver to utilize more cholesterol (scooping up LDL by the liver) for bile synthesis.

Presumably, this will lower total cholesterol. Coupled with high monosaturate consumption and low intensity cardio, HDL should rise.

I am a little fat / insulin resistant right now, which might help as well.

My theory anyway. Who knows.

WRT: testosterone. My baseline levels might be a little on low side as the blood draw was taken shortly after completing a cut that took me well below set point for an extended period. On the other hand, maybe the higher number is just the nolvadex effect.