Creatine on cycle

Shorty6890

Shorty6890

Awards
Currently on a stano epi cycle and im running creatine mono while on and have been told to save it just for pct. I read that the extra stress on the liver is very minimal and so I wanted peoples thought on creatine while on or no

Red9

Red9

Awards
Save creatine for pct my man. When you come off of epi, you will lose some water and weight, and creatine will aide in this. Creatine mono will also help you solidify those gains and hold onto everything you worked hard for during cycle. Moral of the story, CREATINE FOR PCT!

Shorty6890

Shorty6890

Awards
Good looks red I appreciate the response. Ill save it for pct

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I completely disagree with so much said here...

Creatine is a vital part of the muscle building processes and strength boosting process while lifting that it should be considered for use year round.

Contrary to waaay outdated beliefs you don't need to load creatine, cycle creatine or save it for only pct. I would just take it at moderate doses (3-5g/day) with post workout meals containing carbs and preferably a gda. Drink plenty of water and you have almost no bloat, no loss in strength cause of overly depleted ATP stores from our rigorous frequent routines, and minimal to no strain on the kidneys and liver(this is assuming you drink enough water of course and don't have any pre-existing conditions).

Creatine doesn't wear out and your body doesn't gain any sort of tolerance to it, this is a fact. So use it to supercharge your cycle AS WELL AS in pct to help maintain your strength and mass gains.

It's sooo cheap in bulk from nutraplanet it's ridiculous.

With creatine being one of the most thoroughly used and researched modern sports supps made to date, we really should be able to easily dispel all these broscience myths and misadvice. Read up on it, how it works in the body, and the facts that it's a true dietary supplement(found in red meat) and you'll start to realize how silly some of these old "guidelines" sound.

Topic 2.... while with epi you will gain some false glycogen based weight, you won't really retain tons of extra water that you could replace by using creatine in pct alone. Honestly the idea of just trading one water retaining supplement for another anyhow is just absurd... that is a single side effect of both these compounds, not their primary action and shouldn't be looked at as doubling up on 2 of the same thing since their primary moa's are completely different and in fact compliment each other.

Bottom line. Take creatine.

(^I think in just going to put this in my sig already^)

Red9

Red9

Awards
I stand corrected. I just figured it would be a good idea to save it for pct, to help hold onto gains and continue progressing. My apologies.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I stand corrected. I just figured it would be a good idea to save it for pct, to help hold onto gains and continue progressing. My apologies.
No need to apologize bro. You were in the act of helping your fellow info seeker, i applaud your willingness to help and be informative with what knowledge you had available to you... now next time a guy asks, you'll be able to help him even more thoroughly.

Glad i could be here to help you both.

Red9

Red9

Awards
No need to apologize bro. You were in the act of helping your fellow info seeker, i applaud your willingness to help and be informative with what knowledge you had available to you... now next time a guy asks, you'll be able to help him even more thoroughly.

Glad i could be here to help you both.
Well you have got to be one of the most respectful members I have encountered on this forum, honestly. I appreciate your kind words, and not only that but you have just helped me out a great deal because I am currently running an epi cycle as well and wish I used creatine now. Too bad today is day 42, my very last day aha

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
Meh, I'm human, i tend to have my good and bad moments.

As for the cycle, too bad, but never a better time to start then now... unless it was 42 days ago, LoL ;)

GotHuge

GotHuge

Awards

Creatine is a vital part of the muscle building processes and strength boosting process while lifting that it should be considered for use year round.

Contrary to waaay outdated beliefs you don't need to load creatine, cycle creatine or save it for only pct. I would just take it at moderate doses (3-5g/day) with post workout meals containing carbs and preferably a gda. Drink plenty of water and you have almost no bloat, no loss in strength cause of overly depleted ATP stores from our rigorous frequent routines, and minimal to no strain on the kidneys and liver(this is assuming you drink enough water of course and don't have any pre-existing conditions).

Creatine doesn't wear out and your body doesn't gain any sort of tolerance to it, this is a fact. So use it to supercharge your cycle AS WELL AS in pct to help maintain your strength and mass gains.

With creatine being one of the most thoroughly used and researched modern sports supps made to date, we really should be able to easily dispel all these bioscience myths and misadvice. Read up on it, how it works in the body, and the facts that it's a true dietary supplement(found in red meat) and you'll start to realize how silly some of these old "guidelines" sound.

Topic 2.... while with epi you will gain some false glycogen based weight, you won't really retain tons of extra water that you could replace by using creatine in pct alone. Honestly the idea of just trading one water retaining supplement for another anyhow is just absurd... that is a single side effect of both these compounds, not their primary action and shouldn't be looked at as doubling up on 2 of the same thing since their primary moa's are completely different and in fact compliment each other.

+1
Creatine while on, creatine while off.

Shorty6890

Shorty6890

Awards
Looks like ill continue the creatine then thanks for clearing that up for me sourdough

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

With creatine being one of the most thoroughly used and researched modern sports supps made to date, we really should be able to easily dispel all these bioscience myths and misadvice. Read up on it, how it works in the body, and the facts that it's a true dietary supplement(found in red meat) and you'll start to realize how silly some of these old "guidelines" sound.

Couldn't have said it better myself. My job here is done.

ultima7e

Awards
I just finished my cycle and with creatine I got the most ridiculous back pumps that 15grams taurine didn't help. Once I cut the creatine the pumps went away.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
creatine in pct bro checking in. i dont disagree with anything the wise fellas above me said and think youd be 100% gold if you used creatine during your cycle but heres my none scientific theory of why i choose not to. when your taking phs/ds id be a hard sell to be convinced youll notice any benefits taking creatine (although i agree that there are benefits), as long as your eating and training right your going to grow like crazy regardless. now when your off cycle everything is going down hill and you start your battle to recover... so i basically use creatine as whatever mental boost i can get coming into pct. with that being said i use creatine 3/4 of the year anyways and i dont think theres any real benefits to cycling it.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
creatine in pct bro checking in. i dont disagree with anything the wise fellas above me said and think youd be 100% gold if you used creatine during your cycle but heres my none scientific theory of why i choose not to. when your taking phs/ds id be a hard sell to be convinced youll notice any benefits taking creatine (although i agree that there are benefits), as long as your eating and training right your going to grow like crazy regardless. now when your off cycle everything is going down hill and you start your battle to recover... so i basically use creatine as whatever mental boost i can get coming into pct. with that being said i use creatine 3/4 of the year anyways and i dont think theres any real benefits to cycling it.
... believe me, you'll see a difference... wether you realize it out not is a question of how familiar you are with the compound your running in the first place and you know how your body feels...especially with compounds like anavar, superdrol and many others that have extreme synergy with creatine...

Last point(aaaaagain) http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-science/216521-supercharging-creatine-baking.html#post3677539.... 1 kilo, that's 200 servings. At $16.99 that's 8.5¢ a serving... in a 30 day cycle that $2.55 of creatine...

Your not telling me that $2.55 is going to keep you from possibly optimizing your cycles results, are you?

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
like i said i pretty much run creatine a large portion of the year, money is a none factor. and im not getting into a debate whether its beneficial because i believe you/ love creatine for good reasons. and yes, i def notice the difference, especially when im not taking it. im sure you know all about the science behind synergistic effects of creatine and sd and thats cool for you, but were talking about a strong ds here, with a proper diet and good training i just dont believe theres going to be much effect from creatine on a superdrol cycle plain and simple. and im willing to trade that slight edge on cycle for an edge on pct when i need all the motivation i can get. i personally just like feeling like im on something so if starting creatine gives me some mental edge than thats exactly what i need during pct. its just about mind games and motivation for me. if i dont weight 230 plus and break all my pr's this next sd run ill be sure to tell you that you were right...and again im not saying anything youve said is wrong and think your advice is solid for sure.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
like i said i pretty much run creatine a large portion of the year, money is a none factor. and im not getting into a debate whether its beneficial because i believe you/ love creatine for good reasons. and yes, i def notice the difference, especially when im not taking it. im sure you know all about the science behind synergistic effects of creatine and sd and thats cool for you, but were talking about a strong ds here, with a proper diet and good training i just dont believe theres going to be much effect from creatine on a superdrol cycle plain and simple. and im willing to trade that slight edge on cycle for an edge on pct when i need all the motivation i can get. i personally just like feeling like im on something so if starting creatine gives me some mental edge than thats exactly what i need during pct. its just about mind games and motivation for me. if i dont weight 230 plus and break all my pr's this next sd run ill be sure to tell you that you were right...and again im not saying anything youve said is wrong and think your advice is solid for sure.
you still don't get it man.

That edge doesn't get better just cause you exclude it from the cycle and restart it in pct.

There is NO tolerance built up to creatine. The ONLY thing you are going by excluding it from on cycle is robbing yourself of those benefits during that time.

In fact if anything, your slowing down its effects in pct since it takes about a week to reach its saturation point in the body. How's that for your mental boost? Your actually shooting yourself in the foot. You want pct motivation, take a preworkout or some stims.

Really, the whole point is, just take it, all the time. There's nothing to lose by taking it and only the ability to lose by excluding it. No benefits to cycling, taking breaks or "saving it" for special times like pct... it will work just as well in those periods as though you had been taking it all along.

The price breakdown was made to help prove this point as well, it's so cheap there's absolutely no reason not to take it, not even monetary reasons.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Totally agree with creatine year round regardless of whether on any kind of cycle or not. The only time I'm not on creatine is when I take breaks from the gym, which is rare. There is way too much science backed information regarding weightlifting and results of creatine supplementation to argue against its positive effects on strength, endurance, and muscle hypertrophy. There are some studies floating around the Internet claiming creatine may have some negative effects on mental anxiety but they're rubbish, used by purists to support their stance on supplement free exercise. Creatine is found in a natural free form in most foods you eat anyways, so saying it can harm you is ignorance at best. Any type of short term activation of muscle fibers can benefit from creatine supplementation. The only type of exercise that I know of where it becomes inefficient is long term duration recruitment of muscle fibers, such as distance running.

In short---> USE IT ALWAYS

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
no i get it man, you make complete sense which is why im not arguing. you just dont get what im saying. the "Edge" i referred to is more placebo than anything, just meant for a mental type thing knowing something else is kicking in after the good stuff on cycle. i think ill sleep fine at night being "robbed" of extra benefits.. because they are minimal in comparison to what ill be achieving. ive never gotten jacked from taking creatine, id attribute it to maybe 5% of my success, and considering SD will contribute like 110% i think ill be alright. even if it takes a week to kick back in, thats the whole point im making man, just knowing that something else is starting to kick in and my workouts still have a chance at improving. purely for the mind games thats all. i think science has a major role in what we do here, but i also feel people focus on it a little to much. getting to know my own body, what gets me going, what motivates me, what gets me excited, thats how i find my personal success. i dont meticulously count macros, i eat the same sort of **** every week, and i like it that way, want to lose weight i eat smaller meals, bulking, add more. i like it simple and dont need science stuffed down my throat but thats just me personally. and thats not saying i dont research and stay educated on what works. like i said, i take creatine most of the year, and cycle on and off stims, i know how i react to the stuff. i also know coming down from a cycle i like to have every mental edge i can get to maximize my motivation to retain the highest % of gains i get. its not science, its just logic knowing how i work. but again i agree, there is no true reason why you should cycle of creatine scientifically speaking and i didnt intend to contradict your point in a demeaning fashion at all, just wanted to offer a different perspective. im sure we both take lifting seriously, but theres plenty of people on here who cycle and then go back to not taking things as serious and lose all their gains, motivation and mind games plays a large part in why people cant keep the gains imo and i just thought this would be relevant.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
no i get it man, you make complete sense which is why im not arguing. you just dont get what im saying. the "Edge" i referred to is more placebo than anything, just meant for a mental type thing knowing something else is kicking in after the good stuff on cycle. i think ill sleep fine at night being "robbed" of extra benefits.. because they are minimal in comparison to what ill be achieving. ive never gotten jacked from taking creatine, id attribute it to maybe 5% of my success, and considering SD will contribute like 110% i think ill be alright. even if it takes a week to kick back in, thats the whole point im making man, just knowing that something else is starting to kick in and my workouts still have a chance at improving. purely for the mind games thats all. i think science has a major role in what we do here, but i also feel people focus on it a little to much. getting to know my own body, what gets me going, what motivates me, what gets me excited, thats how i find my personal success. i dont meticulously count macros, i eat the same sort of **** every week, and i like it that way, want to lose weight i eat smaller meals, bulking, add more. i like it simple and dont need science stuffed down my throat but thats just me personally. and thats not saying i dont research and stay educated on what works. like i said, i take creatine most of the year, and cycle on and off stims, i know how i react to the stuff. i also know coming down from a cycle i like to have every mental edge i can get to maximize my motivation to retain the highest % of gains i get. its not science, its just logic knowing how i work. but again i agree, there is no true reason why you should cycle of creatine scientifically speaking and i didnt intend to contradict your point in a demeaning fashion at all, just wanted to offer a different perspective. im sure we both take lifting seriously, but theres plenty of people on here who cycle and then go back to not taking things as serious and lose all their gains, motivation and mind games plays a large part in why people cant keep the gains imo and i just thought this would be relevant.
I understand.

Different strokes for different folks i guess.

The science hangs too heavily in the back of my head to allow such a mental boost...i have to have a literal knowledgeable benefit added to rely on....and I'm sure it's effects are compounded along with the mental boost i get by adding it.

Keep on keepin on brother.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards

With creatine being one of the most thoroughly used and researched modern sports supps made to date, we really should be able to easily dispel all these broscience myths and misadvice. Read up on it, how it works in the body, and the facts that it's a true dietary supplement(found in red meat) and you'll start to realize how silly some of these old "guidelines" sound.

After disagreeing with Sourdough on another thread, I want back and did some additional research onm this subject. After doing the added research, I completely agree with the statement above, it is spot on. Good job brother.

Zatek

Awards
Creatine is pretty much just a nutrient like protien, as opposed to something with an acute effect like caffeine or a hormone like testosterone. Your body does not does not build up a tolerance to creatine like it does to caffeine. Your body uses what it needs, and any excess is waste. Creatine has even been show to increase strength in elderly and people with muscle wasting diseases, and at just $10-$15 for a year's supply I don't see any reason to ever stop taking it even if you stop lifting weights.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
The science behind creatine is far more important.

ATP is the base for muscular contraction and energy expenditure. It affects nerves, digestion, and of course muscle tissue.
ATP or adenosine Tri phosphate works exactly how it sounds with three phosphate molecules bonded to adenosine molecule.

Hydrolysis breaks these bonds and thus creates energy which in turn leads to muscle contractions and bodily functions. Creator supplementation helps by supplying what's needed to repair these bonds for more energy.

It's like needing an extra battery. You can 'power' whatever you need more efficiently and faster if your drawer is full of batteries rather than just having a few. In this case more is better and creatine supplementation is a good thing

Don't forget red meat is a great source of creatine as well!

-CC