Milk Thistle and Saw Palmetto make prohormones less effective??

sorendo2670

Awards
there have been a few studies done saying that milk thistle lowers androgen receptor activity. This is crucial because when taking prohormones and other synthetic androgens the receptors need to be high.

There have also been studies saying that saw palmetto blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT, thus leaving more of it to convert to estrogen, and since most methylated PH'S are DHT derived would that make them less effective and also increase the risk of gyno? both saw palmetto and milk thistle are useful in maintaining healthy organs such as your liver and prevent prostate enlargement and both of these things are some of the main ingredients in cycle assist products. Are these ingredients really making prohormones that much ineffective or is it not that much to worry about? any thoughts on this?

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
dont know about the science behind that but i stay on milk thistle and saw palmetto (granted I also stay on cycle) and haven't noticed any decrease in the efficiency of my juice.

Riskyb

Awards
From what I've read about Milk Thistle, there are better products out there (ex TUDCA). And I read the same thing about Saw Pametto, I don't know if it will increase estrogen though. I do think it will make certain supplements less effective.

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i have seen that your should take your support stuff about 4 hours after your PH ingestion...

huggy77

huggy77

Awards
i have seen that your should take your support stuff about 4 hours after your PH ingestion...