Getting Injured in the Middle of My Cycle?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Getting Injured in the Middle of My Cycle??

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Getting Injured in the Middle of My Cycle??

Hey guys, I'm on week 5 of my 8 week epitest cycle, and just recently I injured myself pretty good. I don't even know what exactly it is that I did, but every time I go lift I get a killer migraine. The pain starts in my upper neck, and then slowly moves around my entire head. I had to leave the gym the other night because of it. It could be a pulled or spasmed muscle in my neck, or a pinched nerve, I have no clue. But, to get to the point, should I continue to stay on my cycle while I'm injured or what? I really don't know what to do, I've never had this happen to me before.

Also, if this kind of injury sounds familiar to anybody, please let me know what I should do or what you did about it. Thanks!

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Go to pct if injury is bad... Fight again another day
    Purus Labs Anabolic Titan/Rep
    Coach AB @ BossBody.net
    Puruslabs.net
  3. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by brendxn
    Hey guys, I'm on week 5 of my 8 week epitest cycle, and just recently I injured myself pretty good. I don't even know what exactly it is that I did, but every time I go lift I get a killer migraine. The pain starts in my upper neck, and then slowly moves around my entire head. I had to leave the gym the other night because of it. It could be a pulled or spasmed muscle in my neck, or a pinched nerve, I have no clue. But, to get to the point, should I continue to stay on my cycle while I'm injured or what? I really don't know what to do, I've never had this happen to me before.

Also, if this kind of injury sounds familiar to anybody, please let me know what I should do or what you did about it. Thanks!
    What's your epi dose like?
    Could be coming from that a well.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

Go see a chiropractor if you can. Sounds like you've tweaked some kind of nerve though.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  220 lbs.

Muscle relaxers and lay off shoulders for a week. This happens to me everytime I overdo shoulders.
  6. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by brendxn

This...

The 'exertion' headache you describe is a very common occurance. The pain you experience is most likely due to bad posture/form during a workout where your BP skyrocketed and the blood vessels in your neck get trapped. Also, you may have been holding your breath during the movement, causing the blood pressure spike.

My thread goes into more detail: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=25955

To summarise, you need to take 1-2 weeks off the gym for your neck to recover, trying to avoid any exertion (including exercise, sex, masturbation, lifting).

In order to prevent a reoccurance:

- try to correct your posture if it is bad. If you need more information on 'ideal' posture then I can provide that for you. - try to avoid the 'valsava manouver' (holding your breath) whenever possible, concentrate on your breathing until it becomes natural. Most people find its best to breath out on the exertion phase of a movement in an exercise. - allow your CNS (central nervous system) sufficient recovery time, (basically, do not overtrain). Taking a week off from intense training after every three months is usually a good idea.

Note: In my experience, the more you excert yourself with the problem, the worse it gets, and your back to square one. Once you think you have rested enough, get back into things relatively slowly.

Good luck.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.

I've had exertion headaches before they are awful. Took some time off and concentrated on correctly breathing from then on. Haven't had a problem since. They mainly happened during big movements like squats and deadlifts. Good luck with it, hopefully it just goes away like mine did.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  217 lbs.

exertion headaches made me think i had brain tumor. seriously, worst constant pain i have ever been in. jogging on a treadmill felt like i was dying.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

I was thinking the same thing. Haven't had a chance to see the chiropractor yet, I'm on a Naval Base for schooling right now and don't have a lot time. Guess I'm just going to be taking it easy for a few weeks. Don't know if I should start PCT yet or not...
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

Thanks for all of the help guys. I'm pretty convinced that it's an exertion headache as well, or maybe even something going on in my neck. Still don't know if I should start PCT yet or not, as I'm going to be taking at least 2 weeks off... That was hard for me to even type. This is probably the worst headache I've ever received in my life, I can't even do bench press or anything. Again, thank you guys for the help, but could you let me know if I should start PCT now?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2010, 04:48 AM
  2. taking nolva in the middle of epistane cycle?
    By saafanco in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:30 PM
  3. taking nolva in the middle of epi cycle
    By saafanco in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 02:06 PM
  4. Dbol In The Middle of a Cycle?
    By TheMyth in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 12:54 AM
  5. traveling abroad in the middle of my cycle...
    By LilDon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 08:44 PM