Getting Injured in the Middle of My Cycle??

brendxn

Awards
Hey guys, I'm on week 5 of my 8 week epitest cycle, and just recently I injured myself pretty good. I don't even know what exactly it is that I did, but every time I go lift I get a killer migraine. The pain starts in my upper neck, and then slowly moves around my entire head. I had to leave the gym the other night because of it. It could be a pulled or spasmed muscle in my neck, or a pinched nerve, I have no clue. But, to get to the point, should I continue to stay on my cycle while I'm injured or what? I really don't know what to do, I've never had this happen to me before.

Also, if this kind of injury sounds familiar to anybody, please let me know what I should do or what you did about it. Thanks!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Go to pct if injury is bad... Fight again another day

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey guys, I'm on week 5 of my 8 week epitest cycle, and just recently I injured myself pretty good. I don't even know what exactly it is that I did, but every time I go lift I get a killer migraine. The pain starts in my upper neck, and then slowly moves around my entire head. I had to leave the gym the other night because of it. It could be a pulled or spasmed muscle in my neck, or a pinched nerve, I have no clue. But, to get to the point, should I continue to stay on my cycle while I'm injured or what? I really don't know what to do, I've never had this happen to me before.

Also, if this kind of injury sounds familiar to anybody, please let me know what I should do or what you did about it. Thanks!
What's your epi dose like?
Could be coming from that a well.

Jbeezee

Jbeezee

Awards
Go see a chiropractor if you can. Sounds like you've tweaked some kind of nerve though.

bwarkent

Awards
Muscle relaxers and lay off shoulders for a week. This happens to me everytime I overdo shoulders.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
I've had exertion headaches before they are awful. Took some time off and concentrated on correctly breathing from then on. Haven't had a problem since. They mainly happened during big movements like squats and deadlifts. Good luck with it, hopefully it just goes away like mine did.

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
exertion headaches made me think i had brain tumor. seriously, worst constant pain i have ever been in. jogging on a treadmill felt like i was dying.

brendxn

Awards
I was thinking the same thing. Haven't had a chance to see the chiropractor yet, I'm on a Naval Base for schooling right now and don't have a lot time. Guess I'm just going to be taking it easy for a few weeks. Don't know if I should start PCT yet or not...

brendxn

Awards
Thanks for all of the help guys. I'm pretty convinced that it's an exertion headache as well, or maybe even something going on in my neck. Still don't know if I should start PCT yet or not, as I'm going to be taking at least 2 weeks off... That was hard for me to even type. This is probably the worst headache I've ever received in my life, I can't even do bench press or anything. Again, thank you guys for the help, but could you let me know if I should start PCT now?