Katanadrol Feedback... Need some input?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

Am just about to finish a run of Katanadrol v.2.

I ran it alongside with Dermacrine. Katanadrol was at 300/350/400/400/450/450.

Dermacrine steady basically at 6 pumps at day.

Also, would like to point out I was going through Lean Gains program, for a weight loss goal (+10 / -20) and did at least 30 minutes of fasted cardio 5 times a week, switching between HIIT and some lower intensity. Most of the days I did between 40 - 60 minutes of cardio though.

Other supps:

R-ALA
Chromium
DCP
Vit C
Adam Multi
Life Support
BCAA before fasted workouts and then throughout the morning until my first meal
Yohimbine every 3 hours before breaking fast
Caffeine
Garlic
Whey for after workouts

I had my macros basically at 35%carbs/45% protein/20%fat on workout days and 20%carbs/40%protein/40%fat on non workout days.

I still kept my DC training, 3x a week. I got significant gains on all my lifts, even though I was at a caloric deficit. But I got to say (mind you, I was barely doing cardio before I started Kata) I did not notice much of fat loss... My ab circumference actually went up, measurements also went up almost all around, scale weight went up... It almost felt like a bulk cycle rather than a weight loss cycle, and from my understanding Kata is supposed to be a pretty good cutter.

I wasn't expecting miracle loss, since it is only Kata, but I certainly wasn't expecting the scale to go up when I'm burning ~800 calories everyday at the gym and also keeping my calories below maintenance.

I went from ~13% to about 11.5% based on calipers... But that's also while putting on 6lbs.

All in all I guess it was a "decent" cycle, but for the quantity I was running and the usual properties of Kata, I was really hoping a lot more of a cut (still no 6 pack) rather than a bulk.

Comments and thoughts?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
you lost 2.5% bf and gained lean mass, sounds like a winner

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
you lost 2.5% bf and gained lean mass, sounds like a winner
Yeah, again, I wasn't mentioning the bottom line, but the "not as much fat loss as expected".

I wouldn't expect to gain some mass while doing as much cardio, so bonus there. But I would expect losing a lot more of fat, specially with a "cutting" compound and when I was below maintenance. That's my question, how come it ended up working more as a bulker than as a cutter. I still can't see a 6pack and would have thought that doing this much cardio, dropping the calories and taking this I would be able to by now.

BlackGT99

BlackGT99

Awards
Perhaps you should have dropped your cals even further? At any rate, I'd say you had a successful cycle! 2.5% bf gone and you gained lean muscle. Typically you lose fat along with muscle doing intense cardio and eating below maintenance...

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
im no expert but maybe your deficient wasnt as low as you needed to be, ive been reading up on katana for awhile and a few reported lean mass was gained while tryn to cut, def not a bad thing.

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
That's definitely a A+ in my books or in other words successful cycle!

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Guess it's true... Will have to run just a plain cutter next then...

And I would have had a real hard time dropping cals further... I have been starving for the duration of the cycle and have even had a hard time maintaining as low as I did. If I had to drop further i would probably have gone crazy.

Will maintain cardio and BCAAs and perhaps add a lean extreme. Perhaps also the erase I'm running on PCT will help dry it all out.

MrMarc

MrMarc

Awards
Here some tips for next time.

Calories 500 below maintenance, then each week a steady 50-100 cal drop and then figure out if the calories you are at are working etc or satisfied.

Sprints 3x a week, better then your regular cardio.

Carb cycling.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Here some tips for next time.

Calories 500 below maintenance, then each week a steady 50-100 cal drop and then figure out if the calories you are at are working etc or satisfied.

Sprints 3x a week, better then your regular cardio.

Carb cycling.
Did all of the above, pretty much to the tee, only difference is I didn't go 500 under, I went 600 under, kept it there and + on the workout days. Carb cycled as it was Intermittent fasting too.

Sprints were done 3x a week, low intensity done 2x a week, all fasted.