What did arnie take?

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Remember seeing a pic of him when he was about 25oy u could see he was going places fast!ha just wondering what he had?dbol and??

skindog101

skindog101

Awards
Also every pic I see of him he's not bulky like u get with dbol he's toned!how does that work?

Young JD

Awards
He had d-Bol test and nandrolone I believe from what I read he woul run 25mg d-Bol for first 2 weeks then 300-600mg of test for 4weeks then taper down and run the 19 nortestosterone last 2 weeks cuase at the time it was believed since nortestosterone is androgenic weaker your nuts could start to recover while you take it we now know better

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
His genetics were a huge factor in his size etc, it's rumored he didn't take a lot of gear

Young JD

Awards
Yeah genitics play a role in every ifbb pro's size diet and training also play a big role gear is just iceing on the cake

Cheif

Awards
I've heard he was a big fan of primobolan.
Could explain why he was never bloated.
But we will never know for sure hah

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I've heard he was a big fan of primobolan.
Could explain why he was never bloated.
But we will never know for sure hah
He was never filmed or photographed bloated that is. I'm sure he made sure he looked his best when the cameras were around so who knows really

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
he did 4 dbols a day 40mgs and a shot of test a week, thats from ric drasin in rics corner who trained with him.
That sounds about right, I think I remember reading something to that affect somewhere a long time back and whoever was writing about it was mentioning the minimal amounts they used back then compared to the amounts of juice and orher substances used today. Bla bla bla it was something along that line

Cheif

Awards
he did 4 dbols a day 40mgs and a shot of test a week, thats from ric drasin in rics corner who trained with him.
That sounds believable haha.
I've heard he would go 20-30 weeks on dbol at a time.
I don't know about that.. Haha

So many possibilities.
The one you stated seems plausible though.

srblan

Awards
  • Established
That sounds believable haha.
I've heard he would go 20-30 weeks on dbol at a time.
I don't know about that.. Haha

So many possibilities.
The one you stated seems plausible though.
I found a blog post online that showed a cycle that they attributed to him - it was 5 weeks of primo at 600 mg, 5 weeks at 800 mg, 4 weeks at 1000 mg, then 3 weeks at 800, 3 weeks at 600. It was stacked with dbol the whole time, going from 60 with the 600 primo, to 80 with the 800, to 100 with the 1000. Then there was a dbol/deca bridge.

Not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's more info :)

Cheif

Awards
I found a blog post online that showed a cycle that they attributed to him - it was 5 weeks of primo at 600 mg, 5 weeks at 800 mg, 4 weeks at 1000 mg, then 3 weeks at 800, 3 weeks at 600. It was stacked with dbol the whole time, going from 60 with the 600 primo, to 80 with the 800, to 100 with the 1000. Then there was a dbol/deca bridge.

That would be insane! Haha but still believable.
He did what he had to to look his best.
Haha
We should all run the same cycle!

srblan

Awards
  • Established
That would be insane! Haha but still believable.
He did what he had to to look his best.
Haha
We should all run the same cycle!
Lol, they didn't know about PCT then and didn't realize that pyramiding is unnecessary. It's a hell of a regimen, that's a half year cycle and he repeated it after the bridge!

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established

I wonder in overall yearly quantity of gear how that compares to what the pros use nowadays. Guess only the pros knows

srblan

Awards
  • Established
I wonder in overall yearly quantity of gear how that compares to what the pros use nowadays. Guess only the pros knows
I'd guess pretty low compared to pros today, plus they add in things like HGH and insulin.

skindog101

skindog101

Awards

Thanks for all the replys fellas yeah il agree that's a hell of a cycle ha ha stacking with dbol for that long is that possible?gee ur liver would know all about it hey, was there IM dbol back then?but yeah do what evers possible to be the best theres always compromise,

very interesting convo tho he's a legend in my eyes as I'm sure he is in meany others, as is lou frigno, Mick cats etc, crazy bodys! I can appreciate all the hard work and hours to get to where those guy were!crazy!

Husker89

Banned
Awards
the exact quote was "we all did 3 dbols a day and a shot a week. And if you were a certain austrian you would do 4 dbols a day and a shot aweek. The really didnt do that much back then they just trained really hard and arnold did gear since he was 15 thats over 10 years of gear when he was 28 and won he olympia, i hate when people say he has awesome genetics he was taking steroids since 15 thats y he looks so good lol.
Thanks for all the replys fellas yeah il agree that's a hell of a cycle ha ha stacking with dbol for that long is that possible?gee ur liver would know all about it hey, was there IM dbol back then?but yeah do what evers possible to be the best theres always compromise,

very interesting convo tho he's a legend in my eyes as I'm sure he is in meany others, as is lou frigno, Mick cats etc, crazy bodys! I can appreciate all the hard work and hours to get to where those guy were!crazy!

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i hate when people say he has awesome genetics he was taking steroids since 15 thats y he looks so good lol.
I think I get what your saying. There are people that still don't think 99.9% of all pro bodybuilders use steroids and lots of them. But you have to agree his amazing genetics and his insane work ethic were just as important as years of gear. Guaranteed you give someone with garbage genetics and poor training all of the same gear, they still wouldn't be 1/10th the bb icon he is.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I heard it was lots of dbol and primo, not much test use back then from what I hear.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I think I get what your saying. There are people that still don't think 99.9% of all pro bodybuilders use steroids and lots of them. But you have to agree his amazing genetics and his insane work ethic were just as important as years of gear. Guaranteed you give someone with garbage genetics and poor training all of the same gear, they still wouldn't be 1/10th the bb icon he is.
what! you mean ronnie didnt get that big by using cell mass and no xplode....

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
nope, he used creatine and muscle milk

Husker89

Banned
Awards
hahaha. Obviously some genetics and lots of nutrition and hard work go in but these idiots that say its just his genetics like STFU
what! you mean ronnie didnt get that big by using cell mass and no xplode....

srblan

Awards
  • Established
Blahahah ^^^^^ creatine n muscle milk ha ha hahahahah

I thought the hole point of juice is genetics doing matter anymore??????
Not true, how a person responds to gear is genetics-based. Also, how you hold the muscle that the gear helps you gain is determined by genetics.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
you can't change your bone structure or muscle attachments/bellies with gear.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I like to think everyone has a different body style for a particular purpose. Just my stoner theory at the moment maybe but 3 most powerful looking body styles I see in the gym are power lifter, body builder, fighter. Those are the ones I respect and I like to train as mix of all 3 and consider myself a mutt. I like to be well rounded and try and take my favorite aspects of each and incorporate into my routine.

Cheif

Awards
Lol, they didn't know about PCT then and didn't realize that pyramiding is unnecessary. It's a hell of a regimen, that's a half year cycle and he repeated it after the bridge!
PSHHH, who needs that PCT stuff anyways. Lol

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Not true, how a person responds to gear is genetics-based. Also, how you hold the muscle that the gear helps you gain is determined by genetics.
So true, plenty of gym rats running 1 gram of test a week and are half the size of the pros, I really feel that "most" pros don't use as much as we think, but then again there are guys using insane amounts

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Generics are a big part, anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant. Otherwise we'd have tons of people looking like cutler, Jackson, etc running around if all they needed was gear and training.

The sane way people react differently to tren and PHs or orals. Some people don't respond as well as others and some get huge.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Generics are a big part, anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant. Otherwise we'd have tons of people looking like cutler, Jackson, etc running around if all they needed was gear and training.

The sane way people react differently to tren and PHs or orals. Some people don't respond as well as others and some get huge.
^ exactly ^

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
Arnold took alot more steroids than the other guys in his day. franco said it scared him how much he took. But of course Arnolds favorite was "the breakfast of champions" Dbol. One other way you know he took alot of steroids and started early was he had quadruple bypass surgery, if he was not a millionare and had the best care he could very well be dead. But look at what he said in Pumping Iron ...you have to push through the pain period and thats what seperates a champion from a nobody",

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established

I think that being your job and only responsibility has a big factor too. Not discounting genetics but they prolly only get your foot in the door when it comes to that level. Imagine if all you HAD to do is eat , lift , sleep and everything else came second or was extracurricular. You had constant medical supervision and all the best of the best of everything at your disposal. Must be nice

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
I think that being your job and only responsibility has a big factor too. Not discounting genetics but they prolly only get your foot in the door when it comes to that level. Imagine if all you HAD to do is eat , lift , sleep and everything else came second or was extracurricular. You had constant medical supervision and all the best of the best of everything at your disposal. Must be nice
that sounds great haha. eat lift sleep

Husker89

Banned
Awards
No **** face. They are so huge because hey have been doing gear insulin shots after every meal, and hgh. These drugs cost at least 100 grand a year to be on according to a pro who is in prison with his wife for killing some later, think his nae is craig titus. Not only do the do the above listed they eat perfectly and train hard ALL DAY everyday. Thats why no one looks like that cause no one can afford the drugs today in the amounts the use. Stop being a stupid POS

Husker89

Banned
Awards
did anyone look like jay or ronnie in arnolds day? No obviously not. is it because they have these crazy new genetics no one has ever heard of , no it is because after arnolds era that introduced growth hormone and insulin thats why everyone is SO big now. Not becasue they have great genetics. See where im going with this. Did anyone look like arnold b4 him or the guys in the 60's? No because steroids werent out yet. Come on man this is really easy to pick up on. Ya genetics play a role but nothing like what ur saying they do.
No **** face. They are so huge because hey have been doing gear insulin shots after every meal, and hgh. These drugs cost at least 100 grand a year to be on according to a pro who is in prison with his wife for killing some later, think his nae is craig titus. Not only do the do the above listed they eat perfectly and train hard ALL DAY everyday. Thats why no one looks like that cause no one can afford the drugs today in the amounts the use. Stop being a stupid POS

Drizzie88

Drizzie88

Awards
  • Established
His genetics were a huge factor in his size etc, it's rumored he didn't take a lot of gear
I read an article in MD this month that Leon Brown said Arnold only used gear for three months before a show...other than that...not much I guess?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm not getting into name calling because I respect everyones viewpoints, but I agree with jamesm on this. I've seen people with amazing genetics who eat AND train like sh¡t with NO gear get better results than some doing everything right on cycle. Genetics take you to a certain point, knowledge, dedication, and discipline do, and finally responding well to gear( and yes, husker, lots and lots of it. I fully agree with you on that part)

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Did Arnold run a lot of gear? Yes. Over a long period of time? Yes. Compared to what's considered a lot by today's standards? No.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
ya my bad on the name calling did heavy squats and i am on daa and bridge right now, a little angry lol. People dont realize the affect thats hgh and insulin had and has on the sport of BB. And not to mention all the other peptides.
I'm not getting into name calling because I respect everyones viewpoints, but I agree with jamesm on this. I've seen people with amazing genetics who eat AND train like sh¡t with NO gear get better results than some doing everything right on cycle. Genetics take you to a certain point, knowledge, dedication, and discipline do, and finally responding well to gear( and yes, husker, lots and lots of it. I fully agree with you on that part)

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the name calling is out of line here. This is a conversation in which none of the discussed topic is based on official documented fact. It's a speculation. Relax.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
go to rics corner on youtube and watch the three parts where ric interviews steve davis he lays it all out, also watch the robbie robinson interviews great too.
I read an article in MD this month that Leon Brown said Arnold only used gear for three months before a show...other than that...not much I guess?

TomGreen

TomGreen

Awards
Bottom Line Arnold did alot of steroids, people saying he only used a little need to listen what his workout buddies said. I already told yall Franco said that that arnold took so mny it scared him. And all this talk of arnold's genetics....who knows? He started juicing when he was 15 16 years old, he admits to that, and you can just tell by looking that he was. Also a little off topic, the guys back then look way better than they do now. My avatar pic Frank Zane was around 180 and id much rather look like him than any of these freaks now

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Bottom Line Arnold did alot of steroids, people saying he only used a little need to listen what his workout buddies said. I already told yall Franco said that that arnold took so mny it scared him. And all this talk of arnold's genetics....who knows? He started juicing when he was 15 16 years old, he admits to that, and you can just tell by looking that he was. Also a little off topic, the guys back then look way better than they do now. My avatar pic Frank Zane was around 180 and id much rather look like him than any of these freaks now
I'll second that as far as the looks go. I'd rather look like Arnold or those guys back then rather then cutler or ronnie now. Although their accomplishments are great I'm just not into lookin like a man shaped apple fritter! Lol

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ya my bad on the name calling did heavy squats and i am on daa and bridge right now, a little angry lol. People dont realize the affect thats hgh and insulin had and has on the sport of BB. And not to mention all the other peptides.
One of the biggest, strongest guys I know is a mild type 2 diabetic and he's been manipulating his insulin for years. I've also seen him go to the ER 4 times. One of the most incredible, dangerous, and widely used hormones in bodybuilding.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
So he's already type 2 and he's messing around with his insulin???

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep. The guy was a monster but every couple of weeks his stare woukd go blank and he'd start pouring sweat. But that guy repped 365 on squats well into the teens.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Some things aren't worth the cost IMHO....

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's kind of similar to 'oops I abused gear so now I get TRT, yay!. I almost envied him in an irresponsibly effed up way. Except when he would almost die. :/