Testosterone Enanthate - considering using for first cycle ever

ohaithere

Awards
I am just trying to do my research and want to weigh all my options before I do or do not choose to ride the bike.

I am 31 years old and have been lifting off and on for 15 years. I used every fat burner under the sun about 10 years ago, and have used several pre workouts the past few years. My favorite is Animal Pump because I can dump half the stims out or not take them at all. I also use Xtend during my workouts.

Although these products seem to work slightly, I would like to consider the real thing.

Assuming I have a clean diet and train hard 5-7 days a week, I believe this would be a good choice of steroid.

I have been told that I should train hard for 6 months and lose a lot of fat first, then start a cycle, but I have seen a guy go from fat to fit in 4 months on this stuff, so I know it can be done.

I'm trying to do this the safest way on my body with the best results considering safety. I would like to use the Test E to help me lose fat while gaining muscle on a cut over 16 weeks.

I know a guy who has had great results and that's the main reason I am considering this type.

This is the plan I have come up with so far:

600mg/week
2 shots/week (say Mon and Thurs)
Each ml has 400mg. 3/4 ml each shot.
with Life Support for liver/blood pressure maintenance

then start PCT 2 weeks post cycle and use Clomid, or would you suggest Nolvadex too or instead?

Am I missing anything? Mods, I promise not to keep making threads, but felt like this one was necessary.

and Gerbil, I have and will take your advice into account, I would just like a few more opinions.

Thanks in advance guys!

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
Do it up man. Suggestions: use Nolva, have an ai on hand, kick start pct with hcg and run an ph/ps first 4 weeks. Pretty simple.

iSeth

Awards
Hcg? Ph/ps? First 4 weeks of cycle ?
either run a prohormone like Super-Drol or actually just do some D-Bol @ 40mg/ED for first 4 weeks. Id run the Test at 500mg a week. You dont want to run to much to soon. When you first ride a motorcycle would it be better to ride a Ninja 250 or a Hayabusa 1400

Rippee2

Rippee2

Awards
Clomid and nolva are from the 1980's. I use post cycle unleashesed which restores natty, shbg.

Def no on nolva for me! Nolva can also cause ed. U only need nolva if gyno shows.

If trying to loose fat and keep muscle thats in ur diet u need to be eating every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour divided to 6 meals a day.

You need cardio fasted is best in am when gh is the highest.

Dosage is too high imo id run 250-300 ah week max

Test prop is best due to low h2o retention.

Id run Test Prop eod @ 100mg would level to 350mg ah week.

01-10 100mg prop eod
02-5 hcg 125x 2 e4d
8-10 hcg 125x2 e4d
Forma 02-11

11-16 pct and unleashed

9000mg krill oil
1000mg vit c
1000mg of b12 one shot ah week
1000mg grape seed extract a day
500-1000mg ah day of forkillin

1000mg of b3 non flush ed b4 workout

Theres more but imo this is how mine would look

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Each ml has 400mg. 3/4 ml each shot.

Am I missing anything? Mods, I promise not to keep making threads, but felt like this one was necessary.
make sure you keep plenty of ibuprofen around, 400mg/ml gear is painful.

ohaithere

Awards
either run a prohormone like Super-Drol or actually just do some D-Bol @ 40mg/ED for first 4 weeks. Id run the Test at 500mg a week. You dont want to run to much to soon. When you first ride a motorcycle would it be better to ride a Ninja 250 or a Hayabusa 1400
So if I do 16 weeks, you're saying only run D-Bol the first 4 weeks, then use the test the remaining 12?

Clomid and nolva are from the 1980's. I use post cycle unleashesed which restores natty, shbg.

Def no on nolva for me! Nolva can also cause ed. U only need nolva if gyno shows.

If trying to loose fat and keep muscle thats in ur diet u need to be eating every 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour divided to 6 meals a day.

You need cardio fasted is best in am when gh is the highest.

Dosage is too high imo id run 250-300 ah week max

Test prop is best due to low h2o retention.

Id run Test Prop eod @ 100mg would level to 350mg ah week.

01-10 100mg prop eod
02-5 hcg 125x 2 e4d
8-10 hcg 125x2 e4d
Forma 02-11

11-16 pct and unleashed

9000mg krill oil
1000mg vit c
1000mg of b12 one shot ah week
1000mg grape seed extract a day
500-1000mg ah day of forkillin

1000mg of b3 non flush ed b4 workout

Theres more but imo this is how mine would look
shbg? So you're saying test prop is better for a cut? and I'm sorry, but half of the stuff you wrote makes absolutely no sense to me. Its like reading another language :/

make sure you keep plenty of ibuprofen around, 400mg/ml gear is painful.
Can you describe what you mean? How is it painful?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you describe what you mean? How is it painful?
painful is painful. you'll definitely experience soreness to a varying degree in whatever spot you inject, and anywhere from a 1-5 inch radius from the spot. 400mg/ml is a heavy concentration, so it has high solvent levels which cause some localized muscle tissue dryness as the body deals with that, then theres some amount of as the solvents are dissolved the testosterone recrystalizing out inside the muscle tissue which is also painful. Don't inject a calf, bicep or tricep and expect to be able to use them.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
You are a moron who asks for advice then ignores every word of it. On top of this you have zero dedication to fitness or work. You think that anabolics will magically make you strong and lean.

ohaithere

Awards
painful is painful. you'll definitely experience soreness to a varying degree in whatever spot you inject, and anywhere from a 1-5 inch radius from the spot. 400mg/ml is a heavy concentration, so it has high solvent levels which cause some localized muscle tissue dryness as the body deals with that, then theres some amount of as the solvents are dissolved the testosterone recrystalizing out inside the muscle tissue which is also painful. Don't inject a calf, bicep or tricep and expect to be able to use them.
ouch, sounds like a giant spider bite. what concentration would you recommend?

ohaithere

Awards
You are a moron who asks for advice then ignores every word of it. On top of this you have zero dedication to fitness or work. You think that anabolics will magically make you strong and lean.

I didn't see Test E on that chart you sent me. This is a forum, why am I not allowed to ask for a second opinion? Why can't I do my research now so that when I'm ready I will know what to take? I am already strong, but I want to be lean. I know how to get lean, but even after my most successful and long term diets, I still lower had belly and love handle fat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know how to get lean, but even after my most successful and long term diets, I still lower had belly and love handle fat.
Then you don't know how to get lean. You continue on with ether diet. Steroids won't change that.

And 200Mg/ml is standard pharmaceutical dose.

ohaithere

Awards
Then you don't know how to get lean. You continue on with ether diet. Steroids won't change that.

And 200Mg/ml is standard pharmaceutical dose.
But steroids will make you build muscle faster, which in turn will help you burn calories and fat faster, no?

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
Hcg? Ph/ps? First 4 weeks of cycle ?
If your'e asking questions like this....you're not ready. Not being a dick just saying you need to 1)train more consistently for a few years 2)learn more 3)eat better 4) learn more

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I didn't see Test E on that chart you sent me. This is a forum, why am I not allowed to ask for a second opinion? Why can't I do my research now so that when I'm ready I will know what to take? I am already strong, but I want to be lean. I know how to get lean, but even after my most successful and long term diets, I still lower had belly and love handle fat.
ur 5'9" 270lbs.. If yu had a decent bf percentage yu could be a BB.. That tells me yu have a high number bf..your doomed to fail even you do everything correctly for a cycle and get a lil leaner. If yu don't have the discipline to keep your bf lower and yu can somehow manage to eat right for a few months you will most likely just get fat again a few months later

ohaithere

Awards
ur 5'9" 270lbs.. If yu had a decent bf percentage yu could be a BB.. That tells me yu have a high number bf..your doomed to fail even you do everything correctly for a cycle and get a lil leaner. If yu don't have the discipline to keep your bf lower and yu can somehow manage to eat right for a few months you will most likely just get fat again a few months later

love the positive feedback from you guys!

I haven't always been this heavy. This is the heaviest Ive ever been. I had a rough year last year with a bad job and my grandma died, and I'm trying to make a fresh start. I know some guys that use roids to cut, and thats why Im here. and Ive heard mixed reviews. I'm just trying to get more feedback.

thehulk2203

thehulk2203

Awards

I haven't always been this heavy. This is the heaviest Ive ever been. I had a rough year last year with a bad job and my grandma died, and I'm trying to make a fresh start. I know some guys that use roids to cut, and thats why Im here. and Ive heard mixed reviews. I'm just trying to get more feedback.
Well you are on this forum to learn right? These guys are trying to help you to many risk factorys with your bf being that high so like everyone has been saying diet correctly and get your bf lower first.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Eat right, lift regularly and get on the treadmill a lot. No need for steroids in the shape you are in.

Seriously, I see SO many guys in your shape using all kinds of stuff on these boards and all they really need is to do just as I advise and they will very easily achieve excellent results.

2 lbs/week for 16 weeks and you are down 32lbs drug free. When you get down to 220-230lb (depending upon your lbm, which I gather may be minimal for your overall bw considering your recent discipline or lack thereof) then talk supplements and maybe anabolics. Otherwise you are simply wasting your money and unnecessarily risking your health.

ohaithere

Awards
Well you are on this forum to learn right? These guys are trying to help you to many risk factorys with your bf being that high so like everyone has been saying diet correctly and get your bf lower first.
Ok, you are the first to say too many risk factors, and thats what I was worried about. What bf% do you think would be acceptable to start a cycle? <20%

Eat right, lift regularly and get on the treadmill a lot. No need for steroids in the shape you are in.

Seriously, I see SO many guys in your shape using all kinds of stuff on these boards and all they really need is to do just as I advise and they will very easily achieve excellent results.

2 lbs/week for 16 weeks and you are down 32lbs drug free. When you get down to 220-230lb (depending upon your lbm, which I gather may be minimal for your overall bw considering your recent discipline or lack thereof) then talk supplements and maybe anabolics. Otherwise you are simply wasting your money and unnecessarily risking your health.
what is lbm? and I appreciate the response.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
bf % should be 15%-ish with a solid base before a cycle, the risks should have been somewhat obvious given the sides of any steroid cycle:

raised blood pressure: heavier/fatter people have higher blood pressure.
skewed lipid profile: again, heavier/fatter have worse lipids in general
estrogen sides: again fatter people tend to have more estrogen already, so they are more prone to gyno.

lbm lean body mass

ManBeast

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Every pound of fat has 1 mile of blood capillaries, that is one more mile that your blood needs to move. Thus less fat much lower blood pressure.

ohaithere

Awards
Every pound of fat has 1 mile of blood capillaries, that is one more mile that your blood needs to move. Thus less fat much lower blood pressure.
Mind = blown.

Thanks for saving my life guys!

So mad at myself for letting myself get this big.

Roniboney

Awards
Ok, you are the first to say too many risk factors, and thats what I was worried about. What bf% do you think would be acceptable to start a cycle? <20%

what is lbm? and I appreciate the response.
Time to reconsider a cycle if you don't know what lbm means.

15% or lower for a cyclce.You can start it at 16-18% if you'd like but results will seem slower

ohaithere

Awards
Time to reconsider a cycle if you don't know what lbm means.

15% or lower for a cyclce.You can start it at 16-18% if you'd like but results will seem slower
Like I said, I'm just learning. I look pretty sexy at 18% bf, so I can't imagine 10% :p

Chimaera

Chimaera

Awards
Just curious, what are your macro nutrient ratios and when you go into the gym what are you doing first?(lifting then cardio or vise versa)

Rippee2

Rippee2

Awards
At 270 your probly more like 24%

Puts picks so we can better judge

Chimaera

Chimaera

Awards
Google how to measure body fat with calipers. Then go to (a major supplement store near you) and by some calipers. Have a friend measure you out and you will know roughly what your bf% are. Pics can be deceiving

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

At 270 + 5'9, i'd be pretty surprised if he was under 30%. even being at 40% would put him at 190 @ 15%, which is pretty decent sized.

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
Your diet must ne absolute sh*t to be that fat. You could lose the weight by eating right. Juice ain't magic, lrn2diet.

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
Post some pics, it's entirely possible (while highly unlikely) that you are genetically predisposed to carry a larger amount of lean body mass than we all realize. nobody can advise you on the best course of action if we can't see any pics. On a side note, have you had a blood tests done to see just what levels you are actually at? This is a first and foremost to a cycle at your age and body weight. Forget speculation from everyone and get a blood panel done. You can then weigh your options and decide for yourself what suits you best. Only you can make that decision.

Jonny784

Jonny784

Awards
Start counting your calories and you'll lose fat. Maintain a daily deficit. That's all it takes for your situation. Eating "clean" isn't gonna do it. Track your calories daily and maintain a 500 to 1000 calorie daily deficit. I like to use the MyFitnessPal mobile app and a food scale.

Even if you're juicing or doing cardio everyday, without strict regulation of your nutrition and calories, you won't lose fat.

Roniboney

Awards
At 270 + 5'9, i'd be pretty surprised if he was under 30%. even being at 40% would put him at 190 @ 15%, which is pretty decent sized.
I have to agree he must be about 30% bodyfat to be 270 at 5'9.If he was 6 ft 1 or 2 then maybe 20% or so but at that height he is definately a big boy.

OP lose some of the weight first and re-evaluate from there.You may not need drugs you may like the way you look at a leaner bodyweight

ohaithere

Awards

I can't post pics till I get 50 posts, but there is a pic on the first page of this thread. I am a little bigger than the heavy pic now http: //anabolicminds .com/forum/steroids/194134-help-i-am.html

Google how to measure body fat with calipers. Then go to (a major supplement store near you) and by some calipers. Have a friend measure you out and you will know roughly what your bf% are. Pics can be deceiving
I was 23% bf at 217 lbs if that means anything. Assuming I hold onto the muscle I have now, what bf% would I be at 200lbs?

Your diet must ne absolute sh*t to be that fat. You could lose the weight by eating right. Juice ain't magic, lrn2diet.
I'll be honest, it's been terrible for most of the past two years. This is the most depressed I have ever felt in my life. 31 years old, living with my dad (who doesn't work because he's lazy, he hasn't filed his taxes in 8 years and I am his only friend, my other 2 brothers don't talk to him) I got a degree from UF, but don't have a real job yet, worked 3 different dead end jobs the past 2 years since graduating college ,and want desperately to get a real job and my own place so I can have my own life. I even had 6 sessions with a psychologist and still managed to manipulate him and myself and slacked off on my diet and the gym. I wish I had a friend to train with, but all of my friends live 45 mins away. I know a personal trainer would be the best bet for me, but they are expensive. I have always gotten away with everything I have ever done, and never learned discipline, so I always revert to being a lazy sack of **** after dieting and working out for a few months. I have never been able to maintain a consistent workout and diet regimen for a year's time. Usually, the longest I can go without binging is 3-6 months. I lose 20 lbs then gain 30, and I have been doing this for the past 13 years or so, and that's why I'm a ****ing 270 lb whale right now.

Post some pics, it's entirely possible (while highly unlikely) that you are genetically predisposed to carry a larger amount of lean body mass than we all realize. nobody can advise you on the best course of action if we can't see any pics. On a side note, have you had a blood tests done to see just what levels you are actually at? This is a first and foremost to a cycle at your age and body weight. Forget speculation from everyone and get a blood panel done. You can then weigh your options and decide for yourself what suits you best. Only you can make that decision.
Check out the pic in the broken link I posted in this quote, it's on page 1 of that thread. I am 10 lbs heavier than the heavy pic now.

Start counting your calories and you'll lose fat. Maintain a daily deficit. That's all it takes for your situation. Eating "clean" isn't gonna do it. Track your calories daily and maintain a 500 to 1000 calorie daily deficit. I like to use the MyFitnessPal mobile app and a food scale.

Even if you're juicing or doing cardio everyday, without strict regulation of your nutrition and calories, you won't lose fat.
I do fine when I prepare my own food, my problem is that I have probably eaten over 100 large pizzas from Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Little Caesars, and Domino's the past year. Not to mention this girl that likes me is a Chick Fil A manager and gives me free coupons all the time. I really don't understand why I have let myself go this far. I mean, I know why, but there truly is no excuse. I've been working a lot the past year, very early in the morning and all of my friends live 45 mins to an hour away so I never see them during the week. I don't see anyone but my dad and his dog. and the saddest part - that makes me feel the worst - is when I get invited to do something on the weekend, but I feel so fat (like last night, I was going to meet up with this girl on her bday, and I couldn't find anything to wear because my entire wardrobe doesn't fit. I ended up wearing all black, and felt so ****ing fat all night that I was physically and mentally miserable. I have a really nice wardrobe, and I am an attractive guy, but I am completely wasting this aesthetic face and endomorph build(to pack on the muscle) and it's now or never. I want to be ripped and ****ing handsome when I'm 40 years old, banging 20 year olds, and that isn't going to happen unless I make some major changes in my life.

I have to agree he must be about 30% bodyfat to be 270 at 5'9.If he was 6 ft 1 or 2 then maybe 20% or so but at that height he is definately a big boy.

OP lose some of the weight first and re-evaluate from there.You may not need drugs you may like the way you look at a leaner bodyweight
My goal is to get down under 220 lbs, and then re-evaluate my body (with the help of this board)

I appreciate the feedback, even though I have received some negative feedback. Sometimes it's necessary to hear the truth, no matter how painful it can be.

/lifestory

Chimaera

Chimaera

Awards
I was 23% bf at 217 lbs if that means anything. Assuming I hold onto the muscle I have now, what bf% would I be at 200lbs?

If those numbers are accurate, you would be roughly 16.5% bf @200lbs. On the assumption you held muscle mass with your current weight of 270lbs, you would be around 39-40% bf bro. Do as everyone else suggests and mind your calories. If you have a smart phone, find a calorie counter on it and use it to keep track of everything you eat. It should give you you RDI of calories and track your macro nutrients.

ohaithere

Awards

If those numbers are accurate, you would be roughly 16.5% bf @200lbs. On the assumption you held muscle mass with your current weight of 270lbs, you would be around 39-40% bf bro. Do as everyone else suggests and mind your calories. If you have a smart phone, find a calorie counter on it and use it to keep track of everything you eat. It should give you you RDI of calories and track your macro nutrients.
What do you mean by RDI and macro nutrients?

ohaithere

Awards
RDI= Recommended Daily Intake(calories) Macro Nutrients= Total Fat, Carbs, and Proteins.
well, my RDI is around 2600 calories, and I assume you mean like 40 carbs/40 protein/ 20 fat?

Chimaera

Chimaera

Awards
well, my RDI is around 2600 calories, and I assume you mean like 40 carbs/40 protein/ 20 fat?[/QUOTE So how many calories do you ingest in a day if you should only be taking in 2600? If that is what you take in and your not losing weight, you def need to have your thyroid checked bro

ohaithere

Awards
well, my RDI is around 2600 calories, and I assume you mean like 40 carbs/40 protein/ 20 fat?[/QUOTE So how many calories do you ingest in a day if you should only be taking in 2600? If that is what you take in and your not losing weight, you def need to have your thyroid checked bro
lol, right now I am taking in 5000-6000 cals a day if not more.

thats the RDI I need to maintain my weight, but I have been gaining weight.

Roniboney

Awards
Answer is simple. Drink more water! Cut out the junk carbs and saturated fat. You want to transform your body? Make it happen.Discipline!,!!
No the answer is not that.He will need some saturated fat for proper hormonal processes.

The answer for the OP is to lower kcal until he finds his maintenance.When he has found that he should ellicit a deficit of 500-1000 depedning on how much muscle he is willing to lose.Hell when he gets to 20% bodyfat he could even run a PH cycle to get rid of some of his fat and get him down to 12-15% depending on how aggressive his diet is.

Junk carbs and sat fat will make no difference if his overall kcal is higher than he burns.
Its total caloric and macronutrient balance that determines weight gain or weight loss.

I would stay go to 4500kcal.If your still gaining go to 4000kcal if your still gaining go to 3500 kcal and so on and so forth

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No the answer is not that.He will need some saturated fat for proper hormonal processes.

The answer for the OP is to lower kcal until he finds his maintenance.When he has found that he should ellicit a deficit of 500-1000 depedning on how much muscle he is willing to lose.Hell when he gets to 20% bodyfat he could even run a PH cycle to get rid of some of his fat and get him down to 12-15% depending on how aggressive his diet is.

Junk carbs and sat fat will make no difference if his overall kcal is higher than he burns.
Its total caloric and macronutrient balance that determines weight gain or weight loss.

I would stay go to 4500kcal.If your still gaining go to 4000kcal if your still gaining go to 3500 kcal and so on and so forth
Overall as far as macros go, the way to really look at them is through using science.

Protein - you can definitely maintain muscle on somewhere between .6-.8g/lb. And since that number is generated from athletes, given what their lean mass is like vs fat you can probably base it on more like your ideal weight. Still, using .8x270 even gives you a baseline of 216g of protein or 162g at .6. Also mind you that for that amount I have a deep preference to use just whole foods to hit that. If you feel like you need/want more protein, then getting it from shakes is fine, but try to reach at least that 162g from solid whole foods.

Carbohydrates - there is no floor on carbohydrates, as direct intake of carbohydrates is not essential to any bodily process. It may be useful for endurance activities and even for the feeling of recovery, but doesn't particularly have a health impact.

Fats - fats are necessary for a number of bodily processes. The problematic part is that with the outright lies and terrible studies that were generated in the 40s that the American Heart Association used as their platform for heart health, the USRDA for fats is below optimal health levels. Not many new studies are done on fat intake levels as in many universities bringing up higher fat lower carbohydrate diets is close to bringing up creationism in terms of how its treated. Overally I would recommend at least 60g a day of healthy fats.

I'd assume that your 2600 calories is for moderately or lightly active? you'd have to consider that exercise adds to the caloric need. I'd agree with picking a spot lower than you are at now, but not trying to crash down cutting your calories in half in one week. Start learning how to fit healthier cleaner eating into your daily life and make it habitual while slowly cranking calories down.

so beyond what I mention as minimal threshholds above, where your calories come from isn't too critical so long as the majority come from non or minimally processed foods. Sugar is highly processed, white rice, white bread, etc are highly processed. But honey isn't, fruits arent, nuts aren't, and so forth. The % ratio is almost irrelevant, its just a simple guide.

The main reason for cranking calories down slowly is that lipolysis only allows so much in fatty acids from your fat cells to be released into the bloodstream to be used as fuel in a given span of time. Even with steroids and other chemistry experiments i'd say its near impossible to hit even 4lbs of actual fat lost per week. Sure the first week you'll see high losses, but a lot will be from held water weight, some will be from just lower food still in intestinal tract, some fat, and some muscle. but the high rates aren't maintained much past that without also losing muscle.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
With the chick-a-fil, I'm not sure how they are prepared (baked, fried, grilled?) but if they are grilled/baked, you can always just chuck the bun, or half the bun, and order it lite mayo. Fast food is rarely the best answer, but there are often ways to make it better for you. With Pizza though you really are just looking at a box full of trouble lol.

ManBeast

ohaithere

Awards

thanks man. what ph cycle would you recommend? just curious.

Overall as far as macros go, the way to really look at them is through using science.

Protein - you can definitely maintain muscle on somewhere between .6-.8g/lb. And since that number is generated from athletes, given what their lean mass is like vs fat you can probably base it on more like your ideal weight. Still, using .8x270 even gives you a baseline of 216g of protein or 162g at .6. Also mind you that for that amount I have a deep preference to use just whole foods to hit that. If you feel like you need/want more protein, then getting it from shakes is fine, but try to reach at least that 162g from solid whole foods.

Carbohydrates - there is no floor on carbohydrates, as direct intake of carbohydrates is not essential to any bodily process. It may be useful for endurance activities and even for the feeling of recovery, but doesn't particularly have a health impact.

Fats - fats are necessary for a number of bodily processes. The problematic part is that with the outright lies and terrible studies that were generated in the 40s that the American Heart Association used as their platform for heart health, the USRDA for fats is below optimal health levels. Not many new studies are done on fat intake levels as in many universities bringing up higher fat lower carbohydrate diets is close to bringing up creationism in terms of how its treated. Overally I would recommend at least 60g a day of healthy fats.

I'd assume that your 2600 calories is for moderately or lightly active? you'd have to consider that exercise adds to the caloric need. I'd agree with picking a spot lower than you are at now, but not trying to crash down cutting your calories in half in one week. Start learning how to fit healthier cleaner eating into your daily life and make it habitual while slowly cranking calories down.

so beyond what I mention as minimal threshholds above, where your calories come from isn't too critical so long as the majority come from non or minimally processed foods. Sugar is highly processed, white rice, white bread, etc are highly processed. But honey isn't, fruits arent, nuts aren't, and so forth. The % ratio is almost irrelevant, its just a simple guide.

The main reason for cranking calories down slowly is that lipolysis only allows so much in fatty acids from your fat cells to be released into the bloodstream to be used as fuel in a given span of time. Even with steroids and other chemistry experiments i'd say its near impossible to hit even 4lbs of actual fat lost per week. Sure the first week you'll see high losses, but a lot will be from held water weight, some will be from just lower food still in intestinal tract, some fat, and some muscle. but the high rates aren't maintained much past that without also losing muscle.
so you're saying there is no need to make dramatic calorie cuts, just slowly lower my cals. I thought carbs were important for brain functions tho. I know I get really grumpy when I am carb deprived. I will eat brown rice, low sugar oatmeal, and beans.

With the chick-a-fil, I'm not sure how they are prepared (baked, fried, grilled?) but if they are grilled/baked, you can always just chuck the bun, or half the bun, and order it lite mayo. Fast food is rarely the best answer, but there are often ways to make it better for you. With Pizza though you really are just looking at a box full of trouble lol.

ManBeast
the fried sandwiches are so good, but so bad for you. I am going to get them grilled with a wheat bun from now on. and pizza is a mother****er.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. ANY succesful program is the following:
80% Diet
15% Training (including proper rest).
5% Goodies.

Any suppliment is just an edge once the others are dialed in but still stalling.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so you're saying there is no need to make dramatic calorie cuts, just slowly lower my cals. I thought carbs were important for brain functions tho. I know I get really grumpy when I am carb deprived. I will eat brown rice, low sugar oatmeal, and beans.
making dramatic cuts tends to lead to a dramatic failure to lose any more weight by week 3-4 of the diet, as your body has adapted to the relative starvation its in. Slowly lowering the calories helps to avoid that as your body never can quite reach homeostasis. Also it helps make it easier to build the long term habits so that you don't get back into this situation again. I was there, at 39 I was almost 250 lbs and over 40% bodyfat not having been in a gym since high school and eating terribly. Today at 44 i'm roughly 200lbs at somewhere near 11-12% bodyfat. And what I really found was that trying to make those huge changes saps motivation so easily and then leads to you abandoning what you are doing.

So far as carbs being important for brain function, its not really true. Definitely for someone who has insulin sensitivity issues from being obese and eating too much in carbs + sugar your mood can take a beating when you drop out carbs entirely. But thats not a case of the carbs being important themselves, but of your body being so out of whack with how it should be that it responds badly to losing the carbs. I was the same way when I started, you could tell how much in carbs I had taken in that day by how irritable I was. Today, I can take in 400g of carbs in a day, or 10g of carbs in a day and it doesn't have that affect. The sources you mention are good, instead of low sugar oatmeal get raw oats and use stevia to sweeten them. Whole fruits are another decent choice, particularly bananas.

And as you clip calories down (i'd suggest dropping by 500-750 calories every 3-4 weeks) you can allow yourself 1 open meal a week. Eat whatever you want that meal. That way you can still have a meal with family, go out with friends to have pizza and beer or whatever. Not only does it avoid you becoming moodier and withdrawn from not being able to participate in social events, but also helps restore leptin levels which go down as you diet below maintenance.

Roniboney

Awards
making dramatic cuts tends to lead to a dramatic failure to lose any more weight by week 3-4 of the diet, as your body has adapted to the relative starvation its in. Slowly lowering the calories helps to avoid that as your body never can quite reach homeostasis. Also it helps make it easier to build the long term habits so that you don't get back into this situation again. I was there, at 39 I was almost 250 lbs and over 40% bodyfat not having been in a gym since high school and eating terribly. Today at 44 i'm roughly 200lbs at somewhere near 11-12% bodyfat. And what I really found was that trying to make those huge changes saps motivation so easily and then leads to you abandoning what you are doing.

So far as carbs being important for brain function, its not really true. Definitely for someone who has insulin sensitivity issues from being obese and eating too much in carbs + sugar your mood can take a beating when you drop out carbs entirely. But thats not a case of the carbs being important themselves, but of your body being so out of whack with how it should be that it responds badly to losing the carbs. I was the same way when I started, you could tell how much in carbs I had taken in that day by how irritable I was. Today, I can take in 400g of carbs in a day, or 10g of carbs in a day and it doesn't have that affect. The sources you mention are good, instead of low sugar oatmeal get raw oats and use stevia to sweeten them. Whole fruits are another decent choice, particularly bananas.

And as you clip calories down (i'd suggest dropping by 500-750 calories every 3-4 weeks) you can allow yourself 1 open meal a week. Eat whatever you want that meal. That way you can still have a meal with family, go out with friends to have pizza and beer or whatever. Not only does it avoid you becoming moodier and withdrawn from not being able to participate in social events, but also helps restore leptin levels which go down as you diet below maintenance.
Dude you quoted me and I never typed that.That was the OP that typed what you replied to.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, I didn't pay attention to the already broken quote from his post (if you look at it at the top)