Getting my cutting cycle secured (questions)

uniifirex

Awards
Well, its been a long 2 year bulk, and i feel its about time i cut.

I'm about 206 right now at 5'10 3/4's.

Cut goes as schedule
225 protein, 250 carbs, 50 fat (give or take, 2200 calories with marinades and such)

Most sources are chicken and brown rice, fats from PB/nuts.
No cheat meals, no eating out.

5-6 meals a day, long as i hit my macro's and i hit the sack then wake up and repeat
cardio 45min in AM(orPM) at 140BPM
cardio 20 min after workout(shake before cardio but after lifting) 20min at 140BPM

I am on 750mg of test e (standalone)
I am soon to be starting my anti-catabolics but i am TOTALLY unsure how to run it

I'm going to start clen at 20mcg, and ketotifen at 1mg a day, but I've heard numerous ways of running this
either-
clen 2 days on, 1 day off, keto always on
clen 2 weeks on, during 2 weeks off, keto
6 weeks of both straight

I will slowly ramp my clen upward.

since I've been on such a long bulk, stomach is enlarged, and 2200 calories a day is leaving my stomach rumbling between each meal
so i also am wondering

ephedrine? Can i use this to suppress appetite?

MAIN QUESTION IM ASKING-
how to run clen
should i also run ephedrine to suppress appetite

thanks in advance!

laserbluess

Awards
  • Established
i would say pick either clen or ephedrine. im not sure if they both hit the same receptors, but using both doesn't seem like a good idea. i have no way to back this up, its just that clen by itself is very strong. 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off for clen is a good protocol. after 2 weeks you will probably want to come off it for a bit. for appetite suppression, well, not too sure about that. i would say something like dexaprine, but i think that is also a stimulant, which you would want to avoid while on clen. maybe pick up some Power Chews! that's what i just did and it helps me get through those tummy rumblings when my body is yelling at me to eat more!

boxer78

Awards
ECA killed my appetite, clen did not. Just food for thought.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I highly advise against running clen and eca at the same time, monitor your BP carefully as well when using stims on gear.

ManBeast

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are you dropping your cals to 2200 down from?

Don't make a drastic jump down; ease into it (assuming you're jumping from 3k or 3k+).

I'd opt for HIIT cardio over the LISS stuff for extended periods of time (just my preference).

I'd also cycle carbs a bit (don't keep the exact same macros for every single day for the duration).

No eating out is fine, but be sure to once every 2 weeks minimum; probably weekly since you're on test, spike your calories. If you're following 2200/day then do one day a week or every 2 weeks of 3500 calories. Ideally, just eat more clean food sources, but if you did want to have a cheat meal (read: meal, not DAY), this would be the time to do it.

Not adjusting cals will cause your thyroid to downregulate over time and you'll just have your metabolism working against you.

uniifirex

Awards
i went from 3k-2.7 then i said fck it and researched towards a cut, so i tapered my way down, and slowly adjusting.
I'm looking into HIIT but i have an enflamed tendon in my hamstring so i cant go to crazy.
I'm also going to carb load every 2 weeks for a day, forgot to include.

edit- cheat once a month, otherwise i get cravings.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i went from 3k-2.7 then i said fck it and researched towards a cut, so i tapered my way down, and slowly adjusting.
I'm looking into HIIT but i have an enflamed tendon in my hamstring so i cant go to crazy.
I'm also going to carb load every 2 weeks for a day, forgot to include.

edit- cheat once a month, otherwise i get cravings.
Glad to see the cals had been at least somewhat slowly lowered. That's something I wish I knew in the past; jumping to a drastically lower amount (or higher amount) does not go nearly as well as making a gradual adjustment.

As for the tendon; I get it, man. That makes sense, then. Don't aggravate it. I just listed that because if all things are equal, I'd choose HIIT over LISS (at least as a primary form).

I would stagger some days and use non-lifting days to lower carbs from your 200g+ down to at least the 100g mark and then up fats on those days (or just let those be lower calorie days in general). I wouldn't think you need to do any type of carb loading while taking in 200g+ on a daily basis, though being on test obviously makes this different (just listen to your body).